ADVERTISEMENT

NIL budgets.

shocksker

Sophomore
Feb 10, 2014
Nebraska AD recently quoted as saying NIL yearly budget below 10M. Mentioned UW was at 10M, Oregon and OSU at 23M.
I was surprised the gap in yearly budget was so high.
Thoughts?

Budgets are estimations in future spending....doesn't mean the University won't make every effort to be successful

Nebraska AD recently quoted as saying NIL yearly budget below 10M. Mentioned UW was at 10M, Oregon and OSU at 23M.
I was surprised the gap in yearly budget was so high.
Thoughts?
My thought is that I would not buy a used car from our new A.D.

• Haha
Reactions: TampaBaySkers
Budgets are estimations in future spending....doesn't mean the University won't make every effort to be successful
I completely agree. And I don't think NIL is the end all be all in recruiting. Same article he was also quoted as saying NIL and specifically collectives were going away in his opinion.

presently, house v. ncaa settlement does not exclude outside nil payments to athletes.

“According to the settlement terms, third-party NIL compensation to athletes outside of the revenue-sharing structure does not count toward the annual cap,” Yahoo! Sports’ Ross Dellenger wrote. “The method, using an outside party to facilitate athlete pay, affords schools the ability to exceed the cap, distance themselves from legal issues around Title IX and continue operating as many of them do now — with the school’s influence but outside of its umbrella.”

Reactions: shocksker
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT