ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska Baseball

hookem

Walk On
Jul 2, 2001
How are things looking for the husker baseball team these days? Sadly I haven't kept up with it like I used to. I still miss the Texas v Nebraska baseball series. It was short-lived but it quickly became my favorite rivalry in baseball.
Tragic that it ended. You guys had some great teams back then. Whipped our ass more times than I care to remember.

Nebraska baseball had a good team a couple seasons or so ago. Beat #1 Arky & forced an elimination game in a regional

Reactions: ssmill777
Nebraska baseball had a good team a couple seasons or so ago. Beat #1 Arky & forced an elimination game in a regional
NIL can turn a program around pretty fast. Frankly I wish we would take that money we spent building a new basketball arena and sink it into our baseball team. I care far more about that baseball team than our basketball team.
We are treading water as well. David Pierce is NOT the guy and I figure one season In the sec will be enough to get him finally fired. That's a brutal baseball conference.

Not really into college baseball but I would probably guess Nebraska moving to the Big 10 ended their real baseball competitiveness. While in the Big 12 Nebraska was competing with real baseball programs and had a coach that knew where to get his players. Big 10 baseball is hardly even a power conference.

NIL can turn a program around pretty fast. Frankly I wish we would take that money we spent building a new basketball arena and sink it into our baseball team. I care far more about that baseball team than our basketball team.
We are treading water as well. David Pierce is NOT the guy and I figure one season In the sec will be enough to get him finally fired. That's a brutal baseball conference.
I, too, wish Nebraska would totally ignore basketball and focus on football, baseball, wrestling, and hockey.

Keeping fred is a good step forward. Stop paying buyouts for a lost cause.

Unfortunately we brag and brag about big ten money but wont spend it where it actually matters….on buying players by any means necessary.

Not really into college baseball but I would probably guess Nebraska moving to the Big 10 ended their real baseball competitiveness. While in the Big 12 Nebraska was competing with real baseball programs and had a coach that knew where to get his players. Big 10 baseball is hardly even a power conference.
With the new programs moving into the Big ten from out west that could change fast. While they haven't been good in a long time, USC is a storied baseball program.
I would love to see Nebraska in Omaha again. I was lucky enough to be there in 2002 and seeing Nebraska playing in front of a home crowd was just special. That place was electric it was a lot of fun.

We were at the Indiana football game in 2016 . We tailgated with some Indiana fans one who was a former IU baseball player. He said the same exact thing.Indiana and Michigan had a couple of CWS teams. But as a whole you are right.

I'm hopeful that the new teams will bring some life to BiG TeN BaSeBaLl. And I think Bolt is a decent coach. Last year was such a weird year. Hopefully we can do a LOT better in the mid-week games.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT