ADVERTISEMENT

Nice Coincidence - Gebbia Visit

TheBeav815

Nebraska Football Hall of Fame
Feb 19, 2007
Chicago Suburbs
I like than Mannion just happened to be at practice when Gebbia came to visit.

"So anyway, Tristan, as I was saying about our offensive system--whaaaaaaat, Los Angeles Rams Quarterback Sean Mannion, what are YOU doing here? Tristan, have you met Sean Manion? Coach Langs and Coach Riley made him the Pac-12 career passing yards leader, no big deal. What was I saying? Oh yes, our system..."

7e132d103ce54fda527e88a13a3d1540.jpg

I like than Mannion just happened to be at practice when Gebbia came to visit.

"So anyway, Tristan, as I was saying about our offensive system--whaaaaaaat, Los Angeles Rams Quarterback Sean Mannion, what are YOU doing here? Tristan, have you met Sean Manion? Coach Langs and Coach Riley made him the Pac-12 career passing yards leader, no big deal. What was I saying? Oh yes, our system..."
I'm sure that was a nice touch by I honestly could not identify Sean Mannion in a lineup. The guy was barely a third string NFL qb this past year and didn't even make the active roster of the Rams...yes the Rams...in the last few games even though healthy. I'm not sure the wow factor is there.

I'm sure that was a nice touch by I honestly could not identify Sean Mannion in a lineup. The guy was barely a third string NFL qb this past year and didn't even make the active roster of the Rams...yes the Rams...in the last few games even though healthy. I'm not sure the wow factor is there.
The thing is this... Riley's former players will do their part and play their role. Let the good times roll!

Thank goodness it isn't you they are recruiting.

Yeah - because placing a player in the NFL is really easy to attain. I believe I saw the odds of actually being drafted in the NFL at 2% - so a guy who not only was drafted but is returning for a second season is no big deal.

I would bet a big time QB recruit from the West Coast could identify the Pac-10's All-Time leading passer.

I would bet a big time QB recruit from the West Coast could identify the Pac-10's All-Time leading passer.
This is exactly what I was thinking as well. Gebbia knows who Sean Mannion is...

Riley is using past success to impact future success. What a concept!

Thank goodness it isn't you they are recruiting.

Or....him doing the recruiting...

"This is our indoor facility, but it's sort of old and it's dark inside. And yeah, each locker has an iPad, but they are only 32 gig and pretty slow. And the wireless signal inside the locker room sucks. And that 'hip-hip hooray' thing that Riley does after wins...It's pretty cheesy."

"What? You've decided on Alcorn State? Noooooo!!"

Reactions: timnsun and jeans15
You're right. If only Mitch Mustain would've been QB at Nebraska or player under MR.

Can you imagine all the 5* QB's we'd have right now?

Last edited:
I said it was a nice touch. Maybe next we can get Curtis Painter to come to practice. Just a few more yards and he is the #1 Career Passing Leader in the Big Ten.

Yeah - because placing a player in the NFL is really easy to attain. I believe I saw the odds of actually being drafted in the NFL at 2% - so a guy who not only was drafted but is returning for a second season is no big deal.
Exactly. I don't think TT realizes how talented you have to be just to make an NFL roster. 3rd string, All Pro, whatever, its an accomplishment.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT