Ferragamo
Berringer or Claridge
Taylor

1. Tommy Frazier
2. Eric Crouch
3. Scott Frost
4. Brook Berringer
5. Turner Gill
LIke your list BUT you HAVE to add Jerry Tagge. The guy won titles and played in the NFL for years. Ferragamo and Humm should also receive some mention.

LIke your list BUT you HAVE to add Jerry Tagge. The guy won titles and played in the NFL for years. Ferragamo and Humm should also receive some mention.

Just narrowed to my Top 5. No doubt they are money, but I feel the guys listed are the best. Tagge and the others are before my time, and I've only seen film.

Reactions: ExxHusker
Frazier
Gill
Tagge
Crouch
Ferragamo
Frosty
Gdowski
Martinez
Taylor
Berringer

In a lot of ways this is like the running back poll. Nearly everyone has the top 2 of Frazier/Gill and LP/Rozier. However, the number one at qb is pretty solid with Frazier in that spot.

Frazier
Gill
Tagge
Crouch
Frost
Taylor
Humm
Ferragamo
Berringer or Claridge
Taylor

Good list. The top six are probably pretty clear cut. Then the logjam begins. Dennis Claridge, Gerry Gedowski, and David Humm all could be argued along with the ones i listed. Damn good quarterbacks in all.

1. Tommy Frazier
2. Turner Gill
3. Jerry Tagge
4. Eric Crouch
5. Scott Frost
6. Steve Taylor
7. Vince Ferragamo
8. Craig Sundberg
9. Zac Taylor
10. Jeff Quinn & Brook Berringer
Top 5:
1. Frazier
2. Tagge
3. Frost
4. Crouch
5. Humm

Frazier
Gill
Crouch
Tagge
Frost
Steve Taylor

Gdowski
Ferragamo
Zach Taylor
Berringer
Martinez
Lord

Carl Crawford, Bubba Starling ;)

Reactions: red rover 70
1. Tommy Frazier
2. Turner Gill
3. Jerry Tagge
4. Eric Crouch
5. Scott Frost
6. Steve Taylor
7. Vince Ferragamo
8. Craig Sundberg
9. Zac Taylor
10. Jeff Quinn & Brook Berringer
Just can't do Steve Taylor. He got so antsy in big games. I'd take Gdowski over him, maybe even Keithen McCant.

Reactions: grayhairedfreak

Jerry Tagge belongs on the list, but I don't think talking about his NFL career is the way to sell his case (career 17 interceptions and 3 touchdowns thrown)

Never a Steve Taylor fan, seems like if Taylor Martinez gets criticism for coming up small in big games then Steve Taylor deserves at least that much. Couple of the biggest games we won while he was here, it was all the Blackshirts holding the other team to single digit points. IMO.

Fraizer
Gill
Frost
Crouch
Tagge
It is interesting that each of these guys played in national championships games.

Do we remember them as great because of the teams they led or were the teams great because of them? In any case this amplifies how crucial a great QB is to championship dreams.

I'm not just putting Tagge on the list to support my point. He was clutch.

Jerry Tagge belongs on the list, but I don't think talking about his NFL career is the way to sell his case (career 17 interceptions and 3 touchdowns thrown)

Never a Steve Taylor fan, seems like if Taylor Martinez gets criticism for coming up small in big games then Steve Taylor deserves at least that much. Couple of the biggest games we won while he was here, it was all the Blackshirts holding the other team to single digit points. IMO.

Steve Taylor has a bowl win and conference title as the starting quarterback.

Steve Taylor has a bowl win and conference title as the starting quarterback.

Yes, a conference title in 1988. A year in which in our 3d to last game we beat Colorado 7-0, then beat Oklahoma 7-3, then lost to Miami 23-3. Not convinced that Taylor deserves a lot of credit for that conference title, when we scored 17 points in our last 3 games.

Frazier
Gill
Crouch
Frost
S. Taylor
Gdowski
Ferrigamo
Z. Taylor
Berringer
McCants

I know Tagge was one of the best- he was just a little before my time so I didn't rate him

I'm surprised Zach Taylor gets as much love as he does. He was was a pretty good QB for us but didn't win anything of significance and is from the dark era of Husker football.

I think he was the B12 offensive player of the year, but I'd be interested to see what kind of production he had vs Ganz, who I don't anyone would put near a top 10 list.

I note that Berringer is in most of the lists. It would have been interesting to see him for a couple of years without Frazier ahead of him. I don't know that I've seen anyone that could disguise the handoff like him. I rarely could tell if he had the ball or had given it to the back.

I'm surprised Zach Taylor gets as much love as he does. He was was a pretty good QB for us but didn't win anything of significance and is from the dark era of Husker football.

I think he was the B12 offensive player of the year, but I'd be interested to see what kind of production he had vs Ganz, who I don't anyone would put near a top 10 list.

I agree about the Zac Taylor love and your quote above, but I also don't get the Ganz love either. Jmo, but neither of those should be near the top. I'm glad we are backing to talking football and nebraska again vs. OT city.

Yes, a conference title in 1988. A year in which in our 3d to last game we beat Colorado 7-0, then beat Oklahoma 7-3, then lost to Miami 23-3. Not convinced that Taylor deserves a lot of credit for that conference title, when we scored 17 points in our last 3 games.
I was at that OU game in Norman. Horrible, brutal weather, and Charles Thompson's leg was broken at the end of the game, right in front of me. We'd made our way onto the sideline to get out on the field at the final gun. Apparently the leg healed fast enough for him to be displayed in handcuffs a few months later on the SI cover. If I recall correctly, that was the first game Osborne's Nebraska really tinkered with a 4-3 defense.

The record book says TMart has to be Top 10 - dude got production if nothing else and gall darn he could run fast in a straight line

1.Gill
2.Frazier
3.Crouch
4.Tagge
5. Steve Taylor
6. Gdowski
7. Frost
8. Humm
9. Berringer
10. McCant

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts