ADVERTISEMENT

Next year (something else to think about other than the present)

artguy68

Junior
Nov 3, 2008
Leaving out the debate about the return of Frost...

Do AMart, Allen, and Cam return? I'd guess no to all, unless NIL money keeps AM around one last time.

Do players like Sichterman, Hixson, Bando, Vokolek, Manning, Oliver Martin, Daniels, Riley, Deontre Thomas, and Damian Jackson really come back for a 6th year of college ball? All are redshirt juniors with a free COVID year.

Outside of the above, we lose only one skill player in Toure, none of the OL, but lose key parts of the defense (Stille, Domann, Dismuke, and Williams).

This means, potentially, this is our depth this year.

QB: Smothers, Haaberg, Torres (plus you'd have to assume a transfer)
RB: Rahmir, Sevion, Gabe, Markese
WR: Betts, Liewer, Brown, Nixon, Belt, and a bunch of others we haven't seen
TE: Fidone, Chancellor, Hickman
OL: Cochran, Piper, Jurgens, Bando, Benhart, Teddy, Nouli

DL: Robinson, Rogers (plus a transfer)
LB: Reimers, Nelson, Payne, Henrich, Tannor, Gifford, Snodgrass, Butler, Eteva
CB: Newsom, Clark, Johnson, Buford
S: Noa, Farmer (plus a transfer)

To me, the defense looks like it would still be solid, especially at LB, the OL would be experienced, but we would be uninspiring in the QB and skill positions. I also suspect players like Alante Brown, Will Nixon, and one or two RBs will be transferring. Keeping a few 6th year players would be nice.

The fact we lose no O-linemen was the most frightening part of your post. Trev needs to keep that stuff in mind, as well as the recruiting class, when deciding to fish or cut bait with Frost.

I think almost all those guys are back. Only guys that would leave would be guys with a chance to get drafted early. Look at JoJo, Stille, Willams coming back this year. Most of those players are that caliber.

Offense:
QB: AM, Smoothers, HH
RB: Johnson, Stepp, Morrison
WR (X): Manning, Wyatt L, Nevill
WR (Z): Betts, Brown, Hardy
WR (R): Martin, Nixon, Grimes
TE: Allen, Volecheck, Fidone
LT: Corcoran, Teddy P,
LG: Piper, Bando,
C: Jurgens, Hixon,
RG: Nouili, Schitterman, Luto
RT: Benhart, Banks

Defense:
DE: Thomas, Newsome, Black
NT: Daniels, Riley, Nash H
DE: Robinson, Rodgers, Weaver
OLB: Nelson, Payne
ILB: Heinrich, Kolarevic, Wyden H
ILB: Reimer, Snodgrass, EMC
OLB: Tannor, Butler
CB: CTB, Johnson, Buford
S: Farmer, Pola-Gates
S: Gifford, Bretz
CB: Newsome, Clark, Lynum

Reactions: artguy68
The fact we lose no O-linemen was the most frightening part of your post. Trev needs to keep that stuff in mind, as well as the recruiting class, when deciding to fish or cut bait with Frost.

No better time than now to get rid of the fraud. Very small class, and a dismal one at that.

I think almost all those guys are back. Only guys that would leave would be guys with a chance to get drafted early. Look at JoJo, Stille, Willams coming back this year. Most of those players are that caliber.

Offense:
QB: AM, Smoothers, HH
RB: Johnson, Stepp, Morrison
WR (X): Manning, Wyatt L, Nevill
WR (Z): Betts, Brown, Hardy
WR (R): Martin, Nixon, Grimes
TE: Allen, Volecheck, Fidone
LT: Corcoran, Teddy P,
LG: Piper, Bando,
C: Jurgens, Hixon,
RG: Nouili, Schitterman, Luto
RT: Benhart, Banks

Defense:
DE: Thomas, Newsome, Black
NT: Daniels, Riley, Nash H
DE: Robinson, Rodgers, Weaver
OLB: Nelson, Payne
ILB: Heinrich, Kolarevic, Wyden H
ILB: Reimer, Snodgrass, EMC
OLB: Tannor, Butler
CB: CTB, Johnson, Buford
S: Farmer, Pola-Gates
S: Gifford, Bretz
CB: Newsome, Clark, Lynum
Do you really think AM comes back? Allen will get NFL interest, I am sure. Manning... with all his issues, I feel he won't be back.

Why would Manning be 6 years?
Not just at Nebraska. He is a RS Jr, which means 3 years of playing (2 at Kilgore, 1 at NU, last year) 1 redshirt year at TCU, and 1 free COVID year this year. That means next year would be his 6th.

Do you really think AM comes back? Allen will get NFL interest, I am sure. Manning... with all his issues, I feel he won't be back.
What issues would keep Manning from coming back? He's made it this long.

What issues would keep Manning from coming back? He's made it this long.
Don’t forget the thread from this summer where everyone was just absolutely sure he’d never play another down at Nebraska. Most of what gets said here is pulled straight out of someone’s ass.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT