ADVERTISEMENT

Not sure it’s on a plate more now for NU to rejoin big 12

It boggles my mind that you can’t see the big picture. NU will continue to earn more in the Big Ten. Every year. Until the end of time. That’s only sports. That doesn’t include the other, EXTREMELY LARGE, part of the equation, which is enhanced academic credibility.

I know the Big 12 is hopelessly desperate for NU to return. It won’t happen. It would be like hiring Mike Riley again. Pure foolishness.
I for one would never like to see Nebraska back in the Big 12 but I have many Nebraska friends who have told me they wish they have never left. I just want to wish you the best.

This is 2016-2017 reporting, but $10 billion in funded research. More than Ivy League and California research systems combined. $10 BILLION in a single year. While it’s not divided equally, if it was that would equate to over $714 million a year. That’s almost 13 times what football brings in. Football was the catalyst, but academics played a huge role.

https://www.btaa.org/docs/default-source/reports/btaa-annual-report-16-17-accessible.pdf

That’s just a statistic to brag about the research prowess of BTAA members, it doesn’t mean the grant money was obtained due to BTAA membership.

UNL’s ranking among public universities has actually decreased since joining the B1G.

That’s just a statistic to brag about the research prowess of BTAA members, it doesn’t mean the grant money was obtained due to BTAA membership.

So what? The Big Ten is just sitting on a big pile of money like Scrooge McDuck?

The Big 12 will not be playing football this fall,that is my thoughts, especially now with a reported 9 O.U. players testing Covid 19 positive.

he has no say. There's orders from on high way above his pay scale for this crap
Well if there will never be sports again shouldn't he be looking for a condo in Florida or bulldozing Memorial Stadium and make it into a parking lot?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT