ADVERTISEMENT

New pitching rotation?

TheHuskeRed

Sophomore
Dec 9, 2006
Anyone have an idea who our 3 starters for the next series? Obviously Alvarado and Warren, but then who? I would seriously think about returning Hohensee to the starting lineup and find another solution for the closer role. Wont need a closer if we're always trailing!

Anyone have an idea who our 3 starters for the next series? Obviously Alvarado and Warren, but then who? I would seriously think about returning Hohensee to the starting lineup and find another solution for the closer role. Wont need a closer if we're always trailing!
Maybe Matt Waldron or Engelken?

Hohensee won't start again because that is a choice he made and Ertsad will respect it. His best chance of getting drafted is as a short relief pitcher and/or closer so that is where he will stay. If McSteen can't pitch then you will most likely see Fisher (lefty) or possibly Tollitson since he has pitched decently well. I wouldn't be shocked to see Matt Waldron get a chance either. Hard to say what the plan for Engelken is because he hasn't played in a awhile.

Reactions: saluno22
Hoping that Engelken can win the spot b/c I really like his stuff and winning the role would mean he's gathered in his command of the plate.

Can probably say about the same for Tillotson. I just want someone with good skills to solve the problems which have kept them out of the starter role and those two are likely candidates for just that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT