ADVERTISEMENT

Noah Fant to announce his commitment on 1620

You're assuming a high school senior to be has the savvy to understand that nuance. I wouldn't bet on that personally.

If a high school senior can't understand that "nuance", he likely isn't going to qualify academically anyhow. It takes about a 60 IQ to pick up on that " nuance".

Reactions: nu2u
If a high school senior can't understand that "nuance", he likely isn't going to qualify academically anyhow. It takes about a 60 IQ to pick up on that " nuance".
Not sure I agree... If a kid has this opportunity, for whatever reason, in today's day and age, it is much more likely something like this will happen. I think it's safe to say that not every CFB player thinks about the ramifications of his actions all the time.

Would love to have him but if he chooses to go elsewhere there are probably 50 more kids out there with similar value. Hate to see a home state kid get away if we want him but its his life. Good luck to him no matter what.

A poster who goes to practice and included a lot of info on the Thursday and Saturday scrimmages said there are players who are not happy with how things have gone and he expects them to leave at semester. He was credible on other things; he said some may not be positive towards the new coaches while leaving. People are talking about having 22 ships available; the report said that number will go up to a good number.

A poster who goes to practice and included a lot of info on the Thursday and Saturday scrimmages said there are players who are not happy with how things have gone and he expects them to leave at semester. He was credible on other things; he said some may not be positive towards the new coaches while leaving. People are talking about having 22 ships available; the report said that number will go up to a good number.

if true, this happens at most schools when there is a staff change. Let`s face it, we have some players upset that Bo is gone and others because the depth chart is passing them by. Probably for the betterment of the team if they move on.

Translation = I got passed on the depth chart. Happens every year. You can quit or you can work your tail off to get better. Anybody gonna be surprised if we lose a few guys and they take a shot at the staff on the way out the door after their "mentor" showed them how its done? Nah.

Reactions: HuskerTimOmaha

Inevitable. We're running a different offense and defense, some players skills won't fit quite as well in the new schemes. Some players got along really well with the old coach and not as well with the new coach.

We always have some attrition. A few guys leave every year. Expect a little more than normal to leave this year.

Inevitable. We're running a different offense and defense, some players skills won't fit quite as well in the new schemes. Some players got along really well with the old coach and not as well with the new coach.

We always have some attrition. A few guys leave every year. Expect a little more than normal to leave this year.
If this is true, I wish the cancers would leave now. Blo showed them its ok to be a terrible teammate and horrible leader, because of hurt feelings and made-up perceived slights. They will also follow his terrible lead and whine to anyone that will listen, even when at their next stop.

Also, Lebron James says hello!

Did Lebron announce on a Cleveland station or was it ESPN?

I am saying I trust that he is staying in Nebraska because I trust that he is a stand up dude who understands what football means to Nebraskans....and thus would understand how a local radio announcement going elsewhere would not be taken well.

Not sure I agree... If a kid has this opportunity, for whatever reason, in today's day and age, it is much more likely something like this will happen. I think it's safe to say that not every CFB player thinks about the ramifications of his actions all the time.

Everyone thinks about the ramifications of their actions. Some people just don't care about how their actions affect others. Those type of people are jerks.

Did Lebron announce on a Cleveland station or was it ESPN?

I am saying I trust that he is staying in Nebraska because I trust that he is a stand up dude who understands what football means to Nebraskans....and thus would understand how a local radio announcement going elsewhere would not be taken well.
IMO he's announcing on 1620 because of his relationship with Benning. That's all it means and it really doesn't matter how or where he announces.

Everyone thinks about the ramifications of their actions. Some people just don't care about how their actions affect others. Those type of people are jerks.
Now I know you don't know what you're talking about... People do stuff all the time and then hindsight comes around...

And regarding LeBron, I know it was ESPN, but it was a public announcement where he absolutely crushed the city of Cleveland by his announcement. The clevelanders were hoping that the hometown kid wouldn't dare do a public announcement like that unless he was going to stay... What would he stand to gain from making that kind of an announcement? But no, the hometown kid chose Miami. You can't see the similarities? I grant you he regretted his announcement, not thinking things through to the end, and it wasn't his finest moment. Does that make him someone with an IQ below 60?

I don't doubt this at all, and I expect there to be quite a high number of people leave/no longer on the team. What is a high number? Hard to say, but I'm guessing at least 15-20.

The roster is kind of loaded with some questionable talent at certain spots, and I expect a bit of a purge after the season.

Recruiting has been an upgrade, and will only get better. We are recruiting a lot of speed from what I can tell.

I am not sure the coaches are happy with the overall team size, 130 something or whatever it is. Maybe they are ok with it, maybe not.

Guys that get passed over, or haven't bought in may get a handshake and let go.

I honestly get the feeling coach is going to step on the gas pedal as hard as he can to win as fast as he can, but will still be a bit of a process. I would not be surprised to have a significantly upgraded roster next year.

I remember when Harrison Barnes held a huge party for his decision announcement at Ames High School.

They opened it up to the public and everyone took the hints that he was going to Iowa State. The crowd was full of alumni and the gym even had the ISU fight song playing before he announced that he was going to North Carolina.

This kid wants to share where he is going with his home town. He doesn't owe the University of Nebraska anything.

Reactions: cubsker
I remember when Harrison Barnes held a huge party for his decision announcement at Ames High School.

They opened it up to the public and everyone took the hints that he was going to Iowa State. The crowd was full of alumni and the gym even had the ISU fight song playing before he announced that he was going to North Carolina.

This kid wants to share where he is going with his home town. He doesn't owe the University of Nebraska anything.

His high school may care if he goes elsewhere, but his home town only cares if he chooses red.

Well maybe some people are just interested in the success of a young man in their hometown and want to celebrate that. 1620 isn't a University of Nebraska radio station. It's an Omaha Nebraska radio station. There is a difference.

I don't understand why people have to be salty about a kid deciding that going to Berkeley or Vandy is a better choice for himself than Nebraska. I sure as hell would think long and hard if I had those opportunities.

This may be shocking but not every kid in Nebraska wants to play for the Huskers. I don't see any problem with him going on a local radio station and talking about it.

Every interview I have heard makes me think he is a well mannered intelligent young man. I hope the kid finds the perfect place for him and his family.

Personally I'm shocked Riley was able to keep the team together as long as he has. I expected a much larger exodus after the spring semester.

butthurt over a kid going on a radio show to say where he's going to college. People get offended at everything these days.

Reactions: fanhawk19
Think above is correct. I have heard that Iowa has moved on from Fant but you never know I guess. My money is on UCLA

The 247 site has a done a bunch of updates on him in the last few days, including extensive interviews with Fant himself. If he's not an Iowa target anymore, there are a few people that haven't gotten the word.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT