ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska -11 over Rutgers

It'll be -6 by game time.
I will root as hard as ever, but I spent most of Tommy Armstrong's career flinching and cringing every time he dropped back for a pass and just when I was comfortable again watching a husker QB pass the ball, I'm back to flinching and cringing on every drop back.

Reactions: Wasker77
Yes we cover. Our next two opponents Rutgers & Illinois are probably the worst two teams in the league. Lose either of these two and...well.....yikes.

Reactions: WHCSC
It will really depend upon injuries. If Bryant and Kalu are playing I think the Huskers can cover. Rutgers is getting better, but they have been shaky on the road over the last couple of years and in Big Ten play. It could be good medicine for Nebraska right now.

Do we cover?

Who do we beat the rest of this season? Illinois (hopefully) Rutgers (again hopefully) Purdue (they are playing much better) Minnesota (I am sure PJ would like that notch in his belt in his first season) Northwestern ( games with them seem to go crazy) Iowa (We haven't been good against them except for Bo's lucky last game) Huskers record could be dismal. The other games are already chalked up as losses

I am not sure we beat Rutgers - they played fairly well against UW I do think we have a chance against Illinois outside of those two teams we will not be favored

Who do we beat the rest of this season? Illinois (hopefully) Rutgers (again hopefully) Purdue (they are playing much better) Minnesota (I am sure PJ would like that notch in his belt in his first season) Northwestern ( games with them seem to go crazy) Iowa (We haven't been good against them except for Bo's lucky last game) Huskers record could be dismal. The other games are already chalked up as losses

At this point in time we are projected to win 3 games this year. One can only hope that these projections get better with every game.

Langsdorf gets to decide what we practice this week and the game plan. I didn't see the game, but Rutgers supposedly played well against Washington.

At this point in time we are projected to win 3 games this year. One can only hope that these projections get better with every game.

Langsdorf gets to decide what we practice this week and the game plan. I didn't see the game, but Rutgers supposedly played well against Washington.
yea rutgers is not good but what did against washington was win the battle of the trenches. washington only ran for 84 yards and the washington qb was under pressure all game.

I watched it and they played much better than I expected.

good grief that is a schedule full of crappy teams. should get 6 league wins fairly easily every year being in the West. Not sure there is a league schedule available out there anywhere with more opportunities to win a lot of games

I am not a gamin' man, but one cannot forego the easy $, and this is as simple as it gets. See what I did there?

Not only have we played like crap, now the injuries are adding up. 2nd string back, 3rd string RT, LB down, CB down - it don't look good for sure. I will be shocked if we win 5..downgraded to 3 or 4 wins. If that happens, there will be major changes (I hope), and for the record I like MR and hoped that he would succeed.

Rutgers does not have an offense as good as oregons and won't force picks the way NIUs defense did.
Medicine time. 45-17 Huskers. And I don't think we are a good team. Rutgers is just bad, but as of now I'd rate Illinois worse. I'd put Nebraska right above both of them in a conference rank.

Rutgers does not have an offense as good as oregons and won't force picks the way NIUs defense did.
Medicine time. 45-17 Huskers. And I don't think we are a good team. Rutgers is just bad, but as of now I'd rate Illinois worse. I'd put Nebraska right above both of them in a conference rank.

RU's offense has been very vanilla the 1st 3 games by design. The starting QB, RB, 3 WR's (if you count Grant missing the last 8 games) and TE are all new arrivals or starters. Most have only been together since summer camp. OC Jerry Kill has gone for ball control. Vertical passing game has not been a big part of the offense.

I'd expect the Huskers to stack the box and dare RU to throw.

Washington's high powered offense scored 23 points from the LOS. Eastern Michigan with a respected passing game scored 16.

I don't know if your stud RB will be cleared to play but it could be key. Of course stats can be misleading but I will point out that RU has not allowed a team to average 4.0 ypc in any of the 1st 3 games. Unfortunately the pass defense seemed to break down just enough to make the difference in the both UW and EMU games, mostly because of a lack of pressure on the QB.

Your fan base has the rep of being the classiest in all of CFB. RU fans universally raved about the way they were treated last time they visited. I wish you the best other than Saturday of course.

This should be a fairly easy cover, especially for the B10 opener at home. Under normal circumstances, Nebraska by 21. On paper, the Huskers are better in all phases - pass O, run O, pass D, run D, ST. Plus, N has a strong incentive to bounce back. Huskers still sloppy but never in trouble.

Nebraska: 10-14-3-3 - 30
Rutgers: 7-0-3-10 - 20

Late chip shot FG by Nebraska after Rutgers goal line stop allows Rutgers to beat the spread.

Last edited:
I can't wait to rap battle those guidos from Jersey Shore

How you doin' Bucky ?
We be seein yas soon..

guidos31.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT