ADVERTISEMENT

Nebrasketball

On the recruiting front, sounds like that Omaha Bryan kid who transferred to Branson, Mo. for Lord knows why, committed to Ohio State. So that was disappointing. But as for this year's team, I'm hoping Gary and Bryce Williams are healthy are ready to go. Sounds like the newcomers have looked good-- at least in practice anyway. And we've got some point guards this year so that is always a plus!

Really excited to watch western Montana’s own Rollie Worster operate the offense

Not so sure about that. I would say there's a lot of depth at the combo guard spot, and we need to hope at least one of them can effectively run the point.

Not down on any of those guys - I just don't really see them as PGs.
Duly noted. Personally I am no fan of that Ulis, but that is mostly due to him being from Iowa, only averaging 4 points per game, and leaving school after he was suspended. I don't see him becoming more than a depth piece, but we shall see.

Duly noted. Personally I am no fan of that Ulis, but that is mostly due to him being from Iowa, only averaging 4 points per game, and leaving school after he was suspended. I don't see him becoming more than a depth piece, but we shall see.
He’s not the perfect point guard but his quickness and athleticism will help in many matchups throughout the season. Others he may be sharing minutes with could be challenged when trying to defend opposing guards in the open court. It will at least give Fred some options.

Reactions: Dean Pope
The transfers all seemed to fill in the holes that were lost due to graduation. A big concern for me is how well, and how fast, the new players gel and play together. That could be the biggest factor in the success of the season. Ninja was a huge catalyst as far as culture, camaraderie, and all the intangibles needed to be a 22-10 type of team compared to a 16-16 type of team. Hoiberg seemed to navigate that successfully last year. I also think the assistant coaches are a big step up from what we have had in the past in terms of game preparation and strategy.

I have hope for back-to-back seasons making the NCAAs.

Here's hoping both the men AND women's teams give us reasons to follow them this year.

For the women I'm looking forward to Natalie Potts sophomore season. I thought she was a smooth player last year as a Frosh. I also will be curious to see if Britt Prince's game is good enough for the B1G.

Big Ten will be fun this year. Oregon and USC usually play a bit more wide open offense. UCLA will try to grind teams into the dirt. Washington will probably blow.

Woodson at Indiana is getting canned this season if they don't make a run but he still hates 3 point shooters.

PU has another giant but there is no way he will have the numbers of their last giant.

Izzo MIGHT be close to retiring, I think seeing Wright and The UVA coach retire, he might also be over it.

On the recruiting front, sounds like that Omaha Bryan kid who transferred to Branson, Mo. for Lord knows why, committed to Ohio State. So that was disappointing.
From my understanding....A'mare Bynum transferred to the prep school in Missouri for NIL, he was able to make money as a high school senior player there. Missouri recently passed a law allowing high school kids to make NIL money. Another player from Nebraska was offered $500/game to play on their JV team, but declined. NIL is turning everyone crazy....

We have a 7'1" Center who doesn't like to shoot. Yesterday, unless it was a dunk opportunity he primarily looked to pass as soon as he caught it. The Turkey kid looks pretty good. I like the point guard play and it will be interesting to see how he does playing full minutes.

• Wow
Reactions: scarletred
Shooting looks to be an issue unless they heat up as the season starts. Williams will have a really good year.

Didn’t watch, but it’s too long of a season ahead to judge on a scrimmage game..
Totally agree, it's just been an issue for the scrimmage and the exhibition. It'll look better based on the rotational decisions that haven't been made yet (ie guys that make shots will play more, others won't).

Shooting looks to be an issue unless they heat up as the season starts. Williams will have a really good year.
Our 3 pt. shooting percentage as a team may actually be reasonable this year if all the players are taking high quality, open, squared up attempts on kick outs or coming off decent screens. We have enough guys on the floor who are capable of making threes but only if they are not forced. No one on this roster should be attempting threes by trying to create them on their own.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT