ADVERTISEMENT

NEW LOI THREAD

huskerfan1414

Defensive Coordinator
Oct 25, 2014
Since the other one was hijacked with stupid Iowa talk, let's breakdown what has happened and what has yet to happen in this thread so we don't have to search all over.

Picked Nebraska today:
RB Maurice Washington 4*
OLB Caleb Tannor 4*
DB Cam Taylor 3* or 4* depending on service
OL Willie Canty 3*
WR Andre Hunt 3*

Missed out today:
JJB OSU
Montgomery Maryland
Ogannaiekajdjfla UCLA
Bell ASU
Palmer NC State

Last edited:
Since the other one was hijacked with stupid Iowa talk, let's breakdown what has happened and what has yet to happen in this thread so we don't have to search all over.

Picked Nebraska today:
OLB Caleb Tannor 4*
DB Cam Taylor 4*
OL Willie Canty 3*

Missed out today:
JJB OSU
Montgomery Maryland
Ogannaiekajdjfla UCLA

Yet to pick:
Palmer 1:30 (Not likely)
Washington 1:45-2:00 (half and half)
Hunt 3:00 (chance)
Bell 3:00 (not likely)
I don't think the kid who went to UCLA was much of a loss but that's just me. Tannor was a great get and Taylor may end up being the best player in this class. Bell would fill a need.

I don't think the kid who went to UCLA was much of a loss but that's just me. Tannor was a great get and Taylor may end up being the best player in this class. Bell would fill a need.
I agree that the UCLA DT wasn't our biggest need but we still obviously wanted him if he had an offer and it's too bad he went elsewhere.

If we get Washington and Bell it would be amazing.
I think we only have a real shot with Washington, however.

Reactions: cvogele29
I would say we have a better than 50/50 chance with Washington. His CB has been trending steadily towards Nebraska for a while. Washington would be one of the showcase recruits of the class, too. He's a big deal.

If we land Washington and Hunt, I'll be a very happy camper. Anything else is just extra, and honestly, we aren't likely to land Bell and Palmer anyway.

I agree that the UCLA DT wasn't our biggest need but we still obviously wanted him if he had an offer and it's too bad he went elsewhere.

If we get Washington and Bell it would be amazing.
I think we only have a real shot with Washington, however.
I think the potential is there for NU to be able to "build" DTs from walk ons who might end up being better than the UCLA DT we missed on.

I would say we have a better than 50/50 chance with Washington. His CB has been trending steadily towards Nebraska for a while. Washington would be one of the showcase recruits of the class, too. He's a big deal.

If we land Washington and Hunt, I'll be a very happy camper. Anything else is just extra, and honestly, we aren't likely to land Bell and Palmer anyway.
I hope you're right. There's just something about it.

Picked Nebraska today:
OLB Caleb Tannor 4*
DB Cam Taylor 4*
OL Willie Canty 3*

200.gif

I think we land 2 more: Washington and Hunt.

Gets us to 24. Would still be happy to get Bell, even with the tone of the board towards him.

Reactions: davecisar
What the heck is going on down in Georgia? They just added 2 more 5-stars and 2 more 4-stars out of nowhere today. Their recruiting class is unreal. Has to be something shady going on.

I dunno. They have a top young coach and played in the NC this year.

True, but they had a monster class last year too after an 8-5 season. This smells like another Ole Miss situation to me. Alabama's had a dynasty the last decade and never pulled in 8 5-star players in a recruiting class.

Reactions: davecisar
What the heck is going on down in Georgia? They just added 2 more 5-stars and 2 more 4-stars out of nowhere today. Their recruiting class is unreal. Has to be something shady going on.
Smart learned from the best at shady deals.....

I think we don't take him since we got Canty.

z8VXxUd.png
Supposedly Frost told Sarbaugh that we're full. We heard that we could take as many as 27 so did that mean we were full with JJB or without JJB and who else gets us to 27 then? Can Sarbaugh get out of his LOI with Iowa Western if JJB signing with OSU opened up a spot?

Reactions: TwinsRRUs

That class is unreal. How does it compare historically? Got to be close to the best ever.

Smart learned from the best at shady deals.....

I was told by several prominent High School coaches in Florida that they didnt think Bama had to cheat anymore to get top talent. They were aware of several other SEC schools that did pay. They didnt think that Mark Richt cheated either. We all saw what happened to Auburn, Miss, Miss State etc Doubtful Arkansas or Vandy Cheats

HOWEVER- it seems some of the most prolific cheaters of all time in College- came right from the coaching Tree of Bear Bryant (convicted serial cheater) - so cheating does seem to be a learned behaivor- Pat Dye, Gene Stallings, Jackie Sherrill and many more etc So who knows? I certainly dont

Supposedly Frost told Sarbaugh that we're full. We heard that we could take as many as 27 so did that mean we were full with JJB or without JJB and who else gets us to 27 then? Can Sarbaugh get out of his LOI with Iowa Western if JJB signing with OSU opened up a spot?

Sarbaugh will only be at IWCC for one semester. I think we'll sign him in December and he'll be here next spring. We're just a little tight on spots right now. But with Ozigbo and Wilbon graduating next year, we should have room then.

Last edited:
Reactions: dinglefritz

Georgia has always recruited well but Richt could never truly get them over the hump. Kirby's taken Georgia to the next level both in recruiting and especially on the field. Early success plus with a coach who will be there long term makes it a very attractive place.

Also money.

Maurice Washington is wearing an ASU jacket. Unless he's about to troll Herm Edwards, that's not a good sign.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT