ADVERTISEMENT

More post game thoughts

beaglehusker

Head Coach
Sep 29, 2006
Just starting to rewatch to look for more details. Feel free to give yours.

1st TD drive, 24 actually blocked well, 1 pass play and 1 run. I've seen him play since HS and was never super high on him so wanted to point out he looked better blocking.

OL looked good run blocking. Pass plays 54 got beat twice on the edge, 1 causing a hurried throw and incompletion. Twice after that they used a back to help chip the outside rush, also once for TC. This is going to be a problem against better pash rushers.

23 looks like a different person from Spring running the ball. The TD was beautiful with left side of line moving defenders and 24 pulling.

Great first drive for 15

2nd possession, 23 great vision, much better than RJ who leaves yards on the field with his lack of vision.

More good blocking by Fidone. That pass he lost yards, both wrs missed blocks, play had no chance with the missed blocks.

4th down TC gets beat on outside and no time to see 4 breaking wide open for an easy TD.

Not getting a OT in portal is still a worry for me. They are looking better but sometimes get pretty easy with a speed rush

Reactions: Boiler_B
#9 did good on wraping up the qb....instead of letting them slide out his grasp...
the next step it driving thru the qb and using the ground, so his next passes are 4-8 yards behind the receiver

Reactions: Sinomatic
I wasn't at the game. Did our WRs have any trouble getting separation? It seemed quite a few throws were into a crowd. Maybe the throws were a touch late?

Don't get me wrong. I thought DR was dazzling for being a freshman and his first game. The WRs as well.

And yeah... the Blackshirts swarming to the ball!

Not getting a OT in portal is still a worry for me. They are looking better but sometimes get pretty easy with a speed rush
I'm worried about who replaces#0 and #9 next year. them positions upkeep seem to be he basis for a defense, when #55, #suh, #daneils left I detected a drop off

Reactions: Boiler_B
I wasn't at the game. Did our WRs have any trouble getting separation? It seemed quite a few throws were into a crowd. Maybe the throws were a touch late?

Don't get me wrong. I thought DR was dazzling for being a freshman and his first game. The WRs as well.

And yeah... the Blackshirts swarming to the ball!
I'm watching the line more and backs but I did notice a couple of times I think Dylan threw to wrong guy. Like he said he can always get better with progressions. The ball he threw to 19 for example was covered, 17 was the better option. The defender on 17 left to make a play on the ball so the end result looks like double coverage. 17 underneath was the better option.

For the most part guys were getting open

The long run by 21 was gorgeous. Dylan changed the play, changed the protection then changed the play again and got great blocking by LT and LG. 23 and 21 are clearly top two guys through 1 game. Better vision.
Rhule likes Rahmir in that he is experienced and has skills in the receiving game. Gabe can run people over and is valuable inside the 5 yard line. But the two young guys are showing their upside.

I'm worried about who replaces#0 and #9 next year. them positions upkeep seem to be he basis for a defense, when #55, #suh, #daneils left I detected a drop off

I think VanPoppel will slide right into Ty’s spot. Plus we will still have Butler, Cam, Williams, Davis, etc at DE. We are deep there. Not sure what the answer will be at NT.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT