ADVERTISEMENT

My thoughts on Omarion Miller from Pylon 7on7 Nationals over the weekend.

Clint Cosgrove

Walk On
Gold Member
Sep 25, 2013
I wanted to drop in and share my thoughts on Miller after watching him over the weekend. He is not from my region, so this was my first opportunity to do an in-person/in-depth evaluation. This kid has a chance to be special. Everything I saw from him leads me to believe that he has the potential to be a dominant player in the Big Ten. I was extremely impressed with his combination of size, athleticism, ball skills and body control. I left the tournament thinking he could be a tad under-rated as a 5.9 four-star. While I am not sure if he will ever get a 6.1 five-star rating, I do see him as a kid that could get the 6.0 bump. With a strong Sr. season you never know what could happen.

My biggest question would be top end speed. There was no point where he struck me as being slow, but without verified times it was hard for me to gauge his ability to take the top off and be a consistent home-run threat. That being said, he is a long strider and covers a lot of ground with each step. A lot of the time striders like him are so smooth that they appear slower than they actually are. Either way I feel confident in him being able to perform at an extremely high level due to his physical and skill-set combo.

Miller already has great size and also has the frame to hold plenty more weight once he is in a college weight/meal program. He is physically ready to play at the college level right now and with another year of development, there is no telling how good he can be. All I can say is this kid is a no-brainer with his best football in front of him. I had the feeling he was a Nebraska lean when I interviewed him this weekend due his strong relationship with Mickey. Even though he said LSU was always his dream school, it was his connection with Mickey that made this happen IMHO.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News