ADVERTISEMENT

NU leads for 4 star RB Kylin Hill....

HBK4life

Nebraska Legend
Jan 24, 2004
North of Lincoln South of Heaven
ChaFNoVUkAA5C_j.jpg

HuskerOnline.com‏@HuskerOnline 2h2 hours ago

Columbus, Miss. RB Kylin Hill (@H_Kylin) says Nebraska currently "is leading" with him. ($): https://nebraska.forums.rivals.com/threads/text-interview-with-rb-kylin-hill.127167/#post-2358906

Reactions: c3ntral08
Why? What's the point when we are just going to go 10 wide offense?

Will Sammon, The Clarion-Ledger 9:24 a.m. CDT May 2, 2016
Kylin Hill is strongly considering two schools and there seems to be a decent chance he makes a decision as early as this weekend.

The Columbus four-star 2017 running back has Mississippi State and Nebraska as his two leaders.

“They’re the main two teams I am looking at the most,” Hill said Sunday night. “Mississippi State, I’m an in-state guy, so they’re right there and I visit them a lot so I know a lot of background about them. Nebraska, they have a really good coaching staff and, to me, the best fan base in college football.”

Hill added he plans to visit MSU on Saturday.

The Bulldogs have 11 verbal commitments for the 2017 class. Six of those pledges are from Mississippi high school players. MSU does not have a running back committed yet for 2017, but Hill, who is ranked by the 247Sports Composite as the No. 90 player in the country, No. 7 running back and No. 3 player in Mississippi, would be an impressive addition.

That is something he has heard frequently in recent weeks.

“All of those guys, when they committed to Mississippi State, they hit me up and were basically telling me that I am up next and can be the face of the class,” Hill said. “They were basically telling me how bad they want me. Any recruit, when they commit as the face of a class, would love that kind of thing.”

MSU seems like the most practical landing spot for Hill, but he said Nebraska is a serious option, despite it being 1,000 miles away. Hill is close friends with former Columbus standout Byerson Cockrell, who went on to play for Nebraska.

“Some of my family members have concerns and say it’s a little too far away,” Hill said, “but most of them just told me as long as I’m happy I can choose any school.”

Hill once labeled Ole Miss as his leader, but the Rebels’ offense, from his perspective, does not seem as good as a fit. His view, of course, could change between now and National Signing Day.

“With Ole Miss, they are still one of my top schools and even after I commit, I will still hear from other schools and hear what they have to say because it would be a long time until signing day,” Hill said. “With Ole Miss, especially with the two receivers they signed, A.J. (Brown) and DK (Metcalf), they are obviously going to throw the ball a lot.”

Hill, who is poised to be one of the state’s top players this fall, made second team All-State as an athlete after he rushed for 1,750 yards and 18 touchdowns. He averaged an impressive 8.7 yards per carry. He was used as a slot receiver, was a key contributor on special teams and finished the season with 23 total touchdowns.

Reactions: HuskerO
Would be pretty amazing/impressive if we landed Hill. Guys from Mississippi generally don't leave their home state or venture far from other southern schools.

Hill is definitely a better RB than what Rivals has him listed at right now (should be at least a 5.7 three-star imo).

Reactions: huskerfan1414
Would be pretty amazing/impressive if we landed Hill. Guys from Mississippi generally don't leave their home state or venture far from other southern schools.

Hill is definitely a better RB than what Rivals has him listed at right now (should be at least a 5.7 three-star imo).

We once had a Mississippi recruit cut his official short claiming he was homesick...I kid you not...though I think his homesickness might have been caused by the temperature in Michigan in January.

Agree, I would love to get him but, based solely on that article, I would say he is probably going to commit to Miss St. Whoever gets his commitment is probably going to have to work very hard to keep him on the hook until February.

Reactions: Archie Graham
Agree, I would love to get him but, based solely on that article, I would say he is probably going to commit to Miss St. Whoever gets his commitment is probably going to have to work very hard to keep him on the hook until February.

Agree. If he were to commit to us I'd imagine our coaches tell him that so long as he is looking around so will we.

I don't see it. At least on that video. He reminds me of a smaller Ozigbo. Not super fast, and not real quick laterally. I hope we have other options.

Agree. If he were to commit to us I'd imagine our coaches tell him that so long as he is looking around so will we.
Yep that article made it sound like he likes the idea of being the prize recruit of his class. Unfortunately, that won't happen here for the class of 2017. THE guy? No. A damn good addition to what looks to be a great class? Absolutely.

Some chatter that the MSU social media fan base has given NU the edge. Again, "chatter" that they've not been too kind to kid and is desire to not commit to MSU right away.

4 star on whose ratings? A low 3 star (5.5) on Rivals. Help me out. Why the differential?

I don't see it. At least on that video. He reminds me of a smaller Ozigbo. Not super fast, and not real quick laterally. I hope we have other options.
Right, he's not a blazer nor that quick, but he I thought he had decent speed and his balance looked superb to me. Good vision too.

Right, he's not a blazer nor that quick, but he I thought he had decent speed and his balance looked superb to me. Good vision too.

Ya know, it's not like I know more than our coaches, so I gotta trust 'em on this. I just want to get the best guys in that we can. And it's not like Ozigbo has been a slouch. :Cool:

Reactions: HuskerO
4 star on whose ratings? A low 3 star (5.5) on Rivals. Help me out. Why the differential?

Four Star on the ESPN rating. There's always a big difference in the ratings. Scout had Avery Roberts ranked 71st overall, and he's not even in the ESPN top 300.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT