ADVERTISEMENT

Non-Official Tunnel Talk

MotorBoater

Nebraska Legend
Aug 13, 2008
Non-Official Tunnel Talk 6.0

What goes on in NOTT stays in NOTT. Or else......really I won't do anything, actually who really gives a crap. It's no big deal. Most of this you can find on google.

It's finally Friday! Is it me or has this week just taken its time? Well let's get things started with another NOTT.

Last week it was announced WR Kevin Gladney was gladly dismissed from the team, reasons are unknown at this time.

14_2994124.JPG

It was announced earlier this week that the university is exploring the option of putting a dome top over UNL. This would help keep rain, sunlight and drones out of the stadium. Still doesn't solve the sitting/standing debacle that has been going on for the last 15 years.

NFL Stud linebacker and former husker Lavonte David is picking up a new hobby this offseason as he is trying to become a cowboy after pictures surfaced him riding a horse. Why can't Herbie Husker be black??

B1G Network obviously doesn't know good food as it listed Mistys as the top gameday food stop in Lincoln....wtf B1G? Mistys? Seriously? Where they serve you Fetzer wine and carrots with your steak??? #FAIL

IMAGE97.JPG

The University of Alabama-Birmingham announced that they are bringing football back in 2017, look forward to 2016 SEC Media days as Saban as something else to complain about.

The speculation of Lincoln's golden boy, Jared Bubak announced that he is OFFICIALLY taking his talents to Arizona. Bubak is happy to be in a no-block offense, a new revolutionized offensive scheme that Graham has sold to recruits. Even offensive mastermind Chip Kelly said "WTF?" When hearing the news.

Husker legend and current HO.com poster, Damon Benning known as Forerunner...or front runner, he's one of those two guys....not really sure, injured himself while taking part in his first ever crossfit class. Rumor is the trained professional crossfit trainer told Benning that he should start in the beginners class, but Benning asked her how many Orange Bowl MVPs does she have? Let's say he couldn't handle the jumping jack push-ups.

8454453.jpg

It was discovered that dogs in Nebraska were "itching" more then usual this summer, Vets all across the state were left stun as they didn't have a reason why, only solution was to just knock your dog up with Benadryl. I spoke with one Vet who's been a animal doctor for 35 years and he said the last time it was this bad was the summer of 1993. #NATTY

Adidas released two types of husker alternative uniforms this past week, the first one was for the men's basketball team, Adidas designer rep told me they put a lot of hard work into getting a good design for husker hoops that fans would be excited about, so they took last years alternative jersey template and just reversed the colors. #ADIDAS #REVOLUTIONARY

After discovering Pluto, NASA also discovered Earth 2.0. A planet that's similar to Earth and is around the same distance to its star as earth is to the sun. Speculation is husker fans on that planet still complain about everything as well......and Iowa still sucks.

8673bb9d4849e9ddeb8d35fb9eb5e889.jpg

Husker football alternative jerseys were released yesterday as well, they went with the all black with the red duck tape numbers as well. #backNblack #GOBIGBLACK

It was discovered that 58% of husker fans pee in pools and at least one husker fan would pee in my moms pool........CAN FALL CAMP JUST START ALREADY?!?!?? WHATS NEXT???? DO YOU CRAP IN THE SHOWER??????

HO.coms very own, Dean Callahan was in DC this week to "preview the upcoming husker season" but rumor is he was rubbing elbows and chugging expensive wines with the politicians of Washington. Is Dean making another run for office in the future???

Also, exciting news, I got this update from my simulated season of the upcoming season on NCAA football, check out the rankings for best offensive linemen in the country:

3wEZx7o.jpg

I'd like to introduce a new feature on NOTT where I will be doing a short interview with a husker poster. Getting to know the person behind the username.

For the first one, it's only fitting that we bring in Sam-I-Am. He's been silent recently, but he agreed to answer a few basic questions of mine.

Tz6PT6K.jpg

MotorBoater (MB)- Why are you a husker football fan?

Sam-I-Am (SIA) - Simple answer, because of The Bobfather. It's a complex question requiring a rather lengthy answer. It has a lot to do with my family and a lot to do with my environment outside the family while I was growing up.
I have relatives who played both college and pro football. My Grandfather played for "Papa Bear" Halas. He never played for Nebraska, but his brother, cousins and some of his in-laws, did. I proudly display in my office the leather helmet of one of them who was an important member of Nebraska's first Rose Bowl team.

My other grandfather came from Independence, MO. On the MO side of the family, several played for the Tigers. One was an All-American. Many of my family members were in coaching and my brother, who is much older than I, was a very good player at Westside HS while I was very young. Thus, football was a huge part of family life and, naturally, my up bringing, so I grew to love the sport at an early age.

There existed a rivalry within the family between the Tigers and the Huskers. When The Bobfather took over, the Husker culture awakened like it had never done so before. I was too young to understand it at first. It happened over time as I grew to pick a side. Even the family from Independence, MO eventually made the switch. This all built up to the point of when I attended my first Husker game as a young boy in 1969 where I met The Bobfather after our homecoming victory.

He startled me by picking me up, hugging me, looking me in the eyes with his grand smile and talking to me like I was his own. It only lasted a couple of seconds but at that point, I became a Husker fanatic and the rest, as some often say, is history.

---------

MB- What brought you to HO.com and how do you view it?

SIA - I was a member of other sites before HOL and followed friends from those sites to the original Husker site and board Roz set up. I view it as a means of getting Husker news and connecting with Husker fans to share our love of the Huskers, Nebraska, sports in general and making friends. I deeply cherish the many friendships I've made through HOL and I look forward to making more in the future.
--------

MB- Thoughts on the Mike Riley hire?

SIA- I'm delighted that MR was hired. I think that MR has the potential to take the Huskers back to contending for, and occasionally winning, National Championships.

----------

MB- What is your prediction for the upcoming season and what is a unacceptable record in his first year?

SIA- I'm sorry, but I never go into a season with my eye on how many wins or losses would be acceptable. I've always said that season predictions can't be rationalized by simple win/loss numbers before a season is played and usually not afterwards either.
At this point in time, I would say that the only record that would be totally unacceptable with this schedule and with this much talent would be a losing record. We have only had two of them since 1961. It would be devastating to the program.

This is my prediction in a nutshell. Unfortunately, we don't have the depth at certain positions to withstand any significant injuries. That will be a major key this season.
If the injury bug doesn't hit us hard, I expect that we will have a much better season than last year. We have the talent at the starting positions to challenge for the B1G title with a little luck. We haven't had very much luck from the injury side of things since 1997. It's time for that cycle to finally turn around.

---------

MB- One thing posters don't know about you that you would like them to know?

SIA- That I may not post much on RSS in the future, but as you know, I'm happy to discuss things on the new private message function of the board. It really is a great new asset for the site.

--------------

I'd like to thank Sam-I-Am from taking time out of his busy schedule to discuss a few things and being the first poster to be interviewed in NOTT.

Also, before I let you all go and enjoy your weekends, I'd like to make a special little announcement that starting next Friday, along with NOTT, I will be bringing back "What the B1G is Saying?" It will be a perfect kickoff with B1G media days starting next week!

"What the Nation is Saying?" which has favorites such as Texas and Texas A&M will be coming in two weeks, along with 8 other teams that I haven't decided on.
If you have any suggestions on anything please let me know. I hope everybody has a great and safe weekend!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News