ADVERTISEMENT

NSIAP: Maryland's new coach

CRuyhd8VEAAyUdV.jpg
I can't tell if that girl is terrified or turned on... Smokin

Reactions: anon_umk0ifu6vj6zi
Earle Bruce was largely considered the Bob Devaney of Iowa. The dude took a program that had no business winning football games and turned them into a perennial winning season school.
What program are you talking about? OSU?, iowa state? CSu? Looks like you mean Iowa state. They Have won about 30% Of games since the mid 70s for crying out loud

1) Season isn't over.
2) Let's see what MR does once he gets his own players who fit his system.
3) You're obviously impressed (even if it's just a little) by Bo's 9 win season every year.

What Bo accomplished means very little at Nebraska after year 4 and those 9 wins become hollow when they're wins over average teams, losses are blowouts and no championship of any kind.

1. I agree, season isn't over--I cannot project where this team finishes...so I used now. Which so far isn't great, to be 3-4 against 0 ranked teams.

2. I have never been a believer in the "wait until the coach gets his players". Last time I heard that was with Callahan. A good coach will tailor his scheme to fit his current personnel. Besides that, the offense right now is good enough to run his system and the offense isn't the issue. The issue is on the other side of the ball and their biggest issue is a below average defensive coordinator. I will say that Bo was a pretty lazy/ineffective recruiter so this team could definitely use more quality depth-I don't think anyone would argue with that.

3. Actually Bo winning 9+ games every year is impressive. If it wasn't hard--you would see more coaches do it. I have said before that a divorce with Pelini was absolutely necessary--he should have been fired the year before when he basically dared the AD to fire him. What I have a problem with his pretending that Bo was fired for what he did on the field. If he had Tom Osborne's personality he would still be the head coach here. Do you disagree?

How could Bo graduate players if half of his recruits left the team? He has to have one of the lowest graduation rates of any coach out there. Plus, can you imagine all the psychological/PTSD-type damage he inflicted on our kids? We ought to grab part of that huge salary we are paying and help our kids through recovery.
PTSD? lol
Boy, that Bo was certainly a meany!

The look on that girl's face behind Bo and her "oh my" hand placement is priceless. She epitomizes how we all felt for years.

PTSD? lol
Boy, that Bo was certainly a meany!
A bunch of people here think you are wrong. Even one of our former players said our players were similar to battered wives. I'm sure not everyone was impacted but we should check the players out. I'm sure Bo is smart enough to know what he was doing.

1. I agree, season isn't over--I cannot project where this team finishes...so I used now. Which so far isn't great, to be 3-4 against 0 ranked teams.

2. I have never been a believer in the "wait until the coach gets his players". Last time I heard that was with Callahan. A good coach will tailor his scheme to fit his current personnel. Besides that, the offense right now is good enough to run his system and the offense isn't the issue. The issue is on the other side of the ball and their biggest issue is a below average defensive coordinator. I will say that Bo was a pretty lazy/ineffective recruiter so this team could definitely use more quality depth-I don't think anyone would argue with that.

You're right, it's more than just "wait until the coach gets his players". This year it's combination of that, having the players become more and more familiar with the new coaches schemes therefore becoming more comfortable on the field with what they're asked to do and like you said, having more quality depth. Look at Art Briles, he had to wait until he got his players. Was he not a good coach his first 5 years?

3. Actually Bo winning 9+ games every year is impressive. If it wasn't hard--you would see more coaches do it. I have said before that a divorce with Pelini was absolutely necessary--he should have been fired the year before when he basically dared the AD to fire him. What I have a problem with his pretending that Bo was fired for what he did on the field. If he had Tom Osborne's personality he would still be the head coach here. Do you disagree?

If Bo had Osborne's personally he would most likely still be the head coach at Nebraska. Still wouldn't mean that his 9 win seasons every year mean much without any championships, no Top 10 finishes, continuation of getting blown out (against superior and inferior teams) and barely beating inferior teams.

I'm not arguing as to why Bo was fired, just that his 9-win seasons have little value at a program like Nebraska without any kind of championship or Top 10 finish.

You're right, it's more than just "wait until the coach gets his players". This year it's combination of that, having the players become more and more familiar with the new coaches schemes therefore becoming more comfortable on the field with what they're asked to do and like you said, having more quality depth. Look at Art Briles, he had to wait until he got his players. Was he not a good coach his first 5 years?

If Bo had Osborne's personally he would most likely still be the head coach at Nebraska. Still wouldn't mean that his 9 win seasons every year mean much without any championships, no Top 10 finishes, continuation of getting blown out (against superior and inferior teams) and barely beating inferior teams.

I'm not arguing as to why Bo was fired, just that his 9-win seasons have little value at a program like Nebraska without any kind of championship or Top 10 finish.

Thank you for your honesty. I agree with your post.

Reactions: HuskerO
A bunch of people here think you are wrong. Even one of our former players said our players were similar to battered wives. I'm sure not everyone was impacted but we should check the players out. I'm sure Bo is smart enough to know what he was doing.
So, since you have been called a troll so much, even when you weren't trolling, the last couple of days you have changed your strategy and are intentionally trolling? Not sure what else this and many other posts the last few days could mean...

So, since you have been called a troll so much, even when you weren't trolling, the last couple of days you have changed your strategy and are intentionally trolling? Not sure what else this and many other posts the last few days could mean...
No...I simply am trying to get along. I thought it best to not talk about Bo. But the consensus was that Bo needs to be brought up. So I have given my opinion of Bo in order to be just one of the guys.

Reactions: SnohomishRed
No...I simply am trying to get along. I thought it best to not talk about Bo. But the consensus was that Bo needs to be brought up. So I have given my opinion of Bo in order to be just one of the guys.
I'm picking up your sarcasm...

I never thought Bo should have been around so long. I was one of the first ones here calling for his removal. I have no problem bashing him.
Not talking about that... I have seen you critical of Bo in the past, and deservedly so. I'm talking about you quoting what others have said (which you haven't agreed with, but now, "to fit in", are doing). My sarcasm meter has been off the hook with how you are taking what others are saying and, rather than arguing, you have been floating it as gospel.

I gotta say, I think I liked the other Tom a little better... You took a stand, and even if many didn't agree, you stood by it. I'm not seeing that anymore.

No offense... :)

Not talking about that... I have seen you critical of Bo in the past, and deservedly so. I'm talking about you quoting what others have said (which you haven't agreed with, but now, "to fit in", are doing). My sarcasm meter has been off the hook with how you are taking what others are saying and, rather than arguing, you have been floating it as gospel.

I gotta say, I think I liked the other Tom a little better... You took a stand, and even if many didn't agree, you stood by it. I'm not seeing that anymore.

No offense... :)
Ehhhhhh...I had plenty of people calling for my head because I had problems with the Riley hire. Other than penalties, pass defense, and awful game management the coaches have done pretty well. I have learned that people will listen to you much better on this board, however, if you blame Bo. I was tired of hearing about Bo and felt it has detracted from discussion of this year's team and performance but sometimes you have to go along to get along.

Last edited:
Ehhhhhh...I had plenty of people calling for my head because I had problems with the Riley hire. Other than penalties, pass defense, and awful game management the coaches have done pretty well. I have learned that people will listen to you much better on this board, however, if you blame Bo. I was tired of hearing about Bo and felt it has detracted from this year's team and performance but sometimes you have to go along to get along.
you crack me up sometimes Laughing

What program are you talking about? OSU?, iowa state? CSu? Looks like you mean Iowa state. They Have won about 30% Of games since the mid 70s for crying out loud

I like that you replied HOURS after I clarified myself.

Ehhhhhh...I had plenty of people calling for my head because I had problems with the Riley hire. Other than penalties, pass defense, and awful game management the coaches have done pretty well. I have learned that people will listen to you much better on this board, however, if you blame Bo. I was tired of hearing about Bo and felt it has detracted from discussion of this year's team and performance but sometimes you have to go along to get along.

Calling for your head? I've seen people call for you to STFU and that's about it. Inflated sense of self much?

Well get use to this.......

“I don’t know if I’ve ever been this disappointed and this embarrassed. It’s been a long time,” - See more at: http://www.vindy.com/news/2015/oct/18/no-shows/?newswatch#sthash.UZgUT5Rl.dpuf

“There hasn’t been a great crowd since I’ve been here,” the first-year coach said. “It used to be around here that ... I’m not going there. I got enough issues of my own.” - See more at: http://www.vindy.com/news/2015/oct/19/change-is-in-the-air-for-ysu/?newswatch#sthash.Gutbpl9H.dpuf

The balls of this guy. Melvin Gordon and Wisky say, HELLO!!!!

“I don’t know if I’ve ever been this disappointed and this embarrassed. It’s been a long time,” Pelini said. “We didn’t show up.”

Yep, plus the thought of getting blown out 4 times yearly isn't anything new to them, so they probably don't even see that as a big sticking point. The throwing temper tantrums... That's going be the hard thing for any university to get around though. I suspect even Maryland has some standards in that regard.
They didn't seem to have much problem with team/coach's conduct at PSU last year (started pregame fight, refused to shake hands, didn't hold players out who started fight...). I have a feeling Nebraska fans/administration would have a big problem with that kind of conduct.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT