ADVERTISEMENT

NFL is king

Where would college football rank - with the number of teams I would assume it would be just behind nfl?
Apples and oranges. So many more teams. I don't think there can be an accurate comparison. But I would like to see a comparison between college football and basketball.

It would also be nice to see a comparison of the women's college sports- like basketball, hot oil wrestling, foxy boxing and such and such.

Great information. Thanks for posting!

Baseball relies on the 81 home games obviously. Baseball and NBA teams get a lot of revenue off local TV- I think that contributes to the inequality amongst the teams.

I think the NBA has such generous TV deals because they have so much appeal in the major markets. I do not get the appeal of NBA basketball. I love the sport but "today's NBA" is not fun to watch.

Reactions: baseball31ne
I love live hockey and love going to the Canes games, but it is nuts what they charge. I quit paying and only go on company or vendor tickets because it has become so ridiculous.
That is so true. Seems like the story for these franchises is revenue growth. I even hear it as a topic on sports talk radio. As a fan, there isn't much of anything I could care less about.

"Guys, the main topic for today's meeting is revenue growth. But first a quick update- the new Domus Aurea locker room will be finished once we finish the rotating ceiling with the 50 carat diamonds. And today's lunch is being catered in from Paris. "

Reactions: leodisflowers
Apples and oranges. So many more teams. I don't think there can be an accurate comparison. But I would like to see a comparison between college football and basketball.

It would also be nice to see a comparison of the women's college sports- like basketball, hot oil wrestling, foxy boxing and such and such.
Agree it’s apples and oranges but all the data is known on some level for D1 to compare. I thought it would be interesting to see. I agree it would be interesting to see the gap to basketball and if we had that we could compare to NFL too 😁

Reactions: Dean Pope
Agree it’s apples and oranges but all the data is known on some level for D1 to compare. I thought it would be interesting to see. I agree it would be interesting to see the gap to basketball and if we had that we could compare to NFL too 😁
Yeah, that would be interesting if someone were to go through the work to analyze it. In my book, I shy away from the D1 comparison because of the inequity of it all. Of course, if Nebraska ultimately benefits from inequity of the system, I will turn a blind eye toward it and Go Big Red!

I love live hockey and love going to the Canes games, but it is nuts what they charge. I quit paying and only go on company or vendor tickets because it has become so ridiculous.
I remember back when the lighting sucked, they had a deal - 2 tickets, 2 beers and 2 hot dogs for $20

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT