ADVERTISEMENT

More OU Whining

Nov 28, 2016
The OU AD is throwing a temper tantrum because of FOX decision to air the game at 11:00am. Says it doesn’t do justice for the 50th Anniversary of the Game of the Century or Nebraska / Oklahoma Rivalry.

Boo F’n Who Choklahoma! The game hasn’t been a rivalry since the old Big-8 anyways. F*** OU, Texass, and The Big-12!

Reactions: PennsylvaniaPride
The OU AD is throwing a temper tantrum because of FOX decision to air the game at 11:00am. Says it doesn’t do justice for the 50th Anniversary of the Game of the Century or Nebraska / Oklahoma Rivalry.

Boo F’n Who Choklahoma! The game hasn’t been a rivalry since the old Big-8 anyways. F*** OU, Texass, and The Big-12!
If we were not so terrible they might have given it a better time slot.

If we were not so terrible they might have given it a better time slot.
No they would have not.. FOX first choice was Oklahoma/ Nebraska next week their first choice is Penn St / Wisconsin
Sept 11 their first choice Oregon at Ohio St doesn’t get any bigger than that on that day besides Washington and Michigan on ABC at night again FOX had first choice..

Fox isn't stupid. HUGE 11 am game for them. What's best for TV isn't what's best for other interests. Right now tv revenue driving the ship

Reactions: headcard
Pretty sure OU vs Texas has been played MANY times at 11:00am and OU considers that more of a Rivalry than OU vs Nebraska.
This is true and they discussed that on sports night last night.

However I get where he's coming from. They probably want to schedule a brunch or luncheon for both sides of former players perhaps. Harder to do at 11 kickoff.

Question. Does ou consider it as much the game of century as we do since they lost????

11am used to be the IT time slot but that was a long time ago. Feel like the last 10-15 years especially the 630-700 and even 230 slots have become the idea of Primetime = importance/relevance

like the 11am to have a good game it allows for all the time slots to have something to watch.

So, we are whining that OU is whining about a start time we already had a thread where we whining about the same ourselves? That in a nutshell sums up things here at times.

It was pointed out in the initial whining thread that this was the time Fox puts their marquee game at weekly, but that went over the whiners' collective heads.

Was pointed out that the 2000, and 2001 games kicked off at same time, but more whining about how mistreated we are.

No wonder many in the rest of the Country see us as whiners.....

So, we are whining that OU is whining about a start time we already had a thread where we whining about the same ourselves? That in a nutshell sums up things here at times.

It was pointed out in the initial whining thread that this was the time Fox puts their marquee game at weekly, but that went over the whiners' collective heads.

Was pointed out that the 2000, and 2001 games kicked off at same time, but more whining about how mistreated we are.

No wonder many in the rest of the Country see us as whiners.....

I said the game time sucks. Is anyone suggesting that I don't know what time the games normally start in the Big Ten? I think that all marquee games should be at 2-2:30 or later. No matter how much we suck, I think the 50th Anniversary game deserves better. And so does OU obviously. I have never said that everyone is against us mentality that many possess. I am not in the B1G sucks camp, either. I think for myself. Not into groupthink.

Last edited:

The top games are at 11 am. They want you to stay on their channel from the start of football Saturday. It's not ideal for recruiting, but it has nothing to do with disrespecting the rivalry.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT