ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska Kickers

Heck even more recently Timmy Bleekrode in 2022 was at least a good kicker. We sure could use that type of performance. He missed 3 FG all year. Now we miss up to 3 a game.

Kris Brown and Alex Henry were okay.

Overlooked sometimes is the grad student transfer who played for us one season. Had a walk off FG at Penn St and had a pretty good season overall

Pat Smith, Bret Maher, Jordan Congdon, Drew Brown, Barrett Pickering, Connor Culp, Alex Henery, Tommy Bleekrode... all above 70% in their career for DONU since 2000.

Pat Smith, Bret Maher, Jordan Congdon, Drew Brown, Barrett Pickering, Connor Culp, Alex Henery, Tommy Bleekrode... all above 70% in their career for DONU since 2000.
Pretty darn good list, although I'd remove Congdon, who got to the point that Callahan wouldn't let him attempt a 40 yarder in the Cotton Bowl (and we passed on Greg Zuerlien to take him).

Pickering's field goals in the snow to beat MSU were pure balls. Underrated clutch kid

Reactions: king_kong_
Paul Rodgers would be my first hero kicker back in 1968..
Love Rodgers! I started kicking the same year he was an NU senior. Wore #30 because he did.

Honorable mention: Rich Sanger, just because his nickname was Boo-Boo. And don't forget Mike Coyle from Prep, whose kicks won us a Sugar Bowl

And my old friend, the late Dean Sukup, with two game winners in 1979

Reactions: itseasyas1-2-3
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT