ADVERTISEMENT

NIU tied with San Diego State

A

anon_umk0ifu6vj6zi

This of course means that they are super good..... right?

I think I just "jocked" them up.... I think. Not sure though.

This is a 2nd quarter score, so I am also gonna add #manhandled

#personhandled. Laughing

Northern Illinois beat the University of Nebraska in football in 2017. That is a fact.

halftime sdsu 31 niu 14

Northern Illinois beat the University of Nebraska in football in 2017. That is a fact.
A University of Louisiana-Monroe team that finished 6-6 beat a Nick Saban coached Alabama team in 2007. That is a fact. It happens sometimes, even to the best coaches. Doesn't mean it's OK or excusable, but let's not pretend that it's somehow unprecedented.

A University of Louisiana-Monroe team that finished 6-6 beat a Nick Saban coached Alabama team in 2007. That is a fact. It happens sometimes, even to the best coaches. Doesn't mean it's OK or excusable, but let's not pretend that it's somehow unprecedented.
yup. I agree.
Already this year, these teams lost to mid-majors
Nebraska, UCLA, LSU, Stanford. (these last three were ranked when they lost)
Baylor lost to Liberty, FCS.

Iowa last year

#Jocking

This is as sad as the super dorks that tried telling us that McNeese State has that super fast Southern-Speed and they were slanting and shooting gaps all game...

Intstead of just admitting that Bo sucked and the team played like ass that game.

Reactions: baseball31ne
#Jocking

This is as sad as the super dorks that tried telling us that McNeese State has that super fast Southern-Speed and they were slanting and shooting gaps all game...

Intstead of just admitting that Bo sucked and the team played like ass that game.

Weird because the above happened on RSS with scam-i-am, not here on the free board.

Next year, when we lose to Troy, can we just recycle this thread but change all NIU references to Troy? Would save us all a lot of time.

Reactions: MikeRileyGBR
At least we didn't lose to Appalachian St. because our whole team was high.

This is a good post and really drives home the point that with good coaching a horrible preconference loss doesn't mean the season has to be a huge disappointment.

The Michigan coaching staff went to work and the team finished 9-4 - tied for second in the BIG (6-2) - beat a #9 Florida team in the bowl led by tim tewbow and finished ranked in the top 20.

Let's see if we can get similar results from our coaching staff. It starts this coming Saturday.

That was Nicks first year of the rebuild at Alabama. Since you have put Saban out there as some type of reference I am wondering how he did in his 3rd year as that probably would be a more apt benchmark

Will you please post how Saban did in his 3rd year at the helm rebuilding a traditional program.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Who said it was unprecedented?

My post didn't even allude to NIU's win over Nebraska being positive or negative. In the interest of clarity, though, I will state that NIU defeating Nebraska in football is an extreme negative from the Nebraska perspective. Bringing up embarrassing losses by other schools does not make Nebraska's loss to NIU any less negative.

Yeah but it happens to MR all the time

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT