ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska and Oklahoma points comparison

Bigred511

Redshirt Freshman
Gold Member
Oct 14, 2018
Oklahoma scoring average 49.5 points per game and give up 32.4 points per game.
Nebraska scoring average 30 points per game and give up 31.25 points per game.

Oklahoma is in the discussion to be a playoff team. Maybe, Nebraska is not that far off from being a playoff team. Get the scoring offense to 35 points per game with a defense giving up 25 points a game should be another 4 wins. Score 40 points or more with a similar defense as this year and could have similar results as Oklahoma.

but OU holds half or so teams to 27 or fewer for comfortable wins, NU don't yet - you need the D to be in the top 25-37 in points allowed per game average, to get it done the way this staff wants to run the railroad - and unfortunately it's not a style we husker fans have a history of embracing, just reality

Oklahoma is in the discussion to be a playoff team. Maybe, Nebraska is not that far off from being a playoff team. Get the scoring offense to 35 points per game with a defense giving up 25 points a game should be another 4 wins. Score 40 points or more with a similar defense as this year and could have similar results as Oklahoma.

pff.gif

nebraska, 4-8, not that far from being a playoff team?! this may be the dumbest post i have ever read. either that, or they have filled the water towers with kool-aid in lincoln. my God husker fans -- get some kind of grasp on reality already!! i am embarrassed for you....

nebraska, 4-8, not that far from being a playoff team?! this may be the dumbest post i have ever read. either that, or they have filled the water towers with kool-aid in lincoln. my God husker fans -- get some kind of grasp on reality already!! i am embarrassed for you....

Husker fan. 99% of us don't share the opinion.

OP joined the fan base on October 14th of this year, seems like a lifelong husker fan.

I love it when one post is applied to all husker fan posters here. So you really think all husker fans think this?

You need to get some kind of grasp on reality!! I’m embarrassed for you!!!

It's one person that isn't making an ounce of sense, stupid f*cker. None of us agree with him.

Last edited:
Nebraska is not yet ready to be a playoff team but although OU has a great offense, they do play in a league that is not interested in playing defense. They were outgained and only scored 21 points in 4 quarters against Army.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT