ADVERTISEMENT

Joel Klatt post spring top 25

Klatt always gives Nebraska the benefit of the doubt and this time I hope he is right.

I don't like any of the teams in new leagues to do as well as he thinks because in my opinion it is more difficult for coaching staffs to gameplan against a full slate of new teams than people think.

I also have a hard time believing in Ole Miss and Missouri. Having those two teams near the top of the SEC says more about the state of that league than anything.
Ole Miss and Mizzou have a manageable schedule. Oklahoma has it more difficult, they’ll play both Ole Miss and Mizzou plus texass, Tennessee, Bama and LSU.

Lots of folks gobbling up the former buff’s pandering hook, line & sinker

Not surprising.

joel klatt and brock huard are two of my favorites. they both played the game and thus bring a perspective lost on guys like rece davis. both seem objective and fair in their commentaries.

sidebar: i see huard's son, another of those can't miss 5* high schoolers, has failed at his first school (uw), transferred to cal poly, and now has moved on to utah.

Last edited:
Reactions: timnsun
Lots of folks gobbling up the former buff’s pandering hook, line & sinker

Not surprising.
You’re like a shock DJ always trying to start stuff and piss people off.

Last weekend, there was a guy on talk radio who was promoting his upcoming segment on most overrated tv shows of all time… and the guy is always being contrarian, so I knew he was going to include Friends somewhere on his list.

It was his number one most overrated tv show of all time. I’m guessing you probably feel the same about Friends…

You’re like a shock DJ always trying to start stuff and piss people off.

Last weekend, there was a guy on talk radio who was promoting his upcoming segment on most overrated tv shows of all time… and the guy is always being contrarian, so I knew he was going to include Friends somewhere on his list.

It was his number one most overrated tv show of all time. I’m guessing you probably feel the same about Friends…
Love Friends!

If you’re a Friends fan, the origin of the show and the movie the producers cribbed the idea from is very interesting and worth a deep dive

Side note - it’s hilarious that you “liked” the wildcat’s subtle jab at DR just because he agreed with your assessment of Klatt, a longtime Husker gaslighter.

Either you didn’t read his entire post or you just don’t get it. Both options very much in play.

We’re so desperate for positivity we’ll take it at face value no matter the source!

Love Friends!

If you’re a Friends fan, the origin of the show and the movie the producers cribbed the idea from is very interesting and worth a deep dive

Side note - it’s hilarious that you “liked” the wildcat’s subtle jab at DR just because he agreed with your assessment of Klatt, a longtime Husker gaslighter.

Either you didn’t read his entire post or you just don’t get it. Both options very much in play.

We’re so desperate for positivity we’ll take it at face value no matter the source!
Klatt has always been nothing but respectable to Husker fans. I got no animosity towards him. That being said, you're never going to find me saying anything nice about Colorado or Coach Sanders.

Love Friends!

For what it’s worth, I like both Klatt and Huard, which is why I liked wildcat’s post.

Same reason I hit like on some of your posts as well. If I agree with something, I hit the like button.

I don’t pay much attention to any of these guys these days. I look at their picks but don’t go out of my way looking for them. In the long run, it doesn’t matter so I don’t see why some would such tight panties over it.

But then Nebraska is picked in the top 25 and suddenly these guys are on to something. It is also interesting how well the over and under for wins the last few years for Nebraska has been pretty spot on.

Of course this will all be forgotten as well our inept FB team’s record when they start winning. Just think of the possible combinations of 30 teams, plenty of room for error. Oh well.

Reactions: king_kong_
Klatt has always been nothing but respectable to Husker fans. I got no animosity towards him. That being said, you're never going to find me saying anything nice about Colorado or Coach Sanders.
At least sanders is honest.

Klatt is a pandering mainstream media gaslighter who, like 100% of buffs, hates NU to its core.

If we weren’t so desperate for good news, you’d see through his obvious annual clickbait.

Said the same exact stuff every offseason during the Riley and Frost eras. Verbatim.

I don’t pay much attention to any of these guys these days. I look at their picks but don’t go out of my way looking for them. In the long run, it doesn’t matter so I don’t see why some would such tight panties over it.

But then Nebraska is picked in the top 25 and suddenly these guys are on to something. It is also interesting how well the over and under for wins the last few years for Nebraska has been pretty spot on.

Of course this will all be forgotten as well our inept FB team’s record when they start winning. Just think of the possible combinations of 30 teams, plenty of room for error. Oh well.
We haven’t hit our win total over in 8 years.

Yep. Its rare for posters to like things that are counter to their narrative

(This response was meant for @timnsun)

Last edited:
Yep. Its rare for posters to like things that are counter to their narrative
Well, the narrative is we haven’t been very good for a long time. Is that news? Not to me. Yet the pundits and people on here burn the eternal flame of hope which is fine. Then reality sets in. If we keep getting props to the top 25, one would think we eventually have that msgical winning season.

Just.Win.Games I don’t care about narratives, just results on the field.

Reactions: king_kong_

Klatt is a pandering mainstream media gaslighter who, like 100% of buffs, hates NU to its core.

If we weren’t so desperate for good news, you’d see through his obvious annual clickbait.

Said the same exact stuff every offseason during the Riley and Frost eras. Verbatim.
Sanders thinks he can just show up and snap his fingers and win. It's not going to happen.

Mmhm

Trolling

That’s it

Carry on, Timbo
I’m not the one carrying on 😂. I’m laughing at the attempt. Responding to one poster while tagging another with a silly argument is a feeble attempt at trolling. I already provided a logical explanation for why I liked his post and you can’t accept it.

Carry on, you don’t know how to have a normal conversation without dramatizing every post.

You and I must have different definitions of honest because I find Deion to be a classic bullshitter. The usual, say it often and say it the loudest and everyone will believe you. Fake religious.

I’ve heard Klatt talk about the Huskers on a Colorado radio show on several occasions. If he wanted to talk crap about them, he would have had receptive hosts and audience. But he never does that. Instead, he gives a balanced review of the team, including the positives, and I can tell he’s watched them enough to inform his opinion. And when the hosts try to goad him to insulting Nebraska, he always responds with how great of atmosphere it is in Lincoln and how happy he was to have competed there as a player.

Klatt is alright. And I think he’s pretty good as a football TV guy.

Responding to one poster while tagging another with a silly argument is a feeble attempt at trolling.
Or it’s a simple mistake.

That reply was meant for your post and I accidentally responded to the wrong one.

Reactions: timnsun
You and I must have different definitions of honest because I find Deion to be a classic bullshitter. The usual, say it often and say it the loudest and everyone will believe you. Fake religious.
He said what he thinks about NU publicly.

Klatt keeps that behind closed doors. He’s not dumb.

Or it’s a simple mistake.

That reply was meant for your post and I accidentally responded to the wrong one.
Just to be clear, I liked your post because I appreciated the clarification.

Please don’t lecture me for liking your post and why it makes me look bad or something.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT