ADVERTISEMENT

NU likely bowl destinations

inWV

Assistant Head Coach
Sep 22, 2007
per LJS

Pinstripe Bowl in New York City (Dec. 26)
Foster Farms Bowl in Santa Clara, California (Dec. 26)
Quick Lane Bowl in Detroit (Dec. 28)
Armed Forces Bowl in Fort Worth, Texas (Dec. 29)

Would seem that we will go. At least two 5-7 teams will go and we have the best APR score amongst the 5-7 teams.

A bowl sponsored by a hormone free chicken company out of the Bay Area. No whale trophy, but perhaps we will see a chicken trophy.

Foster Farms also provides a likely opponent in UCLA - frankly, a UCLA/Nebraska matchup is much more desired for eyeballs than going against Air Force. It would also be a name team from a power conference that would give our players some motivation to show up.

Cali would be good for recruiting and we've got a lot fans in that 'hood. Frankly any of those options would work (w NYC being my least preferred-simply due to the winter weather)

GBR

Reactions: sparky62
Cali would be good for recruiting and we've got a lot fans in that 'hood. Frankly any of those options would work (w NYC being my least preferred-simply due to the winter weather)

GBR
I hear ya on the winter weather, but the chance to play in Yankee Stadium would be very memorable. Also there were a ton of Husker fans from the East who made the trek to the Rutgers game. It would likely have a decent turnout of Husker fans in either location.

Only bowl I'd rather not see us in is the quick lame bowl in Detroit. Wufff.

rather play air force in texas...ucla would beat us, in california
beating a team in texas is better than losing to a team in california.

not saying for sure we beat airforce, but the last time we played ucla I watched
it in a irish bar in rome full of soccer fans, and martinez didn't throw 4 interceptions
but they still buried us.
maybe airforce is distracted by isis and we can get the win.

Reactions: sparky62
A bowl sponsored by a hormone free chicken company out of the Bay Area. No whale trophy, but perhaps we will see a chicken trophy.
The trophy will need to be tested for salmonella and E Coli. They excel at outbreaks.

rather play air force in texas...ucla would beat us, in california
beating a team in texas is better than losing to a team in california.

not saying for sure we beat airforce, but the last time we played ucla I watched
it in a irish bar in rome full of soccer fans, and martinez didn't throw 4 interceptions
but they still buried us.
maybe airforce is distracted by isis and we can get the win.
So, you are so down on the team after a somewhat close loss to Iowa that you're now saying that Nebraska can't beat UCLA? Last I checked, UCLA lost 4 games. Yes, most of their losses came against good competition, but did you not forget that Nebraska beat the 5th ranked team in the nation in Michigan State? That Nebraska had 4 INTs vs. the number 4 team in the country and still lost only by 8?

I'd MUCH rather play a power 5 conference opponent to give the team a real challenge vs. playing an undersized Air Force team - and of course, Nebraska could easily lose that game too, but the team will only get better playing good competition.

Hoping for the CA bowl. Will definitely go as I'll actually be home in CA for this Christmas season instead of MO/NE.

Getting to play in the same stadium the Super Bowl is being played in is a pretty good reward for going 5-7...UCLA would probably beat us by 10+ but I would much rather watch that game than vs a MAC or MW team

Reactions: Husker Hunyock
LJS saying UCLA at the Foster Farms Bowl a leading possibility.

Just read this on the official Foster Farms web page:

"The contest will be televised live on ESPN and matches the 4th Pac-12 selection against an upper- echelon Big Ten team."

We.could be upper echelon baby! Laughing

Foster Farms also provides a likely opponent in UCLA - frankly, a UCLA/Nebraska matchup is much more desired for eyeballs than going against Air Force. It would also be a name team from a power conference that would give our players some motivation to show up.
Like this scenario

per LJS

Pinstripe Bowl in New York City (Dec. 26)
Foster Farms Bowl in Santa Clara, California (Dec. 26)
Quick Lane Bowl in Detroit (Dec. 28)
Armed Forces Bowl in Fort Worth, Texas (Dec. 29)

Would seem that we will go. At least two 5-7 teams will go and we have the best APR score amongst the 5-7 teams.

My fingers are crossed on Foster Farms Bowl, just 5 miles down the road from where I live. If so, I will finally get to go to a bowl game. :)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT