ADVERTISEMENT

New OL Portal targets

Fargo Husker

Assistant Head Coach
Jun 11, 2016
We now have confirmation that Nebraska is out of the running for Tre'Mond Shorts. I'm guessing the coaching staff could have learned about this yesterday, as Chinander started following 3 new OL transfers:

Tommy Brown - Alabama (RS Jr): Has seen mop up duty in some games over the past few years, with only 1 start on his resume against New Mexico St this season

Tyler Steen - Vanderbilt (Sr): Starting RT his sophomore year and starting LT the past 2 seasons

Brian Greene - Washington State (RS Sr): starting center the past 2 seasons for the Cougars

Personally, I'd love for us to make a big push to get Greene here. Having a reliable option to shore up the center position next season would be a huge boost to the OL and the offense overall. I'd also be more than happy to have Steen on board as well. I realize it's at Vandy, but you won't find many guys in the portal with 3 years starting experience in the SEC.

I get the feeling the staff wants another transfer for the OL. It'll be interesting to see if they push heavy for someone now so they can be here for winter conditioning/Spring ball, or if they bide their time and wait until March or April to fill that spot.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News