ADVERTISEMENT

Monday, May 10th: Huskers win 7-6 (13 inn)!!!!!

A 3-1 weekend in Jersey sure puts some salve on the previous weekend.

On the flip side is Rutgers. They were being touted as a regional bubble team and went 0-4 in their own pod. With two losses in extra innings. Ouch.

On the flip side is Rutgers. They were being touted as a regional bubble team and went 0-4 in their own pod. With two losses in extra innings. Ouch.

They caught lightning in a bottle against us and Mich. They are back to reality.

Reactions: coolonetoo

I'll take it, especially when you consider two of our pitchers were in the zone until a rain delay took them off the mound prematurely.

Olson is an unsung hero, hasn't been used lately and settled the game down for us on the bump.

Wynne stepped up, Schreiber stepped up, feel really bad for Bunz as I, and pretty much everyone else watching the game, thought it was strike 3 then next pitch was 3-run dinger. That was a 5 out inning. Schwellenbach bowed his neck, Martin stepped up and Frank got redemption from Saturday.

Griffin Everitt, wow. Brice too for getting it going in the last inning.

Super proud of these guys.

Olson is an unsung hero, hasn't been used lately and settled the game down for us on the bump.

Wynne stepped up, Schreiber stepped up, feel really bad for Bunz as I, and pretty much everyone else watching the game, thought it was strike 3 then next pitch was 3-run dinger. That was a 5 out inning. Schwellenbach bowed his neck, Martin stepped up and Frank got redemption from Saturday.

Griffin Everitt, wow. Brice too for getting it going in the last inning.

Super proud of these guys.
It is nice seeing the bottom of the lineup step up this weekend to get us two wins at the plate late in both these games.

Reactions: Hskrbsbl2020
A game starting 6-0 in the first then finishing 7-6 in an extra innings pitcher's duel is.... is.... right next door to not believable.

OK, 3-1 weekend, splitting honors with Indiana, Rutgers going 0fer, that works.

Towards the end I was thinking how the hell do they still let Matthews go to the plate. He has had a horrible year. Then he comes up big. His speed is huge.

Towards the end I was thinking how the hell do they still let Matthews go to the plate. He has had a horrible year. Then he comes up big. His speed is huge.
Matthews can be one of the most clutch players on the team oddly enough. He can also have some of the longest and most gruesome slumps on the team. I really think guys like Matthews, Steil, and some of the other younger bats would of benefited greatly from midweek games against Northern Colorado type teams.

I was thinking the same thing. The only position player we had available was Hagge so I get why they stayed with Matthews & thankfully they did.

Every single position guy played today as Hagge replaced Chick in LF in the bottom of the 13th. All pitchers were used this weekend, minus Bragg & Mason. That's 15 of 17 arms, with 9 used today alone, wow.

ADVERTISEMENT