ADVERTISEMENT

Offensive line play

Not enough top-end speed.
Agree I thought Gregg bell is supposed to have great speed he rather disappointing same a woodyard and that's the biggest stickler going after jucos most the time you only have them 2 years if they don't contribute the first only one year left I'm not against jucos but ya need to make darn sure they'll fit and contribute right away

Regardless I'd like to see it on a more consistent basis and can we scrap the screens already? Need much more perfecting, they have looked horrible!
I agree, I wouldn’t have minded seeing a few more attempts... if the D lineman doesn’t get his had on it the announcers made it sound like a sure TD.

Agree I thought Gregg bell is supposed to have great speed he rather disappointing same a woodyard and that's the biggest stickler going after jucos most the time you only have them 2 years if they don't contribute the first only one year left I'm not against jucos but ya need to make darn sure they'll fit and contribute right away
I think Woodyard has a redshirt year still

My guess is Frost and Co. will be doing handheld times this recruiting season and beyond.

Reactions: husker2612
I think we have enough speed at WR to stretch the field vertically, there are just a few things holding us back. The main one is lack of time to get a guy down field. To throw deep, the line has to give A.M. at least 3 seconds. Secondly, I think teams are playing press coverage on our wr’s...they need to be able to beat the press coverage quickly before the pass rush gets to AM (not easy when AM is running for his life after a second and a half). Third problem is that teams are playing their safeties over the top to take away the deep ball if our WR’s do manage to beat press coverage. What is open is the intermediate passing game...but again our oline isn’t giving AM the time to take advantage of it.

In summary, stack the box, run stunts and blitzes, press cover the wr’s with safeties over the top to take away the deep ball and bet that blitz will get there and Nebraska can’t beat you throwing the ball over the middle for 10 yards all game. And so far, they’re right.
Yep, #1 issue is the O line. It all falls on them. They can't open holes for the RB. They can't block for the QB to even attempt to get a ball down the field. They limit the coaches it what plays they can call. Their poor play ties everyone's hands. Until they figure it out or the coaches find someone who can. I don't think there is much if anything that can be done.

Not really. If you bring two more in to block, they bring two more onto the line with them. Couple that with the fact that they aren’t great blockers, you are just making a bad situation worse. If you spread those guys out wide, at least the D has to put someone out there on them.

Who is not a great blocker? Boe Wilson wouldn't be an improvement?

You guys might as well get used to it. I HATE basketball as football.

Yep, #1 issue is the O line. It all falls on them. They can't open holes for the RB. They can't block for the QB to even attempt to get a ball down the field. They limit the coaches it what plays they can call. Their poor play ties everyone's hands. Until they figure it out or the coaches find someone who can. I don't think there is much if anything that can be done.

Did we give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

Reactions: Baxter48
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT