ADVERTISEMENT

NU B10 payout $51M for 2018-2019 vs $26M for 2016-2017

Nebraska was getting $8 million from the Big XII, and now will receive $50 million with the Big Ten.

But the Big XII has also increased payouts, due to fewer members, and renegotiated rights deals with networks. Negotiated deals mostly because Nebraska bailed out, starting a flood of departures that nearly killed off the conference.

Each surviving "have not" still residing within the Big XII should be forced to pay Nebraska a million dollars a year in tribute for what it did for them. If Nebraska hadn't shaken things up, they'd still be receiving maybe $12 million a year, while only Texas bathed in the kind of cash enjoyed by Big Ten members.

I don't care about the money...since it isn't mine. What I wish the Big Ten could do...was make all the schools closer together! I hate the distance for road trips!

Reactions: saluno22
With the massive amounts of dollars conferences are paying out to every member there is increasingly a smaller and smaller financial incentive to win. It is nice to win but at the end of the season you pick up your 50+ million and it doesn’t matter if you are 2-10 or 10-2.

With the massive amounts of dollars conferences are paying out to every member there is increasingly a smaller and smaller financial incentive to win. It is nice to win but at the end of the season you pick up your 50+ million and it doesn’t matter if you are 2-10 or 10-2.
To add, let's not forget who is footing the bill: The fans who pay for subscriptions that carry the networks who show Big Ten teams. Advertisers, commence droolling...

Reactions: jlb321
Yes, and marginalizing the need to sell tickets. This levels the playing field in many ways.

Reactions: jlb321 and saluno22

Coaches making $4 to $9 mill per Year care. Stadium revenue is still a massive amount.

Everybody forgets we have been getting lower payouts for the last.. what is it? 7 years? Most of those payments, were less than what the B12 was getting in comparable years.

So while this sounds great and everything for 2018, there was about a $10million gap last year where Big 12 members were making more, and the year before that, and so on.. so yes it's great to finally get a full share, but NU has been underpaid for a very long time.. add some interest to that money, and that's a big amount.

Now that Delany has also diluted everyone's share to 14 members with the addition of Maryland and Rutgers, I hope that money given up, plus interest, is worth that 1/14 of the BTN media channel. Something tells me it's not, but I would love to see that asset on the University's books to see how they accounted for it.

Reactions: huskerfan1414
Everybody forgets we have been getting lower payouts for the last.. what is it? 7 years? Most of those payments, were less than what the B12 was getting in comparable years.

So while this sounds great and everything for 2018, there was about a $10million gap last year where Big 12 members were making more, and the year before that, and so on.. so yes it's great to finally get a full share, but NU has been underpaid for a very long time.. add some interest to that money, and that's a big amount.

Now that Delany has also diluted everyone's share to 14 members with the addition of Maryland and Rutgers, I hope that money given up, plus interest, is worth that 1/14 of the BTN media channel. Something tells me it's not, but I would love to see that asset on the University's books to see how they accounted for it.

Shh. Shh. This is why we're here. This is why were here.

Yeah Delaney pissed me off with that move.
Didnt he let rutgers and maryland come in as full revenue immediately? Thought i heard that.

Yeah Delaney pissed me off with that move.
Didnt he let rutgers and maryland come in as full revenue immediately? Thought i heard that.

Nope. Rutgers gets 11.6 mil and Maryland gets 20 something with advances.
Not nearly close to what Nebraska is getting.

Reactions: SOHusker11
Maryland actually received more money than any BIG school, but it was going to the ACC for the payout, so it is ACC money, not Maryland's.

One and the same, BIG paying Maryland's debt. Did BIG give Nebraska anything to pay the Big12, i mean Texas?

Can the athletic department loan some money to the university to offset the budget cuts?:cool:

Seriously does this money have to stay in the athletic dept? I just read that UNL proposed a million in cuts. Maybe some creative accounting can be done?

One and the same, BIG paying Maryland's debt. Did BIG give Nebraska anything to pay the Big12, i mean Texas?
That money left the conference to pay off another conference.. In Nebraska's case, they just paid NU less and gave the difference to the other 11 schools in the conference..

Does anyone think when Maryland and Rutgers joined, that they bumped up the remaining 12 schools? I don't think so. No, we paid them more, and then there is the question of how long before Maryland and Rutgers are full fledge members?

It would have to be like 10-15 years right? X many years to pay off their old conference, and 7 years for their buy in to this one.

Somehow, I don't think they got a similar deal. It is only NU that had to bend over for the last 7 years.

That money left the conference to pay off another conference.. In Nebraska's case, they just paid NU less and gave the difference to the other 11 schools in the conference..

Does anyone think when Maryland and Rutgers joined, that they bumped up the remaining 12 schools? I don't think so. No, we paid them more, and then there is the question of how long before Maryland and Rutgers are full fledge members?

It would have to be like 10-15 years right? X many years to pay off their old conference, and 7 years for their buy in to this one.

Somehow, I don't think they got a similar deal. It is only NU that had to bend over for the last 7 years.
If we had to pay our dues so to speak it is still worth it. That dumpster fire of a conference was on the verge of implosion. Rumors about top teams bailing every week. NU, CU, A&M and Mizzou the smart ones to leave. The others like ISU, KSU, etc have to keep slobbing on Bevos knob because nobody else wants them. They never had our back and always sided with Texass pukes to bring NU down. They all deserve each other. NU is in a stable conference with history, tradition and lots more cash. It was worth it.GBR!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT