ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska 2 -0

If Sanders starts for us we're 2 -0 ?

• Yes

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 4 33.3%

• Total voters
Well Sanders isn't realistic as a QB for Nebraska. BUT if we had kept Thompson as the starter, I do think we'd be 2-0. And THAT was totally possible if the coaches didn't error in anointing Sims to be the starter and thus driving Thompson away. The Sims turnovers actually are on Rhule IMO, because he choose Sims who clearly had a turnover problem at Georgia Tech.

Well Sanders isn't realistic as a QB for Nebraska. BUT if we had kept Thompson as the starter, I do think we'd be 2-0. And THAT was totally possible if the coaches didn't error in anointing Sims to be the starter and thus driving Thompson away.
they didn't drive him away. He wanted to leave for NIL money.

Reactions: headcard
Well Sanders isn't realistic as a QB for Nebraska. BUT if we had kept Thompson as the starter, I do think we'd be 2-0. And THAT was totally possible if the coaches didn't error in anointing Sims to be the starter and thus driving Thompson away.
It's a simple yes or no.

So you think Nebraska couldn't match Florida Atlantic's NIL money? No, he left because it was clear Rhule was going to make Sims the starter.
Casey was injured and the rest of the QBs were trash so they bought an insurance policy with Sims. Casey then leaves.

Sucks like when Gebbia left and we had no depth.

We are 2-0 with any half- witted QB that can catch the snap and turn around and hand off the football without fumbling and can occasionally throw a swing pass.

Casey was injured and the rest of the QBs were trash so they bought an insurance policy with Sims. Casey then leaves.

Sucks like when Gebbia left and we had no depth.
Well my take is that Thompson read the tea leaves that he just wasn't going to be the starter after he recovered from his injury. Too much fawning over Sims.

Ridiculous thread from OP #3829 aside, he's accidentally correct

Should've thrown a gigantic NIL bag at Spencer Sanders who appears to not even be playing at Ole Miss

Looks like most of you can't handle the facts, it's more satisfying to point fingers at the hire.

Well my take is that Thompson read the tea leaves that he just wasn't going to be the starter after he recovered from his injury. Too much fawning over Sims.
I guess Rhule should have gotten 2 from the portal but I doubt that would have been effective.

I guess Rhule should have gotten 2 from the portal but I doubt that would have been effective.
That’s the disheartening thing is the transfers especially on offense for Nebraska have been a bust so far with exception of kemp and it sure looks like all of Colorados transfers are contributing in a positive way, which again is against The odds usually you can hope half of them contribute

That’s the disheartening thing is the transfers especially on offense for Nebraska have been a bust so far with exception of kemp and it sure looks like all of Colorados transfers are contributing in a positive way, which again is against The odds usually you can hope half of them contribute
Big difference in talent and scheme.

Couple years ago, by all accounts we didn’t recruit prolific FCS passer Bailey Zappe, who went to Western Kentucky and threw 62 TDs vs 11 INTs, now backup for New England.

We also did not recruit FCS Cam Ward coming off 47 TDs vs 10 INTs, who went to Washington St. and threw 23 TDs vs 9 INTs.- (and currently leading vs. Wisconsin throwing 5 TDs in 1.5 games this year).

Casey Thompson was 17 TDs vs 10 INTs last year for reference, and he threw 5 TDs and 1 INT last week.

Zane Flores threw 31 TDs vs 7 INTs last year- we passed.

Jeff Sims is 1 TD vs 4 INTs plus 2.5 fumbles this year.
For his career he is 31 TDs vs 27 INTs.
Adrian Martinez career was 45 TDs vs 30 INTs at NEB.

We keep hitching our wagon to a pattern of poor TD to turnover ratios.

I know we wanted to be a running team, but there are other options year in and year out who know how to score points and take care of the ball if you give them a chance.
…..And you can still run the ball.

Reactions: king_kong_
Couple years ago, by all accounts we didn’t recruit prolific FCS passer Bailey Zappe, who went to Western Kentucky and threw 62 TDs vs 11 INTs, now backup for New England.

We also did not recruit FCS Cam Ward coming off 47 TDs vs 10 INTs, who went to Washington St. and threw 23 TDs vs 9 INTs.- (and currently leading vs. Wisconsin throwing 5 TDs in 1.5 games this year).

Casey Thompson was 17 TDs vs 10 INTs last year for reference, and he threw 5 TDs and 1 INT last week.

Zane Flores threw 31 TDs vs 7 INTs last year- we passed.

Jeff Sims is 1 TD vs 4 INTs plus 2.5 fumbles this year.
For his career he is 31 TDs vs 27 INTs.
Adrian Martinez career was 45 TDs vs 30 INTs at NEB.

We keep hitching our wagon to a pattern of poor TD to turnover ratios.

I know we wanted to be a running team, but there are other options year in and year out who know how to score points and take care of the ball if you give them a chance.
…..And you can still run the ball.
So yes or no ?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT