ADVERTISEMENT

Name an artist or band that you like now that you didn't before

Hail Varsity

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jul 17, 2001
I watched the Beatles' documentary a couple weeks ago and it occurred to me that I was never a fan of them growing up or until the last several years, but have grown to appreciate how prolific and talented they were as I've gotten older. They were just on AM radio so much when I was a kid that I got tired of that sound. I never hated them, but wasn't a big fan. Now I see them differently.

Another would be Bob Seger. I always liked his music fine when I was a teenager in the 70s, but songs like Night Moves are just killer. Soulful, real and tell stories I can relate to from high school and growing up in the Midwest.

The final one would be Patsy Cline. Always knew her tunes, but there's just something timeless and emotional about how she sings. No one like her since.

I also have to say something about newer performers. When someone hot comes along, I sometimes dismiss them as just a fabrication of the media, etc. But I've had occasion to hear a couple artists sing different songs or acapella and they're really good. For me, that's Lady Gaga and Pink. Awesome voices.

I'm sure there are others but those are a few that come to mind for me.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News