ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska-Michigan Prediction Thread

maplesyrup95

Junior
Nov 26, 2014
Here we go. Harbaugh’s #2 Wolverines coming to Lincoln for a 2:30 midday kick.

I’ve shifted from good feelings to bad feelings about this one. I like our defense keeping us in the game, but I have a hunch that the Michigan DL is going to push around our OL. Hope I’m wrong.

With the -18 Michigan spread and O/U of 42.5, I’ll take the under.

Michigan 27
Nebraska 13

Reactions: BigRedTed
Honestly I don't see us being able to do much offensively. Defense keeps it close but it feels like a lot bigger deficit when your offense can't move the ball.

Michigan 20
Nebraska 3

I’ve shifted from good feelings to bad feelings about this one. I like our defense keeping us in the game, but I have a hunch that the Michigan DL is going to push around our OL. Hope I’m wrong.

Michigan 27
Nebraska 13
I have the totals at 39 now, on my site.

Reactions: maplesyrup95
Michigan - 34
Nebraska - 7

Huskers keep it close until the middle of the 3rd and then just wear down. Hope I'm very wrong.
I think this is very right.

For the wolfs this is just a game where they want to get in and get out. Keep the clock running, there is not a lot of fear about going against NU's offense. Come in, get a 14 point lead and then just salt it away.

Reactions: JOHNNY N

Michigan 27
Nebraska 13
31-7 Wolverines

31-10 them
HH gets hurt and Simms come in and continues his old ways

We aren't playing the all-time NFL all-stars and they haven't played anyone. Honestly, if we had played that schedule how much different would those scores be? Suddenly, w/o explanation they've become unbeatable.
My expectation isn't for some complete collapse but yet another dumb move when opportunity presents itself. We are the Gilligan of college football.
But, the injuries we've had have been epic offensively so I get the head hanging.

has anyone ever been more "due" than us?

finally seems like we've got some things going for us

I'm not sure what to think, but I am very excited to find out

This would be very on brand, given the fact that our first 4 games finished 30-3, 35-7, 31-6, and 31-7.
Bro, how mad are the wolf fans that it appears JH is once again sniffing around the NFL? You guys sort of used to it and just realize it is only a matter of time until he bolts?

Bro, how mad are the wolf fans that it appears JH is once again sniffing around the NFL? You guys sort of used to it and just realize it is only a matter of time until he bolts?
I think most of us are just sort of used to it. I love Harbaugh but he does come with his fair share of what we will politely call "quirks." He's a super weirdo. Fundamentally actually a very good person, but often bizarre. The NFL thing is something you just have to accept as part of the package. And I'm not sure he ever will actually leave Michigan - he's very happy there, his family is happy there, he has a great thing going and knows it. But that won't stop him from entertaining offers, even if he isn't legitimately interested, because . . . . Harbaugh.

I think most of us are just sort of used to it. I love Harbaugh but he does come with his fair share of what we will politely call "quirks." He's a super weirdo. Fundamentally actually a very good person, but often bizarre. The NFL thing is something you just have to accept as part of the package. And I'm not sure he ever will actually leave Michigan - he's very happy there, his family is happy there, he has a great thing going and knows it. But that won't stop him from entertaining offers, even if he isn't legitimately interested, because . . . . Harbaugh.
Harbaugh won’t go to the nfl

He was laughed out of the league and openly mocked by his players on the way out

His bullshit doesn’t fly with grown men

Harbaugh won’t go to the nfl

He was laughed out of the league and openly mocked by his players on the way out

His bullshit doesn’t fly with grown men
Well, I mean it kind of does. He went to three straight NFC Championship Games and a Super Bowl in the four years he was a head coach in the NFL. I don't recall him being "laughed out of the league." The way I remember it he fell out of favor with San Francisco ownership/management and was forced out so they could bring in Jim Tomsula to go 5-11, setting off five consecutive losing seasons. He took over a team that had a string of losing seasons, immediately made them a playoff contender, and then saw them revert to losing again as soon as he left. I don't know what they would have been laughing about.

Reactions: Bruce1981
Well, I mean it kind of does. He went to three straight NFC Championship Games and a Super Bowl in the four years he was a head coach in the NFL. I don't recall him being "laughed out of the league." The way I remember it he fell out of favor with San Francisco ownership/management and was forced out so they could bring in Jim Tomsula to go 5-11, setting off five consecutive losing seasons. He took over a team that had a string of losing seasons, immediately made them a playoff contender, and then saw them revert to losing again as soon as he left. I don't know what they would have been laughing about.
couldn't beat his big brother, the better coach.

just a few examples below. there were so many he had to publicly address it. he had to beg the vikings to "interview" him last year & was laughed out of that building, too.

he'll never go back to the NFL.

Michigan - 30
Nebraska - 3

I think we'll struggle to move the ball past the 50 unless MU makes a few mistakes. Hope I'm wrong but this offense is not ready for this type of opponent.

Reactions: ivan brunetti
Michigan squeaks it out with a TD on the last play of the game from the 25 yard line. During that final drive, they convert two 3rd & 15's. We miss 3 extra point kicks.

Michigan 20
Nebraska 18

Realistic prediction:
Michigan 24
Nebraska 14

Have to admit. I feel like this is a top 5 team we can beat if we play sound football. Our offensive line + fullback blocking will be critical to have any hope of pulling off the upset. I also think we need to score from outside the red zone to win. I don't like our chances of scoring touchdowns against this defense once we get inside the 10.

31-10 Michigan. I could maybe see a 3-10 point game at the break. The Wolverines will flex their muscles in the 2nd half though.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT