ADVERTISEMENT

My husband says that the key to Husker wins can be found in Madison...

Appears it is close. His record vs. Iowa is tiebreaker. If any were around the environment prior to 2010 (B1G fans, there's no fault for that as UNL was in B12), they would say Iowa had the edge in conference order at that time.

Conf. Championships: 3 ('90, '02, '04) all shared it didn't play Ohio St head to head
'BCS' bowls: 2 ('91 Rose, '02 Orange)

Also, and I know you'll say that's a bit irrelevant & that's fine, but Wisconsin didn't beat Iowa from 1977- 1996. 0-17-1. That certainly helped with perception over the years where teams stood.

No the tie breaker is Barry won Rose Bowls Iowa hasn't since 1958 or 59.
And we're comparing Alvarez arriving in Madison not prior... So your changing your agenda.

And we're comparing Alvarez arriving in Madison not prior... So your changing your agenda.

I prefaced your last comment, so I won't address that again.

It's also gray because Iowa had two different HC's and went through transition during Barry's best years.

KF vs. Barry 4-3 (1999-2005)

Top 25 end of year ranking:

Iowa 2002 #8
2003 # 8
2004 #8
Avg #8
Wisconsin 1999 #4
2000 #23
2004 #17
2005 #15
Avg #14.75

I prefaced your last comment, so I won't address that again.

It's also gray because Iowa had two different HC's and went through transition during Barry's best years.

KF vs. Barry 4-3 (1999-2005)

Top 25 end of year ranking:

Iowa 2002 #8
2003 # 8
2004 #8
Avg #8
Wisconsin 1999 #4
2000 #23
2004 #17
2005 #15
Avg #14.75

So Barry 3 Rose Bowl teams Top 4-6 finishes in the polls don't matter because Herky was in transition.. o_O

See if that works if I bring up when Nebraska being in transition from 2003-2007 and 2015-2016.

Reactions: SOHusker11
So Barry 3 Rose Bowl teams Top 4-6 finishes in the polls don't matter because Herky was in transition.. o_O

See if that works if I bring up when Nebraska being in transition from 2003-2007 and 2015-2016.

You can argue until you're blue in the face picking up a stat paper as an outsider post 2010 , but I can assure you prior to the 2010 game between Iowa & Wisconsin which ended in a 31-30 decision, Iowa was viewed as a notch above Wisconsin by many fans of the B10. It's the reason former Wisconsin & Michigan St. coaches have been put on record as saying their goal was to emulate what Iowa had going. It's no secret, the articles are out there.

You can argue until you're blue in the face picking up a stat paper as an outsider post 2010 , but I can assure you prior to the 2010 game between Iowa & Wisconsin which ended in a 31-30 decision, Iowa was viewed as a notch above Wisconsin by many fans of the B10. It's the reason former Wisconsin & Michigan St. coaches have been put on record as saying their goal was to emulate what Iowa had going. It's no secret, the articles are out there.
Are you going to back that up with anything other than opinion? What exactly puts Iowa ahead of Wisconsin going into 2010? It really doesn't matter to me, I'm just trying to figure out how you can make that distinction without having your own Iowa bias.

Are you going to back that up with anything other than opinion? What exactly puts Iowa ahead of Wisconsin going into 2010? It really doesn't matter to me, I'm just trying to figure out how you can make that distinction without having your own Iowa bias.

No bias, I have relatives in Iowa but not really a fan of them. Do enjoy their style of play along with Wisconsin's, though.

1977- 2010
Iowa win pct. .592
Wisconsin win pct. .556

No bias, I have relatives in Iowa but not really a fan of them. Do enjoy their style of play along with Wisconsin's, though.

1977- 2010
Iowa win pct. .592
Wisconsin win pct. .556
What about such a large time period makes it relevant to the opinion of fans of the hierarchy of B1G programs in 2010? Seems rather random.

Reactions: scarletred
What about such a large time period makes it relevant to the opinion of fans of the hierarchy of B1G programs in 2010? Seems rather random.

Now you're going clear back to 1977.:rolleyes:

All- Time
Wisconsin 0.579
Iowa 0.534

Now shout up:p

Yeah, sure. Fans were alive to see & remember those days.

OK I'm older and seen more games since 1977... Since that happens to be the year you targeted, that is when I happened to have graduated High School.

Both programs have been better over the last 30 years but Wisconsin has accomplished more and you can't argue that with your own facts.

OK I'm older and seen more games since 1977... Since that happens to be the year you targeted, that is when I happened to have graduated High School.

Both programs have been better over the last 30 years but Wisconsin has accomplished more and you can't argue that with your own facts.

I already did? Three Rose bowls. Cool. Look at Hayden's run. Barry had three successful years out of 15.

I just don't get the hard on for Wisconsin by Nebraska fans. They don't beat Wisconsin, and now they don't beat Iowa either. Yet this bored likes to act like Iowa doesn't exist to them.

Last edited:
I already did? Three Rose bowls. Cool. Look at Hayden's run. Barry had three successful years out of 15.

I just don't get the hard on for Wisconsin by Nebraska fans. They don't beat Wisconsin, and now they don't beat Iowa either. Yet this bored likes to act like Iowa doesn't exist to them.

Step back jack, Did Hayden EVER win a Rose bowl. No.
Does Wisconsin own us since we joined the conference yes.
Does Iowa own us since we joined the conference No.just because you have won back to back, Huskers also did it too.
Iowa does exist, but buddy stand in line with us because Wisconsin owns both of use at this point in time, if you want to compare conference CC games and titles you are arguing to a losing cause.

Step back jack, Did Hayden EVER win a Rose bowl. No.
Does Wisconsin own us since we joined the conference yes.
Does Iowa own us since we joined the conference No.just because you have won back to back, Huskers also did it too.
Iowa does exist, but buddy stand in line with us because Wisconsin owns both of use at this point in time, if you want to compare conference CC games and titles you are arguing to a losing cause.

Never did argue with '10-'16. It was an argument based on Wisconsin NEVER was remotely close to what they are now. I simply pointed out in the B1G before UNL joined, Wisconsin was never in the company of the elite and in fact was slightly behind Iowa. If you were taken back in time, that was the order. You can try and tell this big ten follower about the Big 12 prior to UNL joining and I would oblige in hearing some old stories, but you will never convince me three Rose bowls wins in 33 years ever trumped the overall success of Hayden or KF. The win pct. of that time frame overwhelmingly speaks for itself.

[QUOTE="rosebowlx7, post: 3231989, member: 47996
I just don't get the hard on for Wisconsin by Nebraska fans. They don't beat Wisconsin, and now they don't beat Iowa either. Yet this bored likes to act like Iowa doesn't exist to them.[/QUOTE]

You're smart enough to know that Alvarez is a Husker don't you?

By now you have to figure it out.I have Hawkeyes buddies that I know that can figure out why we favor them.... Do uniforms help you out.:confused:

[QUOTE="rosebowlx7, post: 3231989, member: 47996

You're smart enough to know that Alvarez is a Husker don't you?

By now you have to figure it out.I have Hawkeyes buddies that I know that can figure out why we favor them.... Do uniforms help you out.:confused:[/QUOTE]

Yes I knew that .Alvarez was also a Hawkeye. In fact, he spent more time in Iowa than he ever did in Nebraska.

You don't see a bunch of Iowa fans clinging to Oklahoma because of Bob Stoops.

In you're time frame Iowa has played in four Rose Bowls won zero.

Wisconsin has played in six Rose Bowls and is 3-3.

Etc. Benefit of doubt Iowa won and lost in two Orange bowl games.

Are you keeping score.

In you're time frame Iowa has played in three Rose Bowls won zero.

Wisconsin has played in six Rose Bowls and is 3-3.

Etc. Benefit of doubt Iowa won and lost in two Orange bowl games.

Are you keeping score.

Now you include recent '10-'16. Good trolling effort but that's where the discussion stops. Goodbye.

Wisconsin is never in the talk for a national title. Even the years they won those conference titles, they got beat by a more athletic team in the bowl. If "Tom" wants that, awesome. But Bo Pelini and Frank Solich could have given you what Wisconsin does
Actually, bo pelini couldnt, so i dunno where youre getting that garbage.
And for the 1000th time, wisconsin will never recruit as well as we can. We can piss top 25 classes, hell even bo could. Wed love to have wisconsins past ten years as ours, period.

Thanks Mods, very decent of you. Just good factual debate with no slander.;)

One sentence on Iowa.

Like I said:

"Those are the three guys who I idolized as a coach," Alvarez said. "I thought Bob Devaney was way ahead of his time with the things he did. My goal when I became the head coach at Wisconsin was to build and sustain that program the way he did at Nebraska and to finish my career as an administrator the way he did.

One sentence on Iowa.

Like I said:

"Those are the three guys who I idolized as a coach," Alvarez said. "I thought Bob Devaney was way ahead of his time with the things he did. My goal when I became the head coach at Wisconsin was to build and sustain that program the way he did at Nebraska and to finish my career as an administrator the way he did.

Lol he listed three individual reasons from what he gathered way to leave the rest out though. Here.

"With coach Fry, he influenced me in the way he went about his day-to-day operation. And with Lou, it was in the way his general football philosophies jibed with what I believed."

It irks you that someone who is tied to Nebraska also took something from Iowa. Hayden's coaching tree is one of the most infamous in all of football. Not much of an Osborne tree.

Oh wait, here's another guy who thinks Iowa's program is pretty swell.

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/c...chigan-state-spartans-mark-dantonio/90746618/

http://www.mlive.com/spartans/index.ssf/2015/11/mark_dantonio_patterned_parts.html

Perhaps in a year or two Riley can say he learned B1G football from Iowa & Wisconsin as well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT