ADVERTISEMENT

New pitching rotation?

TheHuskeRed

Sophomore
Dec 9, 2006
Anyone have an idea who our 3 starters for the next series? Obviously Alvarado and Warren, but then who? I would seriously think about returning Hohensee to the starting lineup and find another solution for the closer role. Wont need a closer if we're always trailing!

Anyone have an idea who our 3 starters for the next series? Obviously Alvarado and Warren, but then who? I would seriously think about returning Hohensee to the starting lineup and find another solution for the closer role. Wont need a closer if we're always trailing!
Maybe Matt Waldron or Engelken?

Hohensee won't start again because that is a choice he made and Ertsad will respect it. His best chance of getting drafted is as a short relief pitcher and/or closer so that is where he will stay. If McSteen can't pitch then you will most likely see Fisher (lefty) or possibly Tollitson since he has pitched decently well. I wouldn't be shocked to see Matt Waldron get a chance either. Hard to say what the plan for Engelken is because he hasn't played in a awhile.

Reactions: saluno22
Hoping that Engelken can win the spot b/c I really like his stuff and winning the role would mean he's gathered in his command of the plate.

Can probably say about the same for Tillotson. I just want someone with good skills to solve the problems which have kept them out of the starter role and those two are likely candidates for just that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT