ADVERTISEMENT

more expectations - Baseball America

I keep seeing Schreiber listed as a RF in these articles. Took a gander at the roster on Huskers.com and they've changed his position from "INF" to "OF". Local papers are still referring to him as first baseman and Miller as DH.

Who comes off the bench and who moves into CF when Meyers pitches? Acker off the bench? Alvarado to CF? Klemke?
Who's DH and who's 1B? Some combination of Miller in one spot and Athey or Roskam at the other?

Five more days!

Reactions: gunNrun
I keep seeing Schreiber listed as a RF in these articles. Took a gander at the roster on Huskers.com and they've changed his position from "INF" to "OF". Local papers are still referring to him as first baseman and Miller as DH.

Who comes off the bench and who moves into CF when Meyers pitches? Acker off the bench? Alvarado to CF? Klemke?
Who's DH and who's 1B? Some combination of Miller in one spot and Athey or Roskam at the other?

Five more days!
Truth be told, Meyers, Schreiber, and Miller will be in the lineup all the time. depending on whether Meyers is pitching or not will decide the positions. When pitching you will most likely see Schreiber in RF, Miller at 1st and Meyers at DH. When Meyers isn't pitching then Miller is expected to DH but they may keep him at 1st more often and allowing Schreiber to play RF.

A lot of talk will come from utilizing the DH for another player like a Roskam or a Waldron depending on who gets the 3rd base spot. Schreiber's talents may be better suited playing a position full time which would allow another young but powerful bat to get into the lineup.

I think Erstads main goal is to get the best lineup possible and figure out the defense from there. He recruits players who can play multiple positions for that reason. Hard to tell though since coverage on Nebraska baseball by local media is so scarce.

Unrelated, the following "Live Video" links were added to the Huskers.com schedule...

Fri, Mar 17 College of Charleston 4:05 p.m.
Sat, Mar 18 College of Charleston 2:05 p.m.
Sun, Mar 19 College of Charleston 12:05 p.m.

Tue, Mar 28 Kansas State 6:35 p.m.

Fri, Apr 14 Iowa 6:35 p.m.
Sat, Apr 15 Iowa 6:05 p.m.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT