ADVERTISEMENT

No way!! Raiola N? OV this weekend

I don’t care if he lights his grandmother on fire. We take EVERY chance in getting this kid. He’s single-handedly a potential program-changer. Will be a magnet for other elite talent. If we pay up, they’ll come. IMHO the most potentially impactful signature in the last….what 20 years?
I was trying to think how long it's been since we've had a game changer at QB? Crouch 20 years ago? Zac Taylor and Joe Ganz were solid but not superstars. We need Dylan and Kyle if we wanna win again.

I don’t care if he lights his grandmother on fire. We take EVERY chance in getting this kid. He’s single-handedly a potential program-changer. Will be a magnet for other elite talent. If we pay up, they’ll come. IMHO the most potentially impactful signature in the last….what 20 years?
Since Tommie Frazier

I was trying to think how long it's been since we've had a game changer at QB? Crouch 20 years ago? Zac Taylor and Joe Ganz were solid but not superstars. We need Dylan and Kyle if we wanna win again.
If they get both of these kids + Fleming and a stud defensive player or two, and it’ll be arguably the greatest transfer portal coup in recent history. Will change the narrative of our program in a WEEK. Go Trev…

I think raolia is N
why would you commit to georgia (almost a 3 peat), move there and live for a year..
then when it's about to get real, decide, hey lets go screw with the minds of Nebraska (won 4 games) fan?
The major prognosticators have flipped him. They don’t do that without some inside knowledge. Not privy to it here on the ol’ free board. The price of anonymity…

I’ve been hysterical about this shit for a year. I’ll officially eat crow and admit we were probably just late to the game last year with the coaching change and the actually good transfer talent was spoken for, if we’d get ONLY Raiola. The rest will be icing on the cake.

If they get both of these kids + Fleming and a stud defensive player or two, and it’ll be arguably the greatest transfer portal coup in recent history. Will change the narrative of our program in a WEEK. Go Trev…
Who are you and what have you done with Tetonia?

Cheers Mazel Tov GIF

Who are you and what have you done with Tetonia?

Cheers Mazel Tov GIF
Am the same elite judge of character and talent as always, buddy…

They’re just finally doin it. This program desperately needs motivated DONORS if we wanna succeed, asses planted in the (soon to be more obese-friendly) SEATS, and this is how it’s done.

Promise him to start.

And come up with 1.5 million.

Fck a Qb competition.
We’ll be way better off as a program featuring McCord for a year (he’ll play arguably at a much higher level out of the gate with his level of experience and success at a high level) than DR untested, and it clearly looks like that’s our plan. And we’d have a couple serviceable backups to boot when he redshirts and develops.

We’ll be way better off as a program featuring McCord for a year (he’ll play arguably at a much higher level out of the gate with his level of experience and success at a high level) than DR untested, and it clearly looks like that’s our plan. And we’d have a couple serviceable backups to boot when he redshirts and develops.

Raiola will be gone then

Its 2024. No kid with great talent gaf about our programs future or any other program's

I’m tempering my enthusiasm, so far we have chubba and hh as quarterbacks and DK as a high school quarterback committed, that’s it. No commit from McCord and riola it’s all speculation, sadly we’ve been in situations like this before and rolled snake eye. Yes I hope we get both it would be great

FWIW, as were others, I was impressed by the combination of Dylan's highlight tape and his actual stats. His tape showcases a lot of long pass accuracy but you always have to be skeptical of a highlight tape alone because it's just that, highlights without any lowlights. But the stats also show a low level of interceptions which every Husker fan appreciates a lot more after this year.
Dude has a cannon, for sure. Some 9f those bombs were 60+ in the air. I was impressed by the touch on some of the intermediate balls.

Everybody's shopping the portal. This has got to become a regular thing if we want to compete on the national stage.

Dude has a cannon, for sure. Some 9f those bombs were 60+ in the air. I was impressed by the touch on some of the intermediate balls.
People I’ve listened to who have seen him throw in person and who I think are credible judges say he has rare arm talent. His high school numbers suggest he has a high football IQ as well.

People I’ve listened to who have seen him throw in person and who I think are credible judges say he has rare arm talent. His high school numbers suggest he has a high football IQ as well.
Someone threw up his highlight clip and while I was sitting in awe for 5 minutes at the kid throwing nothing but 60 yard bombs, I came to the conclusion that yeah, he's pretty good.

If dad wasn’t an ex Husker, I would think we had a shot going into the weekend.

There is ZERO chance dad would allow his kid to come in and get the Husker nations hopes up just to change their minds.

They are not publicly denying it. Wiltfong has flipped with zero hesitation. Kaelin family saying it.

There is no way this isn’t a done deal. Dom has too much to lose. It was one thing to pick Georgia. But we all sort of “got it” despite the disappointment. We wouldn’t “get it” if he came back into the mix, got our hopes up and then said “no” a second time.

Not happening. It’s a done deal

Last edited:

There is ZERO chance dad would allow his kid to come in and get the Husker nations hopes up just to change their minds.

They are not publicly denying it. Wiltfong has flipped with zero hesitation. Kaelin family saying it.

There is no way this isn’t a done deal.
Georgia just signed their Plan B yesterday.

There is no way this isn’t a done deal. Dom has too much to lose. It was one thing to pick Georgia. But we all sort of “got it” despite the disappointment. We wouldn’t “get it” if he came back into the mix, got our hopes up and then said “no” a second time.

Not happening. It’s a done deal
When you’re up against the SEC you hold your breath until it’s on paper.

Georgia just signed their Plan B yesterday.
Yep. More reason why it’s smarter for Dylan to come here. That kid is solid. Georgia would have gone into that battle and Dylan would have had a shorter leash.

At Neb he is going to get every benefit of the doubt. Kaelin isn’t physically ready yet to challenge Dylan For QB1. But this sets up perfectly for Kaelin.

If Dylan is the real deal he doesn’t redshirt next year. Plays in most, if not all, games even if it’s a series (planned or mop up).

Kaelin redshirts and learns the system. He gets a series per game starting his RSFr year. Then when Dylan goes to the league, Kaelin comes in as a Junior FULLY prepared to take over and play for two seasons before he goes to the league.

It’s really ideal for Kaelin to not have to come in before he is physically ready. He could be REALLY good as a RS Junior. Big, physical, smart. Ready.

Yep. More reason why it’s smarter for Dylan to come here. That kid is solid. Georgia would have gone into that battle and Dylan would have had a shorter leash.

At Neb he is going to get every benefit of the doubt. Kaelin isn’t physically ready yet to challenge Dylan For QB1. But this sets up perfectly for Kaelin.

If Dylan is the real deal he doesn’t redshirt next year. Plays in most, if not all, games even if it’s a series (planned or mop up).

Kaelin redshirts and learns the system. He gets a series per game starting his RSFr year. Then when Dylan goes to the league, Kaelin comes in as a Junior FULLY prepared to take over and play for two seasons before he goes to the league.

It’s really ideal for Kaelin to not have to come in before he is physically ready. He could be REALLY good as a RS Junior. Big, physical, smart. Ready.
The other interesting question to me is what impact it has on recruiting that 2025 QB from Iowa.

The other interesting question to me is what impact it has on recruiting that 2025 QB from Iowa.
I like the Iowa kid. If we somehow didn’t take a QB next year it wouldn’t be catastrophic as the McCord money will be available for a stud HS kid in 2026. But I generally don’t like blank spots in classes with a QB.

Reactions: libbity bibbity
I like the Iowa kid. If we somehow didn’t take a QB next year it wouldn’t be catastrophic as the McCord money will be available for a stud HS kid in 2026. But I generally don’t like blank spots in classes with a QB.
Raiola will likely have an impact on 2025 recruiting. Might depend on how Raiola looks in 2024 and whether he redshirt. A redshirt might make it really tough to get a top 2025 qb. Little separation then.

Reactions: BleedRed78
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT