ADVERTISEMENT

North Korea

I hope the reports are correct that he's a vegtable...but I hope he still has some mental capacity in the sense that he's aware of everything...yet can't move...and has to lie there and suffer for years...and to complete my wish list, I hope some people he hates are allowed to see him and they spit on his face and rack him a few times...and after a decade or so of this, I hope they bury him alive.

So what happens next if Rocket Man is actually RIP?

Hard to predict as we've never really seen North Korean female leadership in action. Darth Vader never had a sister, nor did The Emperor or Snoke as far as we know, so Star Wars is of no help either.

Kim Yo Jong could be a walking human rights atrocity just like good ol' dad/bro. Or she could be a kinder, more benevolent version of a North Korean dictator, which is to stay probably still evil as hell but not necessarily trying to take the Devil's job.

That's all assuming that the immortal "Supreme Leader" who hits a hole-in-one on every hole is actually a mere frail human after all (and probably a hack golfer too). What was the excuse for Kim Jong Il's death again? Called to Heaven to replace God? If Un really is dead or in a veg state, the spin out of PRNK will be entertaining.

Anyway, here's Kim Yo. Almost looks like she's getting ready to serve him a plate of poisoned food. "Eat up, brother. You need your strength..."

960x0.jpg

Last edited:
Who else beside Trump will attend the funeral?

I never saw a downside to diplomacy, or at least an attempt at it, with NK...I've asked a few people who dislike everything a certain person does, and doesn't do, to enlighten me and it never happened. So I just chalked it up to some people are going to whine no matter what.

His sister takes over. Kim Jong Poon:eek:
Yep. Little rocket man's kids are too yung. So sissy will step in. Prediction. This won't end well....black widow on steroids IMO. There will be a huge power struggle and many political opponents will disappear. Just my opinion.

But then again it sounds like business as usual

I hope the reports are correct that he's a vegtable...but I hope he still has some mental capacity in the sense that he's aware of everything...yet can't move...and has to lie there and suffer for years...and to complete my wish list, I hope some people he hates are allowed to see him and they spit on his face and rack him a few times...and after a decade or so of this, I hope they bury him alive.
Alright, hater, you're falling into the old habit again of denigrating a poster who has @died and cannot defend their self.

Hard to say what to believe. Trump put on a statement that he didn't think the rumors were true. If there is any leader on the planet that would know what is going on with NK it is probably Trump. If indeed he is dead or mentally gone, could be bad for US. You can hate Trump all you want but he had a good relationship with the guy and was able to keep him under control to an extent. The new leader who takes over could always be worse. Some are suggesting the NK military could be looking to take control. They have any itch trigger finger and seem more willing to punch first and ask questions later.

I think that whether this leads to any significant change will depend almost entirely on President Xi and his inner circle. Whether the U.S. President is named Trump or Bush or Obama, the options for dealing with North Korea have pretty much been limited to doing the carrot/stick/carrot/stick dance for the entirety of his term. That is not a criticism of any of them - there just are no good options for bringing about change in North Korea without China being on board.

I'm not an expert but I doubt that China would sign off on a reunified Korean Peninsula - at least not in my lifetime. But perhaps there is a middle ground that could allow North Koreans to live in something better than Hell on Earth, and ease the next-door-to-a-crazy-man threat that the citizens of South Korea and Japan have to live with on a daily basis.

Last edited:
I would be surprised if it didn't end up with a military take over.
Initially I thought the same, but China doesn't have a history of this sort of thing regarding another country. I have heard some grumblings about certain lawmakers in South Korea also wanting to become more nationalistic/communist as a way to try to re-unify with the north. This possibly puts South Korea and China at odds with one another. Something we should really side step if possible.

Now, Hong Kong, they might absolutely take it over via force, (because it legally belongs to China again) and in a counter intuitive way, it would actually be to our benefit if they did.

Not that I want to see the HK people suffer or lose their freedom, but HK is where the West does business with China. HK, being previously ran by Britain, is a rule of law place.

If HK no longer adheres to the 1 country 2 systems, then it is no longer rule of law, and no longer provides cover for any outside corporation to do business with them and they become isolated, which is what we want.

However all this geopolitical stuff turns out, remains to be seen, but it's a very interesting chess match going on.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT