ADVERTISEMENT

No Class A Champion in Nebraska

Everyone on every side of this seems ridiculous to me. I can't imagine:

1. Buying an empty apartment in a different school district just so my kid can uproot his academic life in a perfectly good school, leave his social group, etc, to play a game at a different school.
2. Being petty enough to report someone I suspect to have done the above to the "authorities".
3. Making and enforcing a rule about whether children are "eligible" to play a game at a given school, where they are in class all day, based on their address.

These are sports for children, people. Have we lost our minds?
Not necessarily disagreeing with you, but you realize what would happen in Omaha and the metro area of the NSAA turned a blind eye and didn’t strictly enforce the eligibility rules? It would be a free for all shit show. Who turned it in is irrelevant because it was inevitable that someone would eventually. Gretna was stupid for not seeing this coming and sacrificing their entire team so one kid could play.

You can't imagine wanting your kid to go to a better school or do you mean you just can't imagine renting an apt to do it?

Sidenote, I love that they did an "investigation" ha, what does that mean? How could the NSAA have any "investigation" power.
Again, no insight into the NSAA but in Texas, the current school has to show that they followed procedure for transfer athletes. Basically, that there was some sort of due diligence conducted that student lives in their district. In my school, we have coaches that will do residency checks of students. No one wants to get eliminated from playoffs for having an illegal player.

Do you know that #1 and #2 happened?
I don't know for sure, no, but that's my understanding.
You can't imagine wanting your kid to go to a better school or do you mean you just can't imagine renting an apt to do it?

Sidenote, I love that they did an "investigation" ha, what does that mean? How could the NSAA have any "investigation" power.
I'm not from Omaha and don't know how Gretna and Papio schools compare. I can understand wanting to move my kid for for academic reasons. Not to play football on a different team.

Gretna got to the bottom of this a whole lot quicker than finding out who supplied the alcohol for those girls that died.
Sadly the reflection of these two events shows what matters more in some places. Yeah, the families want to protect their kids futures but shitty lessens learned from the method

I do think this is trash and very sorry that this happened to the Greta kids. But, how would you feel if you were a Westside player? That Gretna player was not insignificant and could have cost you a state title that you’ll never have a chance to get back. If it happened to my kid on either side I would be upset. No winners at all here.

Reactions: mgbreis
Not sure if true....But word is someone followed the kid in question home from school to prove he did not live at Gretna address. That's messed up.

Also hearing it was a Papio South family that started the investigation (also a hot rumor).
Who ever that it was I hope they feel better now…. Sad that the kid was going to school there since last April…

I know plenty of kids lived in the Millard area but still their parents wanted them to go too Omaha Westside.. Big deal. It‘s not fair to the other kids taking the title they won on the field..

lots of the HS in the Omaha area recruit players.
I understand that. I'm saying that I think it's crazy to get a fake apartment so your kid can play football at a different school. Whether they're "recruited" or not.

Again, no insight into the NSAA but in Texas, the current school has to show that they followed procedure for transfer athletes. Basically, that there was some sort of due diligence conducted that student lives in their district. In my school, we have coaches that will do residency checks of students. No one wants to get eliminated from playoffs for having an illegal player.
Oh yeah, I get what you are saying, I am just saying that no NSAA or Texas association of whatever can demand to come into a house of a student. They can ask, but that is it.

Gretna reporting that the NSAA informed them that Westside turned them in...if so, that's total bulls**t on Westside. Westside can get damn near anyone they want, in any sport.

And I know Lucas said it wasn't Westside, who knows....

Reactions: WHCSC
Gretna reporting that the NSAA informed them that Westside turned them in...if so, that's total bulls**t on Westside. Westside can get damn near anyone they want, in any sport.

And I know Lucas said it wasn't Westside, who knows....

Wow, I am shocked they called them out, that is cold blooded.

I understand that. I'm saying that I think it's crazy to get a fake apartment so your kid can play football at a different school. Whether they're "recruited" or not.
In this case it may be the dad got the apartment to move into because of a divorce and the kid went with him? We do not know for sure though. The kid I'm sure was splitting time between both locations since it sounds like the mom was still at the Papillon home.

"Not sure if true....But word is someone followed the kid in question home from school to prove he did not live at Gretna address. That's messed up."

That should mean nothing in today's world with joint custody so prevelant in today's world after divorce in the family! Both addresses should be legal address's for the kids!

Reminder to the coaches of nebraska high school teams... your best teams would get stomped by the best Iowa teams ;)
The NSAA has a zero-tolerance policy and they don't bend an inch. Had this kid even just practiced with the team, they would have vacated the title.

The NSAA has a zero-tolerance policy and they don't bend an inch. Had this kid even just practiced with the team, they would have vacated the title.
Ok? The CIML and IAHSAA tries to act like hardasses too but players transfer all the time now trying to get on the best team they can and rarely does anything happen. Just look at the catholic schools. The NSAA wasn't gonna do anything until it got reported by a butthurt rival. Rules are rules I guess but obviously this kid playing wasn't exactly a big deal. Point is nebraska hs sports have been dying and a lot of that is because the adults make it no fun for the kids to participate

I just foumd out the house I bought last week is technically in Gretna territory. Haha. I didn't know. Prolly should have realized it when I can practically hit the new school with a slingshot from my back deck. Felt kinda dumb not realizing it first though, not gonna lie.

I just foumd out the house I bought last week is technically in Gretna territory. Haha. I didn't know. Prolly should have realized it when I can practically hit the new school with a slingshot from my back deck. Felt kinda dumb not realizing it first though, not gonna lie.
So you got the house? Did you update the other thread?

I got the house, and no. Looks like it faded away???.....if it's on the front page I missed it.

This market is so crazy that house was on market for one day, they showed it for 4 or 5hrs and had 5 offers. All $15K over asking. We weren't the highest but we were the safest with the FNB pre approval letter in hand.

Let’s have them look into Alabama. That should keep them busy for awhile.

Karens and cancel culture. Nothing more to see here. They're still champs in just about anyone's book who knows the difference between reality and sparkling rainbow unicorn poo!
Exactly what does this have to do with cancel culture?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT