ADVERTISEMENT

Moos sees Peach Bowl as a marketing commercial for Nebraska

Larry Hagman's Liver

Defensive Coordinator
Nov 18, 2004
In Transit
Gotta say I agree with him. That's some serious earned media in a year where NU doesn't have a bowl game. And it appears that UCF game prep will not interfere with this staff making serious waves on the recruiting trail between now and Dec. 20. Make 13-0 happen, gentlemen.

https://nebraska.rivals.com/news/moos-sees-peach-bowl-as-a-marketing-commercial-for-nebraska

Let's just hope it's a good commercial. If they get blown out by Auburn, that won't help much. I have to think UCF will be much more motivated to play in this game, though.

Either way, it's good for NU.

If UCF names their coach soon, I'd bet that's the guy on the field for them for the peach. Which means SF isn't spending time prepping for it.

If not, and SF is on the field for the peach, we get post-season exposure that Riley and co. didn't earn.

I'm good either way.

Couldn't be a bigger fan of Moos; surprised he would be right up front publicly about that advantage.

Last edited:
What is Moos stupid? It’s unaccetable that Frost could coach in that game.

Enough with the sarcasm.

They were just talking about this with Charles Davis on 1620. Davis brought up a good point regarding Spurrier that I had forgotten. When Spurrier left Duke for Florida, he did coach Duke’s bowl game. During the game around the 2nd Q, Spurrier got on a player for not playing hard enough. That player gave him a look like, “What do I care, you aren’t going to be here any more.” Spurrier said he’d never do that again if he were in a similar situation.

Davis also said now, Frost is on good terms with UCF, but as time goes, it can only sour. He feels SF has moved on, its time to go.

Another point they just brought up is Nebraska has today offered to UCF commits a scholarship. Not sure how this will go over with the UCF AD.

So some valid points.

I still see no harm on the Nebraska side, but maybe UCF decides in the next few days, thanks, but no thanks to Frost.

Last edited:
I dunno what is going to happen. My fav barista is a UCF grad and saying many fans are turning against SF now and some players not happy with how it went down. Saying he lied to them, etc, etc. Not that I really track on UCF, but what is their AD saying or their interim coach?

I dunno what is going to happen. My fav barista is a UCF grad and saying many fans are turning against SF now and some players not happy with how it went down. Saying he lied to them, etc, etc. Not that I really track on UCF, but what is their AD saying or their interim coach?

UCF is in a tough spot. Frost is taking most of the staff, but Walters is apparently hoping to get the job. They are going to need some if not all the assistants to prepare, but as I said in the other thread, the tide might turn against Frost.

Enough with the sarcasm.

They were just talking about this with Charles Davis on 1620. Davis brought up a good point regarding Spurrier that I had forgotten. When Spurrier left Duke for Florida, he did coach Duke’s bowl game. During the game around the 2nd Q, Spurrier got on a player for not playing hard enough. That player gave him a look like, “What do I care, you aren’t going to be here any more.” Spurrier said he’d never do that again if he were in a similar situation.

Davis also said now, Frost is on good terms with UCF, but as time goes, it can only sour. He feels SF has moved on, its time to go.

Another point they just brought up is Nebraska has today offered to UCF commits a scholarship. Not sure how this will go over with the UCF AD.

So some valid points.

I still see no harm on the Nebraska side, but maybe UCF decides in the next few days, thanks, but no thanks to Frost.

The problem is, almost their entire staff is coming to Nebraska, so the assistants are going to have to coach UCF in that game regardless of whether Frost does. Walters can't coach the entire team by himself.

Now if Walters gets the permanent job, it would make sense to let Walters coach the bowl game to give him some experience - but regardless, our new staff is going to have to help him coach that game - unless he can assemble a new staff in 2 weeks.

Reactions: newAD

Enough with the sarcasm.

So some valid points.

I wouldn't blame UCF at all if they decided to cut ties. But if they want him to coach, NU fans should have no problem with Frost fulfilling his commitment to the school and his players provided he's also putting in the work to set NU up for success.

Very valid points about the relationship potentially souring though. Especially since they're going after UCF commits. That alone could (and maybe should) be a deal breaker.

The problem is, almost their entire staff is coming to Nebraska, so the assistants are going to have to coach UCF in that game regardless of whether Frost does. Walters can't coach the entire team by himself.

Now if Walters gets the permanent job, it would make sense to let Walters coach the bowl game to give him some experience - but regardless, our new staff is going to have to help him coach that game.

Agree. I basically said the same thing (we were probably typing at the same time). I am at the point I hope Walters gets the job (they have apparently moved on from Sumlin), because I’m just not sure the good will lasts on both sides.

They need to hire a coach and cut the umbilical cord. Never have been a fan of his coaching their bowl. His kids there are getting butt hurt and feeling like they were jilted at the altar. Let's move on.

No matter what, having the entire staff leave is going to be a distraction for the players. I wouldn't be surprised if UCF is not its normal self in the game. Plus, Auburn is one tough draw, no matter who you are.

Reactions: newAD

I spent some time browsing their board. No posts though.

Interesting to watch this all play out in their world ober a few months. Frost would never leave, probably wont leave, might leave, left but can still back out, left and is a traitor.

I think as time goes on he will be less respected by their fans. I have no issues with him coaching the bowl but its starting to be analogous to a final romp with a crazy ex.

I don’t see how this works out as a good thing for NU. If UCF wins, it might have some bump, but I am sure the storyline is “see? We can do it without SF” depending on his level of involvement. If they lose, the excuse will be “SF left and the team lost focus”.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT