ADVERTISEMENT

NU 4 TD favorite over UNI

The good news is our DL is deep as hell and these youngsters will hold their own.
So encouraged to see McGahee get that strip at the end of the CU game. He kind of became an after thought to Shavers but is clearly progressing really well. When true freshman can start getting consistent reps and start making consistent plays on a top 20 defense then you know things are going right.

Different era for sure but back in the 80s a good friend of mine (former NU starting qb back in the less than glorious early 50s😀) bet every Husker game pro-Huskers. He claimed he came out far ahead even though Husker teams of that era routinely gave boatloads of points.

However, even if this team’s potential to blowout lesser opponents is similar to those of the 80-90s teams - and I want more evidence - I would have a hard time betting such a big spread against UNI. While UNI may not be at the level of SDSU or NDSU, those MVFC teams are tough and well coached.

Different era for sure but back in the 80s a good friend of mine (former NU starting qb back in the less than glorious early 50s😀) bet every Husker game pro-Huskers. He claimed he came out far ahead even though Husker teams of that era routinely gave boatloads of points.

However, even if this team’s potential to blowout lesser opponents is similar to those of the 80-90s teams - and I want more evidence - I would have a hard time betting such a big spread against UNI. While UNI may not be at the level of SDSU or NDSU, those MVFC teams are tough and well coached.
They are well coached, and I think scoring may be much harder than the 56 I put in because of their offensive style, but we match up well with them.

They don't pass a ton and run power. I think that will be hard with the size and depth of Nebraska's line. Add to that a team trying to fix some offensive consistency, Nebraska should roll.

They are well coached, and I think scoring may be much harder than the 56 I put in because of their offensive style, but we match up well with them.

They don't pass a ton and run power. I think that will be hard with the size and depth of Nebraska's line. Add to that a team trying to fix some offensive consistency, Nebraska should roll.
Great matchup stylistically to prep the team for conference play.

I think in this game they may be challenging the offense and WR's some based on Rhule's comments on intensity. If that's the case I would take that line.
Going forward, the NU receiving corp needs better production than they showed against CU.

(RB/SLOT) Rahmir 8 catches for 49 yds, Jacory 6 catches for 29 yards;

(WR) Neyor 4 catches for 31 yds, Banks 2 catches for 2 yds, Lloyd 1 catch for 36 yards;

(TE) Boerkircher 1 catch for 25 yds, Fidone 1 catch for 13 yds.

7 players caught passes. 23 total catches for 185 yds or 8 ypc. Not very good.

If, and its a big if, Lloyd makes that catch on the sideline and Fidone is able to get that one near the endzone, and IF NU plays a much less penalized 2nd half, NU very well could have had between 550-600 yards of total offense and closer to 42-50 points.

That one video where the guy broke down some pass plays clearly shows we have WR's who are not goind 100% and working as hard to get open as this team needs them to be. That falls on the player(s), McGwire, and Rhule. I'm glad the receivers as a group are getting called out on it.

NU had over 170 yards of offense called back on those 2nd half penalties. A work in progress.

These games are tough. Rhule is starting to show he values going deep into the bench over large victory margins. I think everyone plays again, which will definitely affect the final score.
UNI likes to control TOP so that might limit our opportunities as well. I have no idea what they have this year but in theuo past they've played P5 teams tough.

Reactions: huskerfan66
DR plays a clean game. 2 40+ yard completions. 3 TDs.

HH comes in and shows he’s a viable option moving forward. He has 2 TDs, 1 pass and 1 rush.

DD comes out after he reaches 100 yards 2 TD.

UNI- 7
NU- 59

This will be the opposite of CU.

UNI will run the ball the entire game, no matter the score. This game will go fast and NU might pull starters like in game one.

With that said...I don't hate giving up the points here since UNI probably won't score through the air, so them getting a long drive for a TD seems unlikely.

Lay the points.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT