ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska BELONGS in the Big 12! Come Home !!

Jul 9, 2001
Growing up all I can remember is Last weeks of Season, Nebraska vs Oklahoma and Nebraska vs Texas , Nebraska vs Colorado !! The Big Red BELONGS in the Big 12 ! Nebraska vs TCU, West Virginia at Nebraska , THAT sounds like a Beautiful Football party !! You guys are SUCH Great fans and in my opinion and MANY MANY Others is that Nebraska is The Big 12 !!!

Growing up all I can remember is Last weeks of Season, Nebraska vs Oklahoma and Nebraska vs Texas , Nebraska vs Colorado !! The Big Red BELONGS in the Big 12 ! Nebraska vs TCU, West Virginia at Nebraska , THAT sounds like a Beautiful Football party !! You guys are SUCH Great fans and in my opinion and MANY MANY Others is that Nebraska is The Big 12 !!!
If it was up to us many would happily go back to the Big 12. However Texas is still there so I doubt it happens.

Culturally, Nebraska is so much more B12 than B10. So much more like Kansas, Oklahoma, and Texas than Minnesota, Michigan, Maryland.

You forgot Minnesota Indiana and Wisconsin.. Not Maryland and Michigan..

Culturally, Nebraska is so much more B12 than B10. So much more like Kansas, Oklahoma, and Texas than Minnesota, Michigan, Maryland.
Take football out of the equation and tell me how nebraska is more like Texas and Oklahoma than Wisconsin and Ohio.

Take football out of the equation and tell me how nebraska is more like Texas and Oklahoma than Wisconsin and Ohio.

Madison is one of the most liberal college towns in the Midwest. Lincoln is politically much more like Manhattan, Norman, and the Lubbock. I would say Iowa and Indiana are more like Nebraska than any other states in the B10.

Reactions: spinner4
Madison is one of the most liberal college towns in the Midwest. Lincoln is politically much more like Manhattan, Norman, and the Lubbock. I would say Iowa and Indiana are more like Nebraska than any other states in the B10.
Might have missed the "take football out of the equation" part. Nebraskans are just as much like Ohioans or Wisconsinites as they are Texans or Dirt burglars.

BTW, I dont think you realize how liberal Lincoln is.

Reactions: TheNewNU
Might have missed the "take football out of the equation" part. Nebraskans are just as much like Ohioans or Wisconsinites as they are Texans or Dirt burglars.

BTW, I dont think you realize how liberal Lincoln is.
Lincoln is liberal by Nebraska standards. Not anywhere close by the standards of Madison, Boulder or Berkeley. In fact, Lincoln is to the right of most B1G college towns.

Having lived in Chicago for 29 years, I was excited when we joined the B1G...and we were probably fine here with Delany as Commish. Some didn't like him but he was at least respectful and mostly fair to us. But Illinois and the rest of these blue states are NOTHING like Nebraska culturally. Two different worlds and even more strikingly so these days. Add to that a new Commisioner who doesn't give a rip about us or that we are heard...this doesn't look promising. This conference talks mad shit about us, just not to our face. Sure, the money is nice...but worth the misery? I'm thinking not. Incidently can't wait to get the hell out of Illinois. Screw this cesspool.

The sad/funny thing is Nebraska largely left the B12 because it was tired of playing second fiddle to the whims of Texas. Now we play second fiddle to the whims of the B1G. And we lost our identity along the way.

And yes, I know we will generate more $$$. But in the end, not really worth it.

Well... now I am not sure you are making more money. Losing a year of revenue isn't exactly easy to make up.

The sad/funny thing is Nebraska largely left the B12 because it was tired of playing second fiddle to the whims of Texas. Now we play second fiddle to the whims of the B1G. And we lost our identity along the way.

And yes, I know we will generate more $$$. But in the end, not really worth it.
Always looking for an excuse for losing, look in the mirror man, it's no conferences fault

Well... now I am not sure you are making more money. Losing a year of revenue isn't exactly easy to make up.
PeriodicBigBeetle-max-1mb.gif

Always looking for an excuse for losing, look in the mirror man, it's no conferences fault

That’s funny. Yes, we have had a bad run the last 3 years but before all that, the Huskers averaged 9-11 wins per season for almost 30 plus years. Yes, Iowa has had a decent 3-4 years but before that, Iowa averaged 7 wins per season TOPS and you guys had a number of losing seasons. You guys have us beat by a mile.

But you are right, it’s our former ADs fault for hiring Mike Riley. That truly screwed us and put the Huskers behind several years. But trust me, no one is looking for an excuse for losing the last 3 seasons. We know the reason why it happened and there is no excuse for it.

But don’t mistake it, the losing has about come to an end. The Huskers won’t continue to struggle much longer. We have added a bunch of talent and those players are starting to get up into the sophomore year range and down.

Last edited:
Just heard Big 12 might be a go? Can anyone confirm?

Kansas State Rivals is reporting that we are expecting a schedule release and Arkansas State is our probable non conference opponent.

Sept. 26th is the expected start date of Conference play.

I know it is a slim chance but I have a little bit of hope that Nebraska and the Big 12 are in communication right now.

Kansas State Rivals is reporting that we are expecting a schedule release and Arkansas State is our probable non conference opponent.

Sept. 26th is the expected start date of Conference play.

I know it is a slim chance but I have a little bit of hope that Nebraska and the Big 12 are in communication right now.
Terrible look for the Big 10 right now! Lol

Big 12 JUST announced WE ARE PLAYING FOOTBALL!! Nebraska is Big 12 !! Nebraska is a Right lean Republican State, So is West Virginia , So is Texas, So is Iowa, So is Kansas , so is Oklahoma ! Nebraska can return to Glory in Big 12, The Liberal Big 10 is NOT where you belong, what does Nebraska have to do with piscataway new jersey?? We would LOVE Nebraska Back where it belongs Playing football where Scott Frost Played against his Big 12 Foes! The Atmospheres are The Best and We WANT YOU !! Please Come play football , Do Not be guided by Gutless Liberal Cowards like your leaders in Big 10, No $$ in TV and gate will be DEVISTATION , Miss the Big Red in Big 12 !!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT