ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska / Illinois

It is one thing to lose to supposedly inferior teams. It is another to get blown out game after game by supposedly inferior teams with no apparent game plan or real desire to be there. We are in Riley territory, and it appears that Miles is desiring to ride this bomb all the way into the ground.

It is one thing to lose to supposedly inferior teams. It is another to get blown out game after game by supposedly inferior teams with no apparent game plan or real desire to be there. We are in Riley territory, and it appears that Miles is desiring to ride this bomb all the way into the ground.

Lol, “supposedly inferior teams”? This Illinois team is 6-15 on the year, they are definitely inferior. Though we are making them look much better than they are

Reactions: huskerfan1414
They're not inferior. Illinois has a legit big and some guys who can hit shots. We don't.

Watch the game. They're better than us.
You make it seem like they have more talent than we do when you say it though, like its on the players. You still make excuses for miles, its sick.
If we had a halfway competant coach we would be up 10 on these clowns.
This is on Miles pure and simple.

Reactions: TheNewNU
You make it seem like they have more talent than we do when you day it though. You still make excuses for miles, its sick.

Nope they have a better Head Coach than we do

You make it seem like they have more talent than we do when you day it though. You still make excuses for miles, its sick.
I'm frustrated with what I've seen from Miles this past month especially as well but LOOK at the game. Look at their players. They have MORE pieces to work with IMO than we do and that's on Miles. Our starting center can't make a layup or free throw. Our "star" misses 5 footers and has missed at least 3 front ends of one and ones. We're bad. Our point guard can't make a shot and plays out of control at times.

Reactions: scarletred
Is there anything we gain by letting Miles finish the season?
No.
In fact I think its a bigger gamble than getting rid of him.
Can him and let an assistant have a crack at it, anything to mix up the funk this team is in and wake them up.
Let it be known the job is out there.
At this point if I had to guess Id say we will win more from here on out without him than we will with him, even if its only 1.

I'm frustrated with what I've seen from Miles this past month especially as well but LOOK at the game. Look at their players. They have MORE pieces to work with IMO than we do and that's on Miles. Our starting center can't make a layup or free throw. Our "star" misses 5 footers and has missed at least 3 front ends of one and ones. We're bad. Our point guard can't make a shot and plays out of control at times.
Then why have they won 6 games and why were we a 5 seed in the dance a month ago? I know we lost Cope but we arent even competitive

7 years and this is where we are.

Man everybody..... if we think this is bad, wait till next year. No Palmer, Watson, Copeland, or Roby (unless he stays for some unknown reason). I don’t care who the coach is next year the cupboard is going to be pretty empty! And thats on Miles for not developing any depth over 7 years......

Reactions: mmunso7
Where the hell is Watson????? He has to step it up! He has or maybe had so much promise smh

We had 5 guys who could score a month ago. Now we have only a couple. Watson fell apart, Allen is iffy, cope hurt, palmer and roby both should be better than they have been the last month.

Im hopeful in Moos' presser next month he cites this game as when he decided to shit can Miles.

No.
In fact I think its a bigger gamble than getting rid of him.
Can him and let an assistant have a crack at it, anything to mix up the funk this team is in and wake them up.
Let it be known the job is out there.
At this point if I had to guess Id say we will win more from here on out without him than we will with him, even if its only 1.

I agree. Only upside of keeping him that I can think of is our next coach may be happy that we didn’t fire someone mid year

Then why have they won 6 games and why were we a 5 seed in the dance a month ago? I know we lost Cope but we arent even competitive
We are what we are NOW and that's bad. Copeland obviously meant more from a leadership standpoint than any of us knew. We knew we didn't have any bench. Our 1-5 with Cope was probably better than Illinois. Our 1 through 8 without Cope is vastly inferior to Illinois.

well, now, it's tough to win on the road in the BIG, blah blah blah.
It was only his first 7. I think this is probably like Joseph and Pharaoh's dream, 7 bad years followed by 7 good years or something like that. Not sure if we just had the 7 bad years or the 7 good years though.

Man everybody..... if we think this is bad, wait till next year. No Palmer, Watson, Copeland, or Roby (unless he stays for some unknown reason). I don’t care who the coach is next year the cupboard is going to be pretty empty! And thats on Miles for not developing any depth over 7 years......
This is the hard truth.

Reactions: cdriftt24
Looking at this hot mess, a "genius" would have been to fire him back then. This year hurts our program.
True but fans like Miles. Moos would have needed a major splash hire to replace him which is why he went after Altman and got turned down. Now he can hire an empty suit and people will be okay with it.

Down by 7 with 1:25 left, let them run half the shot clock and THEN foul? Brilliant
FattyGenius.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT