ADVERTISEMENT

Neyor, Banks and Raiola oh my!!

I might get flak for sounding like an extreme homer, but we could see double digit wins.

Some balls will need to bounce our way, and the health bug can’t hit a certain #15.
You aren't crazy.

Raiola and our receivers are legit top tier Big Ten caliber behind only Ohio State and Oregon. I did not expect our WR to look that good. We also have a decent run game and our defense is giong to be good enough to win double digits.

It all comes down to the O Line and pass protection holding up, staying healthy, clock management, and being able to make field goals. The last two we have no evidence of yet.

But the QB, WR, and defense are double digit caliber, no homerism.

If we beat CU, I say 8-10 wins might be attainable this year. Maybe even a surprise beyond...
IF we are 2-0 at this time next week I would bet large money on 7-0 being the start. At that point even OSU wouldn't be a shocker. Glad we are just fans and can get ahead of ourselves. If these guys stay focused go to work and really stay dialed in there doesn't have to be a cieling for this team.

Someone wrote this week here on the Board that all DR had to do was "Not Suck". Is that all Husker Nation needed all these years is a Qb that did not suck? I thought the team played with confidence. Boy! was it fun watching the kids play, today. GBR!!! (Can't wait to get to Lincoln next week)
70% completion rate, 2 TDs, 200+ yards, one dropped TD pass with several throw aways in a little over a half of play. Definitely didn’t suck.

Have we signed Dayton yet?
I’m thinking Dayton’s offer has conditions, tbh. Maybe it turns into a NIL deal, who knows, but they seem higher on the Clayton kid from FL. Maybe a growth spurt is coming, but he’s lacking Dylan’s measurables. Plus IF Lateef signs, does he want to be a 3yr backup??

I’m thinking Dayton’s offer has conditions, tbh. Maybe it turns into a NIL deal, who knows, but they seem higher on the Clayton kid from FL. Maybe a growth spurt is coming, but he’s lacking Dylan’s measurables. Plus IF Lateef signs, does he want to be a 3yr backup??
I'm thinking I'd be real comfortable with a Raiola at QB for the next 6 years.

Dayton doesn't have the unmeasurable of Dylan. He also lacks the Measurables. His life goals post high school will determine his choices. He is welcome regardless amd would be given a scholarship if he wants a degree. Be that as a token of appreciation or because he brings something to the football table? IDK.

@Laner2 I was thinking of your brother yesterday
You and me both. He was crushed after so many years of disappointment that he partially gave up on NU football. But as my wife and I were watching the game yesterday we both thought of him and how happy he would have been. Fun fact, my brother used to hang around with Jerry Murtaugh around Miller Park and Carter Lake. The stories I could tell......

Really important to have played so many players on Saturday. It is always important, of course, to get your backups meaningful reps. But it is really important when you have a starting roster loaded with seniors. We have a lot of players to replace next year.

Reactions: headcard
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT