ADVERTISEMENT

Negative thought thread…

We should split the remaining games at minimum

The fact we are underdogs this week against a team in year 1 of their coach’s tenure after they spent the last 100 years as the worst program in the country is hilarious to me

If we lose this week Rhule should hear about it, loudly

From a negative perspective, I think the rest of the conference is beatable.

With Oregon beating Ohio State, I can't see a situation where we can't beat anybody and everybody in this conference on a given day.

Yes, maybe my 23 ounce Busch Light is flowing over too much, but it is a new day in college football. Just don't beat yourself.

Laughed at the 23oz Busch Light reference lol.

Holla

Reactions: StoneTempleHusker
Why? They had a bye week. They will work on things. It will al be good. You do belong in a negative thread. Dr will be fine. Fans always have to find something
To be fair, both teams had a week off, both worked on "things" and they think things will be good as well. DR is a true freshman QB in B10 football.

UCLA might be the worst team in the conf.
UCLA could have finished off Minnesota if they could have gotten a first down to burn the clock out. My thoughts about UCLA have changed it won’t be exactly a stroll in the park. We should win but can’t just show up and have it happen.

… I’m legit worried we won’t get bowl eligible… calm my fears, please
rock-bottom-photo-u2

We have a legit D and O who can get it done. If the O can get it together for a full game instead of a half at a time we can play with anyone.

8 wins are coming our way - we got a squad.

Reactions: Rick.Shaw

The fact we are underdogs this week against a team in year 1 of their coach’s tenure after they spent the last 100 years as the worst program in the country is hilarious to me

Indiana basically just hired the entire James Madison staff. Their head coach and both coordinators have never coached at even the coordinator level in a power conf . Fair or not if Rhule and co lose this one the knives will be out

… I’m legit worried we won’t get bowl eligible… calm my fears, please
That's my biggest negative thought as well. Going 0-6 to end the season. Ugh. I'm trying to stay positive.

I think the off week benefits DR and he's able to breathe and regroup. I hope that leads to a win next Saturday and we get the no-bowl monkey off our back. That would be a huge weight off the team, imo. Any further wins past Saturday would be frosting on the cake.

Reactions: Zeke2005
Legit concern can this team win next Saturday??
Rhule is collecting the 2nd highest paycheck in the big ten and is going against the James Madison staff in their first year at Indiana who only won a single game against a power conf opponent last year.
We should win this game

Rhule is collecting the 2nd highest paycheck in the big ten and is going against the James Madison staff in their first year at Indiana who only won a single game against a power conf opponent last year.
We should win this game
Thinly veiled troll post.

Reactions: headcard
With the exception of tOSU, every game on the schedule is winnable or losable. It was a weird way to say it, but one of the guys on D said they just decided that they didn't care and just went out and played. The running game from the RBs has to level up. I thought Rahmir had the hot hand last game, and maybe Satt should ride the hot hand a bit more. If the RBs can merit a bit more attention, that makes the sweep plays to Barney more dangerous and should leave a WR open more often. There were holes that should have been taken advantage of, and that is not on the Oline. In terms of defense, getting Tommi and Javin back is a big deal with Indiana looming. Wright's coverage skills give White personnel combinations that he didn't have earlier in the season. And Ceyair Wright turned out to be a steal from the portal.

Reactions: RBigredMax
It’s hard not to think the worst until proven otherwise. Whether we win or lose on Saturday, this season will change the narrative. Rather it happen sooner than later though.

Reactions: SickOfPractice

Last 100 years? Nah, we have been worse than them in the last several years.

With the exception of tOSU, every game on the schedule is winnable or losable. It was a weird way to say it, but one of the guys on D said they just decided that they didn't care and just went out and played. The running game from the RBs has to level up. I thought Rahmir had the hot hand last game, and maybe Satt should ride the hot hand a bit more. If the RBs can merit a bit more attention, that makes the sweep plays to Barney more dangerous and should leave a WR open more often. There were holes that should have been taken advantage of, and that is not on the Oline. In terms of defense, getting Tommi and Javin back is a big deal with Indiana looming. Wright's coverage skills give White personnel combinations that he didn't have earlier in the season. And Ceyair Wright turned out to be a steal from the portal.
Rahmir should never play as long as EJ is healthy. One of the reasons being is that he can't take advantage of those holes.

Amen!

Indiana is a bad team and NU should treat them like they did CU.

Reactions: TampaBaySkers

joel mchale pitchfork GIF by NETFLIX

• Haha
Reactions: Antwill
Amen!

Indiana is a bad team and NU should treat them like they did CU.

Jeez man. Don’t encourage his trolling.

But I do agree with the CU comp. Similar offense, team full of Sr transfers, and guys the HC brought with him. If our defense shows up like they did against CU, we will be OK.

Jeez man. Don’t encourage his trolling.

But I do agree with the CU comp. Similar offense, team full of Sr transfers, and guys the HC brought with him. If our defense shows up like they did against CU, we will be OK.
Ha...Look, when we joined this horrible conference we laughed at 90% of the teams...

Indiana is a joke.

Reactions: king_kong_
Legit concern can this team win next Saturday??
Yes. However, remember when Nebraska's shitty offensive production after the Rutgers and Illinois game was excused by many homer fans because they both had a "solid D" ? Well this weekend I watched Illinois and Rutgers play their solid d's against two horrible offensive teams. That's all I needed to see in advance of this game. So I would say that of course the have a chance against an unproven Indiana team.
Will they win? I don't think they will unfortunately. Unless Satt pulls his head out of his ass, we could be in for a real bumpy ride the last 6 games.

Yes. However, remember when Nebraska's shitty offensive production after the Rutgers and Illinois game was excused by many homer fans because they both had a "solid D" ? Well this weekend I watched Illinois and Rutgers play their solid d's against two horrible offensive teams. That's all I needed to see in advance of this game. So I would say that of course the have a chance against an unproven Indiana team.
Will they win? I don't think they will unfortunately. Unless Satt pulls his head out of his ass, we could be in for a real bumpy ride the last 6 games.
I think the thing to remember is that most of the Big Ten teams are basically 100 seasons of .500 FB with nothing to show for it.

So, while they will have a good game or two, they will also end up totally falling apart.

NU is still a HUGE game for these dorky teams. They get so geeked up for it.

Indiana basically just hired the entire James Madison staff. Their head coach and both coordinators have never coached at even the coordinator level in a power conf . Fair or not if Rhule and co lose this one the knives will be out
I don't know. I think Indiana has been pretty salty this year. They will be favored.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT