ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA Wrestling

Dan Gable wants to take him behind the woodshed…like yesterday.
Back in the day, Dan Gable Asics wrestling shoes was the gear to have. Ramos pinning him must of really broke him mentally. It will probably come out that he was physically injured and couldn't continue.

Rooting for Ramos to win the final at 125. Beating Lee was hilarious and I think Purdue fans need a pick me up after the basketball game...

Labriola at 174 is our sole finalist I believe? Should be a good one for the title against Starocci

Rooting for Ramos to win the final at 125. Beating Lee was hilarious and I think Purdue fans need a pick me up after the basketball game...

Labriola at 174 is our sole finalist I believe? Should be a good one for the title against Starocci
Stall-rocci

• Haha
Reactions: BigRedTed
yep, ive caught guys trying to roll and ive nearly been caught a few times too. when it happens it just happens

Reactions: king_kong_
Lee is kind of a bitch.

Also, do you know how lame you have to be to get pinned inn college at 125?

I am sure Lee will come out and tell everyone how he was wrestling with 4 broken legs, HIV, a cough, a tumor, brain cancer, black lung and scurvy.

You all sound gay
Iowa Sucks GIF - Iowa Sucks Hawkeyes GIFs

Hawkeyes Football GIF - Hawkeyes Football Toilet Bowl GIFs

Hawkeyes Belly GIF - Hawkeyes Belly GIFs

Anyone who's ever wrestled will tell you it's the most difficult sport they've ever competed in, by far.
Listen to Joe Rogan talk about wrestlers. Joe is a black belt in jiu jitsu and high level black belt in tai kwon do and he understands fighting as well as anyone. He constantly talks up wrestlers as being the toughest guys in MMA. They are mentally tougher than any of their opponents. He mentions how there is no glory in wrestling. The glory is in victory and the pursuit of exceptionalism. He has commented how wrestlers in MMA will drag another fighter into deep water just so that guy can suffer along with him. The wrestler LIVES in deep water. He loves it in deep water. To your point, it REALLY sucks to fight another human being when you are totally tired and spent. High level wrestlers are so much tougher mentally than every other human being.

Lee is kind of a bitch.

I am sure Lee will come out and tell everyone how he was wrestling with 4 broken legs, HIV, a cough, a tumor, brain cancer, black lung and scurvy.
He and Caitlin Clark should make perfect pair

Reactions: Baxter48
Lee is kind of a bitch.

Don’t forget Covid he probably had the worse case and during the break he’d be on a ventilator

• Haha
Reactions: SuperBigFan
To recap, Nebraska ended up in 8th place in the team competition. They had 4 all-americans, highlighted by a runner-up finish by Mikey Labriola. Had a couple of wrestlers (Hardy & Robb) who got injured but still managed to achieve AA. Allred had a tough draw and was 1 match short of making AA.

To recap, Nebraska ended up in 8th place in the team competition. They had 4 all-americans, highlighted by a runner-up finish by Mikey Labriola. Had a couple of wrestlers (Hardy & Robb) who got injured but still managed to achieve AA. Allred had a tough draw and was 1 match short of making AA.
Appreciate all the updates over the last few days.

Think it’s top half of the conference so is solid. Had seen more knowledgeable fans here saying top 6, so I’ll defer to them for more clarification

Reactions: HuskerO
Listen to Joe Rogan talk about wrestlers. Joe is a black belt in jiu jitsu and high level black belt in tai kwon do and he understands fighting as well as anyone. He constantly talks up wrestlers as being the toughest guys in MMA. They are mentally tougher than any of their opponents. He mentions how there is no glory in wrestling. The glory is in victory and the pursuit of exceptionalism. He has commented how wrestlers in MMA will drag another fighter into deep water just so that guy can suffer along with him. The wrestler LIVES in deep water. He loves it in deep water. To your point, it REALLY sucks to fight another human being when you are totally tired and spent. High level wrestlers are so much tougher mentally than every other human being.
I wrestled in HS with no wrestling experience, I did it to stay in shape for FB and to have something to do.

My commitment to it was not good and there is no place to hide in wrestling when you are not super into it...unless you are going against a guy in practice that is also not into it (thank you Jeremy!)

Practices are brutal, the warmups before practice are brutal, the "cool down" is brutal and the actual practice is brutal.

One of the eye opening parts was when a kid who had "wrestling strength" would tie up with you, it was so different from weight room power.

Reactions: resdog851
Think it’s top half of the conference so is solid. Had seen more knowledgeable fans here saying top 6, so I’ll defer to them for more clarification

Finishing in the Top 10 in the team competition is good. Don't know how many years in a row this has been accomplished for NU but any time we can achieve Top 10 it is a good season. Penn State is clearly ahead of the rest of the competition and has been for many years. The others have a ways to go to catch up. Nebraska was the 5th B1G conference team in the standings, so that shows the overall strength of the conference. Had Hardy & Robb not been injured, they likely win a 1-2 more matches each and NU could have jumped Arizona State for 7th place and would have had an outside shot at catching Michigan for 6th place.

Finishing in the Top 10 in the team competition is good. Don't know how many years in a row this has been accomplished for NU but any time we can achieve Top 10 it is a good season. Penn State is clearly ahead of the rest of the competition and has been for many years. The others have a ways to go to catch up. Nebraska was the 5th B1G conference team in the standings, so that shows the overall strength of the conference. Had Hardy & Robb not been injured, they likely win a 1-2 more matches each and NU could have jumped Arizona State for 7th place and would have had an outside shot at catching Michigan for 6th place.
The B1G wrestling is absolutely loaded and know top 10 nationally is good for sure but hard to rise into the highest levels until the team can get into the highest levels of their own conference. Injuries did limit the chances for sure.

Top three in conference means a chance at top 3-5 in nation. Crazy but true

I wrestled in HS with no wrestling experience, I did it to stay in shape for FB and to have something to do.

My commitment to it was not good and there is no place to hide in wrestling when you are not super into it...unless you are going against a guy in practice that is also not into it (thank you Jeremy!)

Practices are brutal, the warmups before practice are brutal, the "cool down" is brutal and the actual practice is brutal.

One of the eye opening parts was when a kid who had "wrestling strength" would tie up with you, it was so different from weight room power.
Yep, we referred to it as 'farmer strength'. It was a real thing.

Its why I am surprised nash hutmacher hasnt made more of an impact. He was the cream of the crop for hs wrestling

Its why I am surprised nash hutmacher hasnt made more of an impact. He was the cream of the crop for hs wrestling
Footwork and strength could be there. Lack of development may be directly attributed to the last staff. They struggled to develop players at every position.

Yep, we referred to it as 'farmer strength'. It was a real thing.
Joe would comment that Matt Hughes (former Iowa wrestler) was farm strong. He also would talk up Ben Askren (Mizzou wrestler who actually sucked in the UFC) as having a ridiculous clinch strength. Joe referred to it as monkey strength. He gets his grips on you and you couldn't get away. He owned that limb.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT