ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA reaches $2.78B settlement for athletes

Oct 10, 2021
I can't even keep track anymore with NIL and all the financials in college athletics.

"U.S. District Judge Claudia Wilken released an order setting a timeline for a deal that would put millions of dollars into the pockets of college athletes, who can begin applying for payment on Oct. 18."

Reactions: king_kong_
NIL still exisst right?

Yes, but from I can gather many schools will have to “profit share” up to 20 million throughout all sports. So… I think schools must pay a base “salary” to all it’s scholarship athletes, in addition to whatever NIL contract a player can secure.

Legalize experts please correct me if I’m understanding this wrong. TIA

Don’t want to hear about how these college athletes are treated poorly and should not be criticized for poor play, bad decisions they make or anything else. They are now professional athletes going to school, hopefully, towards getting a degree.
That's what I've been dwelling on. It'll be harder going forward to not be critical of players who are driving a nicer car than I am, and probably making more money.

Good for them. A huge majority of college athletes have a very small window to earn off their athletic ability. Get it while they can. If they want to spend it on stupid shit like watches and jewelry have at it. College kids making money doesnt mean the civilians in the stands are making less.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT