ADVERTISEMENT

NU - MSU Prediction Time!

maplesyrup95

Junior
Nov 26, 2014
Looks like rain in East Lansing will be only in the early-to-late-morning. So let ‘er rip and call your shot!

I’m surprised I beat Pennsy to this thread! And I’ve got no rhyme or reason to this, as I’ve felt up and down about tomorrow night’s game, but I’m rolling with:

NU 27
MSU 25

Reactions: zrob and bluenrg
This to me is a huge game. It will tell a lot about this team. Sorry if preaching to the choir here but what we can't afford is a 21 point loss. I truly don't know what to think about this team after the ugly loss to Illinois and the"moral victory" loss to OU.

We win and I think we've turned the corner.

My heart is.
NU 27
MSU. 23

My head.
NU. 20
MSU. 31

This to me is a huge game. It will tell a lot about this team. Sorry if preaching to the choir here but what we can't afford is a 21 point loss. I truly don't know what to think about this team after the ugly loss to Illinois and the"moral victory" loss to OU.

We win and I think we've turned the corner.

My heart is.
NU 27
MSU. 23

My head.
NU. 20
MSU. 31
My mind is on the same groove. We win, and we just might turn a corner.

GBR!!!

we need to be able to run the ball well enough to open up the passing game. if we cant, could be a long day.

I think our D will be able to hold them to enough for us to win, we just need to not absolutely melt down on any of the phases of the game. Im talking to you Special Teams
Or pass well enough to open up the run game. Either is fine.

we need to be able to run the ball well enough to open up the passing game. if we cant, could be a long day.

I think our D will be able to hold them to enough for us to win, we just need to not absolutely melt down on any of the phases of the game. Im talking to you Special Teams
I hear you but I thinking the other way. IF I'm MSU I stack and spy am. Force dare him to throw. We need to hit some deep balls to get defense off los

Reactions: WHCSC
Don't know if I'm qualified to guess as bad as my Oklahoma pick was and I keep going back and forth.

I'm liking our defenses ability to play within itself. This is our first smashmouth Big 10 test though. Can we slow down the rushing attack?

I think we will slow it more than anyone Mich State has played so far.

Gonna go with my second prediction already. Lpl. Gonna be a slobber knocker but thinking Mich State 21-16.

I wouldn't be surprised if we broke out on O and scored 4 TDs either and won 28-14.

Let's get a GD win!

Reactions: maplesyrup95
NU comes out motivated after their strong showing at OU and Mel's team is overly cocky after their Miami win...

Nebraska Wins this one 35-17 and our conversations on this board changes going forward
I think this is a solid take. I’m so confused that the line is only +3. If MSU is a Top 25 team, and we’re ranked about 60-70ish, why are they only favored by 3 at home? It’s essentially a push - Vegas sees something.

It’s time for a big W on the road.

Last edited:
Reactions: bshirt73
I think this is a solid take. I’m so confused that the line is only +3. If MSU is a Top 25 team, and we’re ranked about 60-70ish, why are they only favored by 3 at home?

Maybe because we've covered the spread 3 weeks in a row. Miami isn't that good. Not sure how good ou is either. Vegas buying into the narrative that nu not as bad as their recent history perhaps

Maybe because we've covered the spread 3 weeks in a row. Miami isn't that good. Not sure how good ou is either. Vegas buying into the narrative that nu not as bad as their recent history perhaps
Very true. I’m not quite sure how the sharks thought about this spread. It’s pretty darn even on paper since both us & MSU struggle with Field Goal kicking.

I think this game is going to come down to the wire.

Reactions: zrob
I think anyone predicting 30 or more points for us is hoping against hope that we see something tomorrow that we have rarely seen under SF. If Huskers win, it will be by keeping MSU under 25 points, IMO, and I'm just not very optimistic they will do that. Until proven otherwise, I'm going to have to go with our ineptitude in the redzone and on special teams, with an untimely turnover or two, will again bite us in the butt and we lose 27-24. (Frankly, I'll be pleasantly surprised if defense holds MSU to under 30 with the positions I anticipate offense will put us in). Sorry, not buying the Kool-Aid yet.

The spread is up to 5, which is about right considering that Michigan St beat a crappy Northwestern team and a 1-2 Miami powerhouse. With that being said, their running back will be the difference in the game. Michigan St. 31 NU 24. They cover and it probably will be the game that starts the big downward spiral for Frost and the team, unless he can get the sloppy play taken care of. From what he has shown in the last 3 years plus, he will not.

Nebraska - 35
Michigan State - 24

Nebraska gets up 21-0 early, MSU gets it to 21-17 early in the 3rd and Nebraska breaks a few deep balls to the big WR’s.

Nebraska has one of their better games on the OLine. Special Teams “only” makes like 1 mistake…

Reactions: Sinomatic
I think this is a solid take. I’m so confused that the line is only +3. If MSU is a Top 25 team, and we’re ranked about 60-70ish, why are they only favored by 3 at home? It’s essentially a push - Vegas sees something.

It’s MSU -5

Nebraska - 35
Michigan State - 24

Nebraska gets up 21-0 early, MSU gets it to 21-17 early in the 3rd and Nebraska breaks a few deep balls to the big WR’s.

Nebraska has one of their better games on the OLine. Special Teams “only” makes like 1 mistake…
Wow 😳

Reactions: Sinomatic
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT