ADVERTISEMENT

Noah Fant

diehardhawk82

Oct 24, 2001
Is he a top priority for Riley? Is Nebraska recruiting him at DE or TE?

He is visiting Iowa this weekend again. He also visited a few months ago for the spring game. Hoping Iowa can get another one from Nebraska.

From everything that I've heard Nebraska is recruiting him as a DE and he is supposedly the top priority as far as in state kids are concerned.

He stated the other day that his top 4 were (in no order) Iowa, Nebraska, UCLA, and maybe Vandy, I cannot remember. As stated, NU is recruiting him as a DE first. I think he's a better TE. But, I'm also sitting in an office and typing on a message board, so WTF do I know.

He stated the other day that his top 4 were (in no order) Iowa, Nebraska, UCLA, and maybe Vandy, I cannot remember. As stated, NU is recruiting him as a DE first. I think he's a better TE. But, I'm also sitting in an office and typing on a message board, so WTF do I know.

I'm sitting at my kitchen table drinking a beer. I think guys like you and I basically professionals.

Noah will look good in Scarlet and Cream. A versatile player who will be great in the Husker line up where ever he lines up.

Reactions: Husk10
I'm not all too optimistic he becomes a Husker. I'd love to see him at Nebraska, but I have a feeling he may choose to go somewhere else. I have no evidence to support it.

I hope he's a Husker, but if he wants to go out of state I can't blame him. Iowa would be a strange place considering the current state of their program.

Personally I like Ben Stille out of Ashland-Greenwood better, and if I had to pick one or the other I'm on the Stille bandwagon.

Noah is a great talent . A talent that our coaches would/should love to keep in state. Ben Stille is a solid football player who can become a player for us. That said IMO he is no Noah. This kid has GREAT athleticism with the frame to grow into a monster. His ceiling is very very high and I think he's the best player (next level) in the state. Jmho

Holla

I'm not all too optimistic he becomes a Husker. I'd love to see him at Nebraska, but I have a feeling he may choose to go somewhere else. I have no evidence to support it.
He wants to be a doctor. I'd be shocked if he doesn't go to UCLA for that very reason.

He wants to be a doctor. I'd be shocked if he doesn't go to UCLA for that very reason.

I understand that UNMC is in Omaha, but I don't know why people are discussing NU's med program like it's something to sneeze at. Do Iowa and UCLA have some kind of guaranteed track with their med schools that we don't where you're in there if you meet certain criteria in undergrad?

I understand that UNMC is in Omaha, but I don't know why people are discussing NU's med program like it's something to sneeze at. Do Iowa and UCLA have some kind of guaranteed track with their med schools that we don't where you're in there if you meet certain criteria in undergrad?

I would imagine even if there weren't, Iowa and UCLA won't turn down a star football player at their med school, after they spend 4 years of halftime exposes on student athletes and color guys talking about what a great pre-med mind Fant is.

UNMC is a good school, but the reputation of Iowa and UCLA is pretty darn high.

Nebraska football program has actually produced some physicians in the past. Pat Morrell is one that comes to mind. George Flippin is another (although that was a long time ago). Didn't Zatechka or one of those pipleine guys also become a physician? A student does not need to attend the same university to get into its medical school. So deciding to attend UCLA based on the hope of getting into the UCLA Medical School isn't a particularly sound strategy.

Nebraska football program has actually produced some physicians in the past. Pat Morrell is one that comes to mind. George Flippin is another (although that was a long time ago). Didn't Zatechka or one of those pipleine guys also become a physician? A student does not need to attend the same university to get into its medical school. So deciding to attend UCLA based on the hope of getting into the UCLA Medical School isn't a particularly sound strategy.

Rob Zatechka and Pat Tyrance both became successful doctors. I know Sean Fischer was going to be a doctor. Monte Cristo administered my wife's epideral. Then there's the guy who drove drunk in Lincoln. I'm sure there are others.

I would imagine even if there weren't, Iowa and UCLA won't turn down a star football player at their med school, after they spend 4 years of halftime exposes on student athletes and color guys talking about what a great pre-med mind Fant is.

UNMC is a good school, but the reputation of Iowa and UCLA is pretty darn high.

Well, according to US News and world report UNMC is better than both at training primary care doctors. The only areas where UCLA and Iowa have a better reputation is in research and UNMC is no slouch there, and will only move up with the new facilities being built right now. On the other hand, my father in law graduated from Michigan's med school long ago, and as he puts it, any US medical school is going to do a good job of training a doctor.

Reactions: dckchusker
Irregardless, there is no undergraduate "med program." You can select a major that fulfills prerequisites for med school but that's about it. There are no inside tracks, they select the best applicants available. If you make it through med school, any US med school... your are GUARANTEED a job if you go through residency afterwards. Picking a school based on their med program would be odd considering he couldn't participate in it. There are undoubtedly thousands of MD's that did their undergrad at UNL, I know 10 and I don't consider myself to know many people!

Reactions: dckchusker
Is he a top priority for Riley? Is Nebraska recruiting him at DE or TE?

He is visiting Iowa this weekend again. He also visited a few months ago for the spring game. Hoping Iowa can get another one from Nebraska.
keepin this guy in-state is as critical as keeping daishon neal last yr.

Well, according to US News and world report UNMC is better than both at training primary care doctors. The only areas where UCLA and Iowa have a better reputation is in research and UNMC is no slouch there, and will only move up with the new facilities being built right now. On the other hand, my father in law graduated from Michigan's med school long ago, and as he puts it, any US medical school is going to do a good job of training a doctor.

Agree, and I would just choose the Med Center. But he may not.

Irregardless, there is no undergraduate "med program." You can select a major that fulfills prerequisites for med school but that's about it. There are no inside tracks, they select the best applicants available. If you make it through med school, any US med school... your are GUARANTEED a job if you go through residency afterwards. Picking a school based on their med program would be odd considering he couldn't participate in it. There are undoubtedly thousands of MD's that did their undergrad at UNL, I know 10 and I don't consider myself to know many people!

Jake Rudock from Iowa was seemingly vocal about Michigan based on their med school. It happens.

keepin this guy in-state is as critical as keeping daishon neal last yr.

Difference to me between last year and this year is that last year I felt like if we lost Daishon Neal we had no good plan B and we were straight to plan C. This year we have options like TE/DE Xavier Kelly who we're still in good position for.

If we have two of Fant, Bubak, and Stille sign in February I'll be pretty happy whichever two that is. Will be very disappointed if Bubak is a Sun Devil and Fant winds up somewhere else, especially if it's Iowa.

Difference to me between last year and this year is that last year I felt like if we lost Daishon Neal we had no good plan B and we were straight to plan C. This year we have options like TE/DE Xavier Kelly who we're still in good position for.

If we have two of Fant, Bubak, and Stille sign in February I'll be pretty happy whichever two that is. Will be very disappointed if Bubak is a Sun Devil and Fant winds up somewhere else, especially if it's Iowa.
Losing any recruit, esp. Fant, to Iowa would be an epic failure. Their current recruiting class is so piss poor. I'm talking on the same level as northern iowa. We are so short DEs, that keeping a very athletic, instate kid at Neb is absolutely critical, in my opinion. Gonna be damn near impossible to get X kelly to sign LOI to Neb

Losing any recruit, esp. Fant, to Iowa would be an epic failure. Their current recruiting class is so piss poor. I'm talking on the same level as northern iowa. We are so short DEs, that keeping a very athletic, instate kid at Neb is absolutely critical, in my opinion. Gonna be damn near impossible to get X kelly to sign LOI to Neb

What does the kid want to play? I think every school but us is recruiting him as TE. We want him as a DE. If he has a preference, then that fence could work for or against us.

I seem to remember him telling the OWH he didn't have a preference, but I could not remember correctly or he may not mean that.

Wow you are clueless.

0 of 10

Dr. Pat Clare played for the huskers and was or is on the medical staff.

Kelly will be tough to land, but I wouldn't call it near impossible. But there is no way of knowing how much we were in the picture if he heads elsewhere. So we will see on that.

As far as Fant goes, I don't know how anyone can classify it an epic failure if he goes to Iowa. Riley has done everything possible to land him. Offered early, talks to him weekly. Some kids just don't want to go to Nebraska. Riley has done everything right with the currently offered instate guys and that is about all you can hope for

Losing any recruit to Iowa is a failure. They have the worst team and recruiting class I've seen in many yrs

Losing any recruit to Iowa is a failure. They have the worst team and recruiting class I've seen in many yrs
So? Do you recommend the coaches pay him or something if he, for whatever reason, is looking elsewhere? It sounds like the staff has done everything they can legally... Do they need to go the illegal route now to keep from failing?

How is this on the coaching staff if you have someone who, for whatever reason, wants to go elsewhere?

Sheesh.

So? Do you recommend the coaches pay him or something if he, for whatever reason, is looking elsewhere? It sounds like the staff has done everything they can legally... Do they need to go the illegal route now to keep from failing?

How is this on the coaching staff if you have someone who, for whatever reason, wants to go elsewhere?

Sheesh.
I guess I was operating under the assumption the guy is on the fence and doesn't have an inherent opinion to avoid lincoln

Fant is going to be a good one, but if he chooses to leave, I am confident this staff can find someone comparable

Reactions: balsy
I guess I was operating under the assumption the guy is on the fence and doesn't have an inherent opinion to avoid lincoln
Fair enough. For some reason it seems to me that he has been given every spiel to attend Lincoln, and if he doesn't, it's cuz he was gonna go somewhere else all along.

But this is just me reading between the lines among other posters...

The reason why I put so much stock in landing Fant is because he's an instate guy and his athleticism. These guys don't grow on trees.

The reason why I put so much stock in landing Fant is because he's an instate guy and his athleticism. These guys don't grow on trees.

No they don't. But if Fant don't want to be here, I'm not going to take it as slight against the program and/or Riley. The guys been reeling in talent all over the country and going head to head with big time programs for his gets.

If Fant leaves the state, its because he doesn't want to be here, nothing more, nothing less.

Iowa has 4 more commits than you and is still just one spot behind in the rankings.

You are not smart.

Right. They have 4 more commits and are still behind us and many other schools. Once everybody else starts filling up Iowa's ranking will drop like a stone.

a9f-jpg.1581

Reactions: Husk10
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT