ADVERTISEMENT

My wife and I are letting our 13 yr old son drive to school.

Status
Not open for further replies.

themillerflip

Head Coach
Gold Member
Aug 14, 2007
Weeping Water, Nebraska
Tomorrow is a big day for the boy, he starts 8th grade and he'll be driving a 91' Honda Civic to school, by himself. We've done a few practice runs and he pulled it off like a pro. His school is just so far out of the way from where my wife and I work and I somewhat jokingly suggested he drive himself to my wife earlier this summer. It took her awhile but when we were following him in our car on one of his practice runs she said "you know, he's actually a really good driver".

We picked out a route that keeps him off the interstate and the expressway, with a city route that he can totally handle. He knows to park a couple blocks away from the school and walk the rest of the way so he can blend in with the other kids as the enter the school.

I remember back in high school some of the farm kids got special permits to drive at younger ages as long as it was to and from school. This is just like that, but he just doesn't have a permit. He'll be eligible for his learners permit in two years anyways, so we're just giving him our permission a couple years early. This will totally help out our already hectic morning routine. I have to admit it will be strange with all of us leaving the house at the same time in the morning and all three of us getting into separate vehicles.

I'll give updates throughout the school year, but I already know he's got this!

Reactions: ZT The General
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.