ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA is dead

That's why it is stupid for Nebraska to try to run a squeaky-clean program. There are no trophies for having brainy little boy scouts helping old ladies cross the street while the team goes 3-9 on the football field.

Until the NCAA is going to do something about recruiting violations, improper benefits, academic cheating, etc. you'd be stupid NOT to do it in football and basketball.

That's why it is stupid for Nebraska to try to run a squeaky-clean program. There are no trophies for having brainy little boy scouts helping old ladies cross the street while the team goes 3-9 on the football field.

Until the NCAA is going to do something about recruiting violations, improper benefits, academic cheating, etc. you'd be stupid NOT to do it in football and basketball.

Integrity is doing the right thing even when no one's watching.

DR is wasting his breath talking about feel good walk on stories and Nebraska heart pushing the scholarship athletes if all he does need to do is start handing out bribes to the nation's ringers.

3 years of investigation... found nothing... maybe Dr. Ncaa Watson needs help from Mr. Holmes.

I guess if you make the pud cheating classes available to all students, it isn't considered cheating to help student athletes.

Hmmm

This is head-shaking stuff. I feel like it should have went like this...

"So, you already admitted that this class was fake and that it went on for like 15 years, right?"

"Yes, that is correct"

"Okay, lets rip down these banners and those banners and looks like we are going to take away 75% of your scholarships for the next 5 years in all sports that were included...thanks!"

This became a question of targeted special treatment, and since the fake classes were provided to everyone and student athletes just happened to have take advantage of it as well, it was out of the NCAA's purview.

Now, what this says about UNC as an academic institution and the fact that they're celebrating this decision should say enough, but it probably won't.

I can only wish they were dead. Talk about a worthless organization. Ignoring what NC did just gives a green light to other institutions to do the same thing with no threat of any repercussions.

Eff that. If everyone else is looting the Quickee Mart do you join in? I'd rather do the right thing than be a sack of s***.

Do you honestly think Nebraska is completely clean?

Well now you children play nice now, I have to finish up the housework.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT