ADVERTISEMENT

Monday, March 14th: Nebraska vs Omaha - (Huskers win 6-5)

I’m working and have a lot of meeting so will not be available to provide highlights. Or low lights. Whatever we call it right now.

Shocking, Banjoff k's which is his 19th in 56 plate appearances then we can't produce with 2 in scoring position.

1st:

Schanaman gets two quick outs and then promptly walks the bases loaded. But he induces a groundout to get out of it with no damage.

A pair of two-out Husker hits are wasted as a strikeout with two runners in scoring position ends the bottom half.

Reactions: BrighteRed24
2nd:

UNO puts two on via an E6 and a single. Shay cuts down the lead runner at third on a bunt attempt and then strikes out two.

Nebraska goes down in order quickly.

3rd

UNO gets a lead off solo homer (same guy as yesterday—he’s now hitting .426–can we get him to transfer in-season?) but nobody else reaches base.

UNL goes down 1-2-3.

1-0 UNO

Last edited:
Reactions: BrighteRed24
5 LOB thru 5 innings, with 4 of them in scoring position. 3-18 against a guy that came in to the game giving up 1.5 hits per inning and an OBA of .327. He had a 7.11 ERA & a whip of 1.74 🤣

6th

Mavericks
-BB
-5-4
-K
-WP advances a runner to 2nd
-5-3

Cornhuskers
-4-3
-HR Everitt
-1B+E7+SB gets a runner to third
-Mound visit
-2B ties the game
-Caught stealing at third (WHY?!?!?!?!?)
-BB
-5-3

2-2 The Bears

I'll take full credit for the B6 results 🤣 🤦‍♂️
giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Hskrbsbl2020
I had some pretty high hopes for this season ..
Right now they are the third best team in the state.

Stop.

Ya, he got that one. Seemed to me it'd be out regardless of the wind. Griff's second one was definitely aided by the wind.

Side note, can we please put Matthews in the lead-off spot for the rest of the year? I really don't care if he hits .200 on the season - he's the best guy we have to set the table and create havoc on the bases.

7th

Upper
-Pitching change (Ornelas)
-2B
-Bunt moves the runner to third
-K
-IW
-WP plates a run and advance
-1-U

Lower
-Pitching change
-HR Cervantes
-Bunt moves the runner to second
-6-3 (runner moves to third)
-HR (Everitt x2 on the day)
-1B (bunt)
-1B (runner goes 1st to 3rd)
-K

5-3 Good Guys

Side note, can we please put Matthews in the lead-off spot for the rest of the year? I really don't care if he hits .200 on the season - he's the best guy we have to set the table and create havoc on the bases.
YES.

8th

Mavs
-BB
-1B (runner goes 1st to 3rd)
-Pitching change (Olson)
-SF9 scores a run
-K
-K

Skers
-5-3
-F7
-F5

5-4 Big Red

9th

UN-Omaha
-F3
-HBP
-F7
-1B
-1B ties the game
-BB
-Pitching change (Bragg)
-6-4

UN-Lincoln
-F8
-2B
-1B Everitt (what a day) brings in the winning run

Final: 6-5 Nebraska
W - Bragg
L - Howe

Stop.

Ya, he got that one. Seemed to me it'd be out regardless of the wind. Griff's second one was definitely aided by the wind.

Yep. Brice makes stuff happen out there.

Today’s only requirement was a win.

Hopefully, scoring 6 the last 3-1/3 innings builds some sorely needed confidence and more success with nine games left on this homestand.

Last edited:
14 games in to the season & we don't have a steady line-up, multiple lead-off guys, unknown closer & our best leverage guy in the bullpen was moved to the Friday spot.

These next couple games are big for our younger arms!

Reactions: sklarbodds
9th

UN-Omaha
-F3
-HBP
-F7
-1B
-1B ties the game
-BB
-Pitching change (Bragg)
-6-4

UN-Lincoln
-F8
-2B
-1B Everitt (what a day) brings in the winning run

Final: 6-5 Nebraska
W - Bragg
L - Howe
Scoring question for anyone that might know. Why was Everitt only credited with a single when it looked like he had actually rounded 2B before Anderson scored?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT