ADVERTISEMENT

NU-Colorado night game!!

They probably felt like I did in Boulder in 2001.

yes-nod.gif

Reactions: 9and4
I was surprised to see that he is only worth $45M. Most of the other GOATS of their sport are worth a shitload more. $45M is not bad at all, but you would think he would be easily 100+

Reactions: V-Doub
I would agree normally, but I really want Michigan to feel knocked down a peg.

Their fans have quickly adopted the attitude that they've been a perennial powerhouse for years.
I have a Michigan friend who was talking about dominating Ohio St and I was like hasn't Ohio St still won like 16 of the last 20 and he was like well, yeah. Alright then.

Couple CU lines...like I said, they might only be favored in 2-3 games all year.
When you look at the entire season, that loss to CU looks really, really bad.

CU beat 4 teams.
5-7 TCU by 3
3-9 ASU by 3
5-7 Colorado State in 2 OT's
Nebraska by 22 (29 without TD on last play)

We were the worst offense they faced and our defense couldn't stop them the entire second half.

• Sad
Reactions: eastbuff and thall_

CU beat 4 teams.
5-7 TCU by 3
3-9 ASU by 3

We were the worst offense they faced and our defense couldn't stop them the entire second half.
doesn't look too bad when you factor in the qb issues we had

Paging Jaylen "Ferrari" Lloyd and Jacory Barney. Time to go deep boys!!
Man... I just can hear Gus Johnson yelling Ferrari or Lamborghini Lloydddddd. Just like he did with Maserati Marv Harrison. Cringe. I agree though. We should be able to move the ball at will and have our TE's and receivers chew them up in the run game as well. I hope we just run it right down their throat.

Reactions: huskerfan1414

CU beat 4 teams.
5-7 TCU by 3
3-9 ASU by 3

i would contend that it got outta hand due to a couple terrible turnovers. Nebraska easily could've controlled that game, and possibly won with HH or any QB more capable of sustaining drives than Sims. defense got gassed

i also think confidence is huge. Colorado entered that game thinking they were a playoff contender. after they got humbled by Oregon, they were a completely different, much more beatable team.

I was just thinking about that 1992 Massacre in Memorial. At the time, Nebraska had not beaten Colorado since 1988. CU was a top 10 team if I remember correctly.

And NU blew them out 52-7. It was as if all the frustration of the previous years was taken out that night, in just two hours of beat-the-shit-out-of-you football.

It was great.
I was there. We were both ranked #8! Dominating victory for the Huskers.

CU beat 4 teams.
5-7 TCU by 3
3-9 ASU by 3

And I felt like CU could have won by even more.

i would contend that it got outta hand due to a couple terrible turnovers. Nebraska easily could've controlled that game, and possibly won with HH or any QB more capable of sustaining drives than Sims. defense got gassed

i also think confidence is huge. Colorado entered that game thinking they were a playoff contender. after they got humbled by Oregon, they were a completely different, much more beatable team.
I don't buy the defense getting gassed argument because it would have had to happen at halftime. Momentum is another thing and hard to get it with an ineffective QB.

CU's biggest loss last year was in the coaching staff. Those guys violated every practice rule last summer and got them prepared for the early games and their lack of depth didn't hurt them as much.

I don't buy the defense getting gassed argument because it would have had to happen at halftime. Momentum is another thing and hard to get it with an ineffective QB.

CU's biggest loss last year was in the coaching staff. Those guys violated every practice rule last summer and got them prepared for the early games and their lack of depth didn't hurt them as much.
Getting gassed in altitude can happen pretty quickly, especially when your counterparts on offense are wetting the bed as badly as our offense did.

When you looked at how effective our defense was in the first half, their lack of success in the second was a variety of things in my opinion, including getting gassed as well. The frustration of the offensive ineptitude had to have played in a bit as well, so effort was probably not as strong in the second, but they also had to have been getting tired for being on the field as much as they were since the offense stunk so bad.

Getting gassed in altitude can happen pretty quickly, especially when your counterparts on offense are wetting the bed as badly as our offense did.

When you looked at how effective our defense was in the first half, their lack of success in the second was a variety of things in my opinion, including getting gassed as well. The frustration of the offensive ineptitude had to have played in a bit as well, so effort was probably not as strong in the second, but they also had to have been getting tired for being on the field as much as they were since the offense stunk so bad.
In the first half we were up in time of possession 18 min to 12 min and we ran 35 plays to their 36.

Got rested at halftime and Colorado didn't punt in the second half and scored at will on us. They made adjustments and our defense got smoked.

In the first half we were up in time of possession 18 min to 12 min and we ran 35 plays to their 36.

Got rested at halftime and Colorado didn't punt in the second half and scored at will on us. They made adjustments and our defense got smoked.
Fair enough, maybe not gassed. But maybe demoralized by the offensive ineptitude. No doubt Colorado made some adjustments as well. But the offense did the defense no favors.

CU beat 4 teams.
5-7 TCU by 3
3-9 ASU by 3

The loss to CU agitated me more than most of the others. I don't hate any programs other than CU. Too much Husker fan mistreatment in Boulder for me to ever respect them.

Reactions: king_kong_
Man a night game would be electric. Hope it's what happens and the weather isn't sticky gross
I feel like it will be "bigger" than the Miami game 10 years ago.

I had a tailgate spot really close to the stadium that year and my god, it was packed and the booze was flowing.

Some rando-girl sat in one of our chair, passed out, peed herself.

We had a "Shot-Gun" which was a huge hit.

Great times.

Please, please make this be true. Huge advantage to us if it is a night game. If we come in after winning our first game and DR is the starter and plays well in that first game the hype will be off the charts. The crowd will be on fire. Might be our loudest game ever for two reasons: it is Colorado and Deion, and the fan base is so hungry to return to our winning ways they will unleash about 10 years of deep frustration. And if we get ahead early … sheesh … you might need to bring earplugs.

I was just thinking about that 1992 Massacre in Memorial. At the time, Nebraska had not beaten Colorado since 1988. CU was a top 10 team if I remember correctly.

And NU blew them out 52-7. It was as if all the frustration of the previous years was taken out that night, in just two hours of beat-the-shit-out-of-you football.

It was great.
Remember 2001. SKO BUFFs

Please, please make this be true. Huge advantage to us if it is a night game. If we come in after winning our first game and DR is the starter and plays well in that first game the hype will be off the charts. The crowd will be on fire. Might be our loudest game ever for two reasons: it is Colorado and Deion, and the fan base is so hungry to return to our winning ways they will unleash about 10 years of deep frustration. And if we get ahead early … sheesh … you might need to bring earplugs.
My guess it has been 23 years of bad football

Remember 2001. SKO BUFFs

Look at this cvnt, tell us all about your championships. That’s right you only have one that you got because the voters felt sorry for you, because you had a qb who was a piece of shit, dead beat father who died of cancer.

Nebraska’s record against the puffs 49-21-2. Largest margin of victory, Nebraska 59-0. Longest win streak, Nebraska 18.

Remember the 2005 game in boulder when Nebraska beat cu worse than cu did Nebraska in 2001?
That was a fun game, Cory Ross out of the backfield catching short passes snd moving the chains. Good times in Boulder, our seats were right where cu went to the locker room, i was able to congratulate them on such a fine effort. I will never forget that look on hawkins face.

Reactions: Husker Todd
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT